Thread: I'm writing a manual for rope dart.

Thumbs up I'm writing a manual for rope dart.

I have decided to write an instructional book on the rope dart. been in practice about 5 years. I need to know if anyone in the forum has ever written an instructional manual for martial arts, I am also looking to speak with other
    users of soft weapons, to make sure the layout flows smoothly and is easily
    understood as far as the terminology goes. my book is geared towards the typical american, using only english to discribe the movements. Any additional imput
    is welcome provided it's on subject.

Thanks

you don't have to be a pro, just willing to listen and help, if you have any interest
    please respond.

Quote Originally Posted by greensage22
    I have decided to write an instructional book on the rope dart. been in practice about 5 years. I need to know if anyone in the forum has ever written an instructional manual for martial arts, I am also looking to speak with other
    users of soft weapons, to make sure the layout flows smoothly and is easily
    understood as far as the terminology goes. my book is geared towards the typical american, using only english to discribe the movements. Any additional imput
    is welcome provided it's on subject.

Thanks
    Just lots of pictures - probably need high speed film to capture the movement. Probably good to film slightly top to down and have an X marked on the ground so the reader can see your orientation.

Need a stunt man as a demo partner and have a section on rope dart vs meterioc hammer - that will be a treat !!!!

When ur done can i have a copy im really interested in usin a rope dart except nowhere teaches it even if u have some footage that would be awesome to.

I am tring to use a digital camera, and download the pics onto disc to add text.
    my sensei owns E/B productions which makes karate instructional videos.
    I think I'm going to ask him to help me with the layout, and possibly a dvd
    instructional insert.

"viper": I will give away at least one dozen for free from my personal printed stash
    to friends and fellow soft weapon users. congrats, you just won book 5 of 12
    please allow 6 months to 1 year for printing and shipping.

At the rate I'm writting, the text will be done in a week. I am borrowing
    the digital camera in a couple days. photos will take a while so far I need over
    60 pics, the problem is that the rope doesn't show up against any light colored
    backdrop, so I'm going to buy black sheets to shoot on. the other problem
    i'm having is that there is a slight delay on cameras before the shot is taken.
    for every one pic needed I will have to take at least 5 shots to get a good one,
    where everything is visable.

I am going to include a section on other soft weapons, however I only truely
    understand the rope dart, I need to find people who know chain whip and
    metier hammer.

Always reference the ways it has been done before

Rope Dart Book

Hope this helps...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Blog Entries
    hey greencloudclf

i spoke with your sifu last night. he's really a nice guy.

and gus, your phone cut out and i stepped out after that. we will talk again soon.

frank---hsk

How did the manual turn out? I'd be interested in getting a copy. I compiled my own manual three years ago and had it published in Hong Kong. If you're curious to find out more, it's available through www.kungfubrothers.com
    Eric
    p.s. I also have an instructional DVD

Make the book and use photos. Include a dvd that shows everything described in teh book and even making page references.

This would be an acceptable instructional aide in this day and age and is more than what many offer.
    Kung Fu is good for you.