Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total Gym

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this discussion is the portability of the Total Gym. One reason that Chuck Norris likes the Total Gym is that he can ship it from location to location where ever he may be filming. It is light enough so that you can carry it without any trouble and move it around at will. I live in a one bedroom apartment and while sometimes I go and workout in the gym there are other times when I just want to stay in my apartment and workout. It folds up neatly against the wall and blends in with your furniture- it has a nice, quality finish. Weights of any kind would not be as practical in an apartment and certainly don't enjoy the same degree of portability.

Another factor that I like is the type of resistance that it develops. It is a smooth flowing resistance throughout the full range of motion which is very similar to isokinetics.

Chief Fox,

Your are right the exercises you list are very good for building strength and power. Regular free weight training is perhaps the best for the type of results YOU are looking for.

However you can develop the same type of power with the GTS without added risk of injury.

You can also use the GTS for post rehab work, pilates, teaching the body to correctly stablize the spine. Break down misfire of the abdominal wall due to injury. Get active muscle isolation in conjuction with stablization of the joints system. Build strength and muscle mass along with power training. As a personal trainer and business owner, perfect machine for the type of clientele I work with.

As to flexibilty, when I say flexibilty I mean being able to put both legs behind you head or touch you feet to your head in a deep backbend. I am a yoga teacher after all!

Here is a pic for viewing

Quote Originally Posted by ymotion
    Chief Fox,

Your are right the exercises you list are very good for building strength and power. Regular free weight training is perhaps the best for the type of results YOU are looking for.

However you can develop the same type of power with the GTS without added risk of injury.

You can also use the GTS for post rehab work, pilates, teaching the body to correctly stablize the spine. Break down misfire of the abdominal wall due to injury. Get active muscle isolation in conjuction with stablization of the joints system. Build strength and muscle mass along with power training. As a personal trainer and business owner, perfect machine for the type of clientele I work with.

As to flexibilty, when I say flexibilty I mean being able to put both legs behind you head or touch you feet to your head in a deep backbend. I am a yoga teacher after all!

Here is a pic for viewing
    I do agree that the machine has a market, and Andy 62 makes a great point about portability. As a martial artist looking for power in all of my movements I believe that the Olympic weight set is best and maybe more importantly, cheaper.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ymotion
    to each their own.
    Hey, any training is better than no training. Regardless of what kind of equipment we personally prefer, at least we're out there doing something.

So lets here more about your Yoga instruction. I've been thinking about getting one of those Yoga decks. What do you think?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Hey, any training is better than no training. Regardless of what kind of equipment we personally prefer, at least we're out there doing something.

So lets here more about your Yoga instruction. I've been thinking about getting one of those Yoga decks. What do you think?

gonna start a new thread for this one

[QUOTE=Chief Fox]Hey, any training is better than no training. Regardless of what kind of equipment we personally prefer, at least we're out there doing something.

QUOTE]

word
    where's my beer?