Thread: Some people are just so silly!

I think it would have been fun to let master Chang beat the heck out of me

but reviving an ancient, rotten, stinkin dead thread for nuttin SUCKS

off with the troll's head!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

1. golden bell cover or jin zhong zhao.

2. iron cloth shirt or tie bu shan.

yes they are some kind of body conditioning to take punches and kicks, so they are not entirely just qi gong practice only.

so is iron crotch etc.

on the other hand, there are some sort of protective vests that people would wear under their regular garments such as

1. soft gold vest, jin si lu, it is a mash of gold threaded together, so knife or sharp object may not penetrate

2. soft porcupine vest or ruan wei jia, it has many pointing sharps, some times coated with poison, so if some body punches you, they will be bleeding as they punch into sharps and pointing needles coated with poison, ouch big time

3. leather vest, these are more common, so the knife may not cut into you easily.

--

of course, nowadays, we have bullet proof vest etc.

talking about technology to protect ourself.

to practice golden bell or iron shirt, one has to suffer pains and gruelling conditioning or self hitting,

we for most, we might as well buy and wear a protective vest

---

wow what an old thread indeed.

Last edited by SPJ; 04-30-2009 at 01:55 PM.

These forms of protection in the sense of tcma are pretty thorough conditioning exercises.

Besides the repetitious striking and the toughening of the body and mind from it, there is also the stretching that pulls the fascia muscle, the chi kung to correct the breathing patterns used while being struck and while striking, the correction of structure in motion to create surfaces that are glanced and so on.

I'd take a steel mail shirt over a gold one any day though. lol gold is too soft. strong enough guy could relatively easily shove a blade through gold mesh. Maybe brass would be harder somewhat. or Bronze..pretty similar.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Protection to weight ratio of metal vest vs. kevlar (for example) makes modern materials much more attractive.

The golden thread vest and soft porcupine vest are all Chinese wuxia fiction inventions.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Protection to weight ratio of metal vest vs. kevlar (for example) makes modern materials much more attractive.

The golden thread vest and soft porcupine vest are all Chinese wuxia fiction inventions.
    kevlar is not as strong as steel but it weighs less. You still need to have ceramic plates inserted into kevlar vests for force neutralization on impact.

kevlar alone doesn't protect it prevents penetration, but if there is no shield behind it, whatever bullet is coming through would merely push the fabric into the wound.

yuck!

chainmail is excellent for penetration stopping power on blades, but not bullets.
    Kung Fu is good for you.