Flame wars have never really bothered me. Normally I will read a bit of the argument/childish bickering and move on.

But im confused. Normally the crap that goes on here seems to be between grown guys and gals (blooming lotus , RIP).

I HAVE COME TO A CONCLUSION AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS.

There has always been drama in the MA world. I dont know of one person who can look at me square in the face and tell me that they have never been to a public tournament without some major A$$ complaining or starting something or another. It just comes with the deal.

Martial arts tends to draw people that are easily swayed with tradition (Not all: MMA is kinda the anti-tradition-tradition, amirite? :P) Dont get me wrong, im not saying all tradition is bad. On the contrary, I love traditional CMA-but lets FACE IT ALREADY: this honor crap isnt really cutting it on the INTERNET, or for that matter, anywhere else. Honor was something way back then, but if you are truly secure with yourself and what you're doing, it holds no place in modern times. You are not fighting for your life OR FOR INTERNET SUPERIORITY.

If you're secure with yourself and your teacher, BRUSH OFF THE INSULTS. Nobody is here to prove anything to anyone. You cant force feed information if someone has sewn their mouth shut.

If someone walked up to me and said "Hurrhurr, your Sifu is dumb and cant fight, hurrdeehurr.", I would honestly not give a rats behind. Neither should you. People dont dictate who you or your teachers are, so stop acting like they do.

Carrying on these petty arguments ("Green clown", knife fighter.) is just childish. If someone comes on the board and spouts nonsense, LET THEM or IGNORE THEM. You have the option! IGNORE FUNCTION IS VERY EASY.

Im not writing this because these flame wars hurt my feelings, or whatever. I actually get a decent laugh sometimes...but I would much rather see decent conversation come from these people instead of blind insulting. If you dont agree with someone, theres no harm in giving your own opinion. BUT BOTH PARTIES NEED TO HAVE A BASIC AMOUNT OF RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER AND NOT TOTALLY BASH THEIR PHILOSOPHY, or claims, for that matter.

I remember some Dragon-somethingoranother guy who claimed he could stick his hands in boiling cooking oil. WHoopdeedoo. IMO, if someone is stupid enough to go train with him to do this, they deserve getting their hands burned off! (Natural selection!)

But there is no reason to start big hate-filled fights over something like this. Theres crap all over the internet, but you can choose to ignore it (Paul-Chens long life magnets, or whatever they are?).

I hope im going to get through to some of you guys. I bet a lot of people already agree with me on most of these points

Internet. Serious Business.

In closing: Just give each other some respect. If it ****es you off so much as to want to start fighting, IGNORE THEM. You wont prove anything by fighting anyone over a crappy argument.