Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: superbowl XL

superbowl XL

so what did everyone think?

this was the first superbowl ive watched since i was six or so. bengles vs. 49rs whenever that was. if i remember right it was a much more exciting game.

obviously im not into football, but living so close to pittsburgh i was glad to see the steelers win. that said i think the seahawks played a better game. if they hadn't missed those two field goals and the steelers hadn't gotten a touch down they didn't quite earn it would have been a different game.
    where's my beer?

It's nice when you win 75 bucks.
    Always learning

Boooring. Seattle played their worst game all year, and the Steelers shouldn't have even been there.

It was nothing like Denver/Green Bay, St Louis/Tennessee, or even New England/St Louis in the last few years.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I was let down. The Steelers had two great plays, and the 'Hawks had a touchdown stolen from them. But that's the breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Granted, it was not one of the better Super Bowls. And just like the regular season, officiating was poor.

How in the world can you make a statement that the Steelers should not have been there? They had to win three road playoff games against very tuff odds! They had to go into Cincinnati, Indy, and then Denver! Come on man.

Seattle is in a weak division. They had a first round bye, then played a banged up Redskin squad at home, and Carolina did not show up for the contest. Seattle has one of the best head coaches in the league and great quarterback. The Hawks outplayed Pittsburgh, and thanks to the refs for killing Seattles momentum. This team will be back next year.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan
    then played a banged up Redskin squad at home,
    Yes, your Bucs beat them up the week before!
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

My buddy is a huge Steelers fan so he pulled out all the stops and threw a huge party: grilled steaks and baked potatoes, big screen projection in the garage, lots of beer, etc. I was happy for him that the Steelers won.

I thought the Sea Hawks had a touchdown taken from them and the Steelers had a touchdown given to them.

I thought both teams deserved to be there. The football season is a long haul and part of being successful is making sure that your players are healthy.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

the steelers hadn't gotten a touch down they didn't quite earn
    just found out i was completely wrong about that.

the ball went over the plane in the air ... it doesnt matter if he got hit back by the time he hit the ground. like i said im not real into football and didnt understand the rules.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    I thought the Sea Hawks had a touchdown taken from them and the Steelers had a touchdown given to them.

I thought both teams deserved to be there. The football season is a long haul and part of being successful is making sure that your players are healthy.
    I had a problem with the Hawks touchdown not being given to them, but I didn't have a problem with the Steeler's touchdown. It was a close call, but I think it was a touchdown. At least there wasnt' enough evidence to overturn it.

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan
    How in the world can you make a statement that the Steelers should not have been there? They had to win three road playoff games against very tuff odds! They had to go into Cincinnati, Indy, and then Denver! Come on man.
    Well, if that Indy player would have zigged instead of zagging into Roethlisberger on that fumble return, their run would have ended in Indianapolis.

Pittsburgh shouldn't have beaten Cincy. Had Palmer not gone down, Cincy would have easily beaten Pittsburgh.

They pretty much lucked their way through the playoffs, lucked their way into a Superbowl, and lucked their way to a Championship.

They are not the best team in football. Not even in the AFC.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    I had a problem with the Hawks touchdown not being given to them, but I didn't have a problem with the Steeler's touchdown. It was a close call, but I think it was a touchdown. At least there wasnt' enough evidence to overturn it.
    I'm not entirely convinced Roethlisberger broke the plane on that dive. But it was too close to overturn.

Seattle got robbed a couple of times, but they also got a couple of breaks. They had a fumbled pass called incomplete in the 2nd Qtr ( I think), and that fumble by Hasselbeck in the 4th could have gone either way because the officiating stunk.

If Seattle wants to whine, they should whine about their kicker. His two missed FGs would have changed the entire game.

Point well taken about busting outside, he had a wide open field and could have danced to the end zone. You cannot assume that Cincy would have beaten the Steelers, it is football, ya never can tell anymore. And if you want to throw out this luck thing, luck is part of being a winner! That is sports. Anywho, with Seattle`s coach and roster, they will be back. The league really needs to address the poor officiating!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Holmgren almost resigned before this season started. I doubt if he's coaching in Seattle much longer.

Originally, he went to the Seahawks because they made him coach and general manager. Well, he messed that all up and they took away the general manager position a couple of years ago so he could focus on coaching. I think he'll eventually move to a team that let's him do both again.

My MAdden Superbowl was much more spectacular.

My #1 Cleveland Browns defense took on the #4 Arizona Cardinals defense.

I was down 0-3 at halftime, and things were looking bleak. Lee Suggs, my Pro-Bowl running back and league-leading rusher, was basically shut down. I think I had 15 yards rushing. And Trent Dilfer at QB...well, I don't think I need to get into that.

But at the end of 3rd Qtr, Andre Davis intercepted a lame duck pass from AZ's Kurt Warner (he was clobbered by Kenard Land while throwing) and Davis took it back 45 yards for a much-needed score.

Finally, with the score still at 7-3 with two minutes left, Warner went deep and was picked off again, this time by rookie CB Antonio Bryant (University of Oklahoma), and Bryant went the distance to seal the victory 14-3.

Andre Davis was Superbowl MVP for his outstanding defensive efforts.