Thread: New Traditional 8 Step Site

New Traditional 8 Step Site

I have finally lived up to my promise to offer more public information about traditional 8 Step. Our web site is managed by Shifu John Chang and administered by me, along with help and content contributions from many others in the traditional 8 Step community, including various students of GM Wei and their students.

http://www.8-step.com

A few highlights:
    - Never-before-published photos of GM Wei demonstrating Tai Chi
    - Photos of some of GM Wei's students who continue to practice and teach today
    - Standardized 8 Step forms, based on a series of meetings in Taiwan among GM Wei's students to reach consensus on GM Wei's teachings
    - Never-before-published biographical article about GM Wei's life
    - Republications of several articles first published in Mantis Quarterly

Please let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome. Since this is the first iteration, it's possible we have missed a few items or made some mistakes, so please don't be shy about suggesting additions, improvements, future content, or correcting any errors you may find. Our only goal is to offer information about 8 Step, so we plan to continue adding content to the site on a regular basis.

Finally, I'd just like to credit babutanglang.com as the site that most inspired us during the creation of 8-step.com. As far as I'm concerned, babutanglang.com remains the best 8 Step site on the Internet.

Again, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

FREAKIN AWESOME! Great addition to the Mantis world. I cannot make any suggestions other than....
    On the translations, I was wondering if you could get more detailed in the English translation? It does not seem to be word for word translation.
    Already bookmarked.
    THanks
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Wow, the Website's tight like crazy (very very good)!!! I just skimmed over it, but it's clear alot of time and energy went in to creating such a lovely page. Thank you for sharing.
    God bless the child that can hold his own.

Very nice site!

mooying

I like your site Lapu, good job.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

As part of the 8 Step family, I want to express my thanks to you, Master Chang (my Kung Fu uncle) and others who have contributed to the creation of this website. The wealth of information from the website further increased my knowledge of 8 Step.

Recently, I had the priviledge and honor of exchanging emails with Master John Chang. I was blessed by his humblensess and his willingness to take time out to shared about Grand Master Wei and a different perspective of 8 Step.

Lapu Lapu,

Both you and Chang Shifu are very kind to share with us the rich and valuable history of Babu Tang Lang. The website shows just how altruistic the 8 Step family truly is. Chang Shifu and his brothers epitomize what can happen when selfless minds work together for the greater good of the system and it's history.

Sincerely,
    M.Dasargo

Quote Originally Posted by lapu_squared
    I have finally lived up to my promise to offer more public information about traditional 8 Step. Our web site is managed by Shifu John Chang and administered by me, along with help and content contributions from many others in the traditional 8 Step community, including various students of GM Wei and their students.

A few highlights:
    - Standardized 8 Step forms, based on a series of meetings in Taiwan among GM Wei's students to reach consensus on GM Wei's teachings

Please let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome. Since this is the first iteration, it's possible we have missed a few items or made some mistakes, so please don't be shy about suggesting additions, improvements, future content, or correcting any errors you may find. Our only goal is to offer information about 8 Step, so we plan to continue adding content to the site on a regular basis.

Finally, I'd just like to credit babutanglang.com as the site that most inspired us during the creation of 8-step.com. As far as I'm concerned, babutanglang.com remains the best 8 Step site on the Internet.

Very nice site. Especially poignant was the picture of the mantis on the gravestone. My sifu lived in Hawaii for many years and studied under the Late Grandmaster David Cheng, one of Chui Chuk Kai's 12 disciples. He was asked to be a pallbearer at Grandmaster Cheng's funeral. He showed me a picture of a mantis on the windowsill of his home in Hawaii, dated the day of the funeral. He saw it after he had awakened that morning. It was the only mantis he had seen while living in Hawaii...

Quote Originally Posted by lapu_squared

A few highlights:

Very nice site. Especially poignant was the picture of the mantis on the gravestone. My sifu lived in Hawaii for many years and studied under the Late Grandmaster David Cheng, one of Chui Chuk Kai's 12 disciples. He was asked to be a pallbearer at Grandmaster Cheng's funeral. He showed me a picture of a mantis on the windowsill of his home in Hawaii, dated the day of the funeral. He saw it after he had awakened that morning. It was the only mantis he had seen while living in Hawaii...

Wu Er Li

teaches in Houston, Tx. The site said Dallas. Does he have students in Dallas?

I'm friends with his daughter.

11. Mr. Wu

htowndragon: "Dallas" was a typo. It should say "Houston." Thanks for catching that. It will get fixed on the next site update, probably later this week.

Thanks also to everyone for all the positive feedback.