Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instructors Wanted!

Which part is tempting?

Also I work on Long Island and live in Brooklyn. I have seven years of experiance and have taught both publicly and privatley. I am 33 and a total kungfu addict.

call me at the office today to discuss it. After 12pm

516 739-8888

That goes for everyone who is interested.

Will do. Thanks.

Try the school again...I was a bit busy...

do you give health and dental?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

No dental yet, buddy. But, we do have a great health plan, and we just started 401Ks this year. There are also company trips, two to local states (weekends), once per year to florida, once per year for the big convention in Las Vegas (4 days) and 7 days vacation after the first year.

Trips are all paid for by the company.

Interesting

Along with expansion of my organization locally, we will be looking for affiliate schools to 'partner' up with. These can be nationally or international. I would need more details to determine if they qualify. So 'yes', have interested parties contact me.[/QUOTE]

Lama Pai Sifu,

could you please explain more about what you mean or what you have in mind for expansion thru affilate schools? Which kind of affiliation? On which terms,.. so on so forth.

Thank you very much

Luca

Luca, feel free to call me if you are in a position as I described. I don't want to get into prioritary details in an open forum.

I understand

Dear Lama Pai Sifu,

I understand your concern. Please check your private messages, just sent one.

Regards,

Luca

Good for Everyone.

Thanks for all the PM's. You can also email me directly at info@nykungfu.com. Please list your years training, what styles, if you have taught/are teaching if who you have trained with.

I've already had quite a few responses and I've met with 3 potential instructors this week. I met with a gentleman named Anthony last evening that I believe will make a fine addition to my organization. "Anthony, if you read this, feel free to share your experience from last evening."

Although I teach primarily, Choy Lay Fut and Lama Pai (although I have been taught several other styles) I am considering the idea of hiring competent instructors from a variety of styles to teach in my new schools. I believe each location could teach a different style.

Our curriculum is successful because we have it compartmentalized into small parts that make it easy to learn. Our unique curriculum format can be used to literally 'plug in' almost any style. I.e., at a certain level we work certain basics, at a certain level we work forms of a particular skill level, there are certain pad drills an self defense application associated with each basic, etc. Any style could use our curriculum outline and just use tech from that style. The curriclum planners we created have been a result of 15 years of teaching in a professional school. We found out how to balance - just how much to teach each day, each week, to new students so they don't get overwhelmed (teach them what they 'CAN' do, vs. all the things they 'CAN'T' do) , intermediate students so they build a strong base and advanced students so they don't get bored.

Structuring your curriculum so that stuents don't quit so quick. I say "quick" because everyone is going to quite sometime. How many people are still training with their first instructor? I'm certainly not and many of my students come with other experiences. Our school recognizes that and does everything we can to 'delay' that student from quitting. A good sound curriculum and business sense can really accomplish a lot in that area.

Anyway, I thought some of this info today would be good for instructors and school owners to read. Maybe it will encourage you to contact me, maybe just get you thinking.

Also, I've been contacted by a few schools who would like to become affiliate schools or would possibly like to merge and become part of my company. If you are a school owner that is struggling and feels that they can't make it on their own (an honestly, who wants to just 'make it'?) Contact me. Maybe we can do something together.

info@nykungfu.com

Be your best.

If I am not at the office, please leave a message and let them know what it is regarding. 516 739-8888

PM box keeps getting full. Serious inquires please send email to info@nykungfu.com

Thanks to everyone I've spoke to so far, I'm looking forward to starting some great new relationships.

If I haven't gotten back to you yet, I will respond to everyone else Sat./Mon.

Have a great weekend.

I met Sifu Parrella last week. He has a great combination of business and applicable martial arts teachings. He has a whole system of keeping people interests in our short attention span society. This is a great opportunity for the right person. He has really devoted his kungfu on marketing and it seems to be paying off. He is an impressive bussiness person who is focused with a game plan. He lays it all out so you know what he expects and what you sould expect. I think he is sincere and would be a good mentor for both business and kungfu. I aslo met a couple of his talented respectful instructors. I feel that at the very least I have made a new martial arts friend.

Cheers Sifu Parrella

Anthony