Thread: OT: A fish in a pond-one is limited by one's openess

OT: A fish in a pond-one is limited by one's openess

We are limited by our openess.

A fish swims all over the pond. And it said I have seen the world.

One day, the fish was caught by a villager. He was going to give it to a friend.

And then he got a better gift idea. He then released the fish into a river.

The fish swims along the river. And said oh, there are many more things than in the pond.

The fish was caught by a young boy. The boy was going to give the fish to a girl that lives close to the ocean. Then he decided to get a pot of flowers as a gift. Since the girl lives close to the ocean must have seen many more fishes.

The boy released the fish to the ocean. The fish swims and said oh this is the ocean.

The story meant that we open our mind to new ideas, suggestions and criticism etc. so that our horizon or perceived world may be broaden.

In the world of MA, are we close or open?

Last edited by SPJ; 01-25-2006 at 08:47 PM.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    wouldn't the freshwater fish have died when it was released into the salt water?

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Yes. You are correct.

pond fish and river fish and ocean fish are all very different fishes.

be happy there's water if you are a fish.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Reminds me of a DMB song. Shouldn't we be happy with our place in this world. That's not to say that we shouldn't try to be better, but focus on where you are instead of where you want to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    My Questions Is......"how Did The Fish Know About The Ocean If He Only Thought His World Was The Pond? He Got Dumped Into A River And That Shook Up His World. But That Was All He Knew. So How Did He Ever Hear Of An Ocean? Other Fish? Have Those River Fish Ever Gone To The Ocean?

Big Eyed Fish

if it wasn't for aspirations we wouldn't be typing back and forth at each other.

aspiration to greater things is not bad. people just let it get out of control and place to much value on the things they have achieved.

Plato's myth of the cave;
    The Matrix;

It's an old and a common theme.

Nothing wrong with aspiration, but aspiration without perspiration is a waste of time. Daydreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.