Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: superbowl XL

Madden:

My Skins beat the Colts 42-35 in my last Superbowl. Carlos Rogers returned an Int 87 yards for a touchdown in the 4th quarter when Manning was driving. I guess its true: Peyton can't win the big game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Anyone see the Jackie Chan ad?

I missed it. Is that ad on the net anywhere?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It was cute, but Jackie didn't really do much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I agree that the officiating was poor and tipped the game in Pittsburgh's favor. I wanted the Steeler's to win, but not that way.

You have to remember the old addage in sports. You play to the officials, not to the rules. The New England Patriots wrote this into their game plan in their first Super Bowl. They noted that the officials had the desire to let the outcome of the game be determined "on the field" and not by the officials. Their squad was coached to push the cheating to the max, because the refs weren't going to call much, and it worked. Of course, the NFL found out after the game, and the refs began to take a bigger role. In this Super Bowl, the refs did help determine the outcome.

It might be possible to have several eagle eye officials watching specific areas of play with sophisticated equipment, who electronically signal the officials if there is a violation. The touchdown that was taken away from Seattle when the receiver "pushed off" the defensive back or safety or whoever it was, could have been reviewed by a panel.

As you can see, these "solutions" might create more problems than they solve.
    Figure Eight

Jackie didn't really do much

He got on a superbowl commercial debut and those ads ain't cheap. Has any other martial artist been on a superbowl ad yet? I don't remember...

Strange as it may sound, I find the ads one of the most entertaining parts of the superbowl (especially the new beer ads).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.