Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New updates on greencloud.net

New updates on greencloud.net

Just wanted to remind the curious, I got some new updates incuding a video of me doing Dai sing peck gwa. I put that one up first since It's so rare, there is more to come soon, including some CLF, LAMA, Mook Jung, and some sparring clips. Please be patient we will get this stuff up soon

Don't forget to hit the greencloud.com link and go to the e gallery to see some pics of the studio

The form is interesting, which of the 5 monkey sets is it? I know Sifu Chan Sau Chung and have trained with one of his top students, Sifu Chow Keung and it looked slightly different from their monkey, but then again each person plays a set differently and they only focus on Tai Sing Pek Kwar Mun.

Did Sifu Chan Tai San learn from Ken Dak Hoi?

Peace.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 02-03-2006 at 12:46 PM.

lI'ts the Crafty monkey. As far as who CTS trained with, I believe it was from one of CSJung's classmates alttough I never got his name .I am very curious about it and would love to find out who he is or even if he is still alive.

The form focuses more on the hou kune and not the peck gwa, it definetly doesn't have any reseblence to Paulie zink's stuff who clames to do DSPWM.

I trained with Sifu Chow Kueng this past year and we hung with with GM Chan Sau Chung and some of his other students in 2000 for about a week. We discussed a lot of things and found out that the system of Tai Shing Pek Kwar is mainly Pek Kwar sets (fist and weapon), which looks kind of like a northen CLF with a Buk Sil Lum flare. The monkey portion has 5 monkey hand forms and the monkey staff. Most of the students learn the pek kwar stuff and never learn the monkey sets. Nowadays they tend to teach the monkey sets to students who seem that they might be good at it and have the right body style.

Personally I like the pek kwar stuff over the monkey forms. I find they easier to learn from a CLF perspective and they have good applications. All of Chan Sau Chungs famous full-contact fighters from the 1970s would generally use the Pek Kwar stuff for full contact. The stories they told us about their training was off the hook.

I would really recommend training with Sifu Chow Keung if you are ever in HK. His kung fu is real tight.

Peace.

The Crafty Monkey! It looks very cool. Do you think you would ever pass that on?

~~J
    Akahai - Modesty
    Lokahi Aku Like - Unison and harmony
    'Olu 'Olu Ka Manao - Pleasant thoughts
    Ha'a Ha'a - Humility
    Ahonui A Lanakila - Patience will achieve your goals

If you're taking requests I'm real interested in seeing some of the Lama sets.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    The Crafty Monkey! It looks very cool. Do you think you would ever pass that on?

~~J
    Yes and no, I usualy teach the applications since there is a lot of effective joint locking and ground fighting tech.

As far as teaching the forms they are nearly impossible to teach, since the forms require alot of athletic ability.

Learning the characteristics of the monkey make it very hard to teach, but every now and then I find people taht actualy want to learn this style.

As far as the Peck Gwa stuff that's easy to learn since it resemles the CLF stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    If you're taking requests I'm real interested in seeing some of the Lama sets.
    Comming soon to a website near you I'l keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    ...there is more to come soon, including some... sparring clips.
    That should be interesting.

Just for you baby

Blog Entries
    gus,

you know no matter how good the sparring is knifefighter will always have something negative to say, or he is still better than that. so take his words lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    you know no matter how good the sparring is knifefighter will always have something negative to say, or he is still better than that. so take his words lightly.
    Unless is is complete crud, or not really sparring at all, it is pretty rare that I would make a comment about someone's sparring clips. At least people who are sparring hard are working their stuff in a more realistic manner than the forms collectors and two man set dancers.

Yea I know frank cant impress the un inmpessable, besides it's not like I'm designing my web site for guys like him.

Yea it's not like guys like kf are ever gonna walk into my school any way. I'm just trying to share info with other kung fu guys that's all. If he likes what he sees cool if he doesn't well it's not like I'm gona loose any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Unless is is complete crud, or not really sparring at all, it is pretty rare that I would make a comment about someone's sparring clips.
    Then why did you bring it up in the first place with "this should be interesting"? Just wondering.

~~Jules
    Akahai - Modesty
    Lokahi Aku Like - Unison and harmony
    'Olu 'Olu Ka Manao - Pleasant thoughts
    Ha'a Ha'a - Humility
    Ahonui A Lanakila - Patience will achieve your goals