Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Swaztika

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

That is absolutely ridiculous. There is NOTHING wrong with that symbol. The Nazi's were so stupid that they had it in the wrong direction. Maybe, that is why they lost. It would be better to educate people about this symbol than to appease.

mickey
    100% agreed.

Unfortunately, IMO most Westerners DON'T want to be educated about that. It's safe to say that most Westerners have a very black and white, emotional reaction (one way or the other) to the Swaztika. The idiot Nazis appropriated it, reversed it and RUINED it. Nonetheless, it's like a taboo to try educating people on the truth of the symbol. They've made up their minds, and if it makes them upset, they don't want to know.

I remember once in Taipei, walking towards a Buddhist vegetarian restaurant with a Swaztika symbol on its sign to symbolize the type of restaurant it is, and seeing a small group of American tourists on the street reacting in surprise, then kind of snickering about it. They had NO concept that it symbolized a Buddhist/vegetarian restaurant, and pointing that out to them probably wouldn't have made a difference.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-15-2016 at 01:35 PM.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Gene, the threadnecromancer, Ching !
    he's got to earn his pay somehow
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Argh!

Its an extension of the political correctness thats infecting the world at the moment.

It DESTROYS the actual mechanism of learning. You see a familiar symbol, you are confused as to why a Nazi symbol is there, you can't help but find out why. Then you learn its thousands of years old and appeared all over the world in ancient times, that Hitler was obsessed with the esoteric and stole this symbol among a great many other things. Remove the symbol and you are denied that chain of discovery. It happens every day with so many things, why remove these relics that unite us with the whole of history?

I don't think anybody actually wants to do this, I think its what some stupid people think that other people want. Such people should never be humoured.
    問「武」。曰:「克。」未達。曰:「勝己之私之謂克。」

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Argh!

Its an extension of the political correctness thats infecting the world at the moment.

It DESTROYS the actual mechanism of learning. You see a familiar symbol, you are confused as to why a Nazi symbol is there, you can't help but find out why. Then you learn its thousands of years old and appeared all over the world in ancient times, that Hitler was obsessed with the esoteric and stole this symbol among a great many other things. Remove the symbol and you are denied that chain of discovery. It happens every day with so many things, why remove these relics that unite us with the whole of history?

I don't think anybody actually wants to do this, I think its what some stupid people think that other people want. Such people should never be humoured.
    Very well said. At it's core, political correctness embraces ignorance and outlaws productive discussion.
    "It DESTROYS th actual mechanism of learning." I couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Are you Tibetan?

El Sobrante man says giant swastika in his yard isn't the Nazi kind
    Installation of hate symbol upsets neighbors
    By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 5:40 pm PDT, Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The swastika in the front yard of the Steve Johnson home in El Sobrante as seen from the air. People living in the San Francisco Bay Area suburb are upset that Johnson landscaped his front yard to resemble symbol associated with the Nazi regime. (June 5, 2019.) Photo: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Steve Johnson sits on his motorcycle in front of his home where he has constructed a design in his yard that resembles a swastika on June 5, 2019 in El Sobrante.
    Getty Images

In El Sobrante, a town apparently free of HOA covenants, a homeowner has redecorated his front yard in what appears to be early Third Reich.

According to reports from ABC7 and NBC Bay Area, Steven Johnson landscaped a giant swastika, the symbol of Nazi Germany, in front of his home on Lindell Drive.

The neighbors are not pleased.

Johnson insists the swastika, which is large enough to be visible from a low-altitude airliner, is not the same symbol embraced by Adolf Hitler's fascist regime and some white supremacist groups.
    Embedded video

NBC Bay Area

@nbcbayarea
    A landscaping design in the East Bay has neighbors in an uproar as an El Sobrante man carves what appears to be a massive swastika into his front yard. http://nbcbay.com/uxqkrnd

10:50 PM - Jun 4, 2019
    91 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    "It's a Tibetan sign that's way back before swastikas were invented," he told ABC7 reporters, who then asked him, "Are you Tibetan?"

Johnson reportedly answered, "I could be."

About that Tibetan swastika, a symbol of spirituality known as a sauwastika in Buddhist traditions — it faces the left rather than right-facing Hindu swastika, which was appropriated by the Nazis. Johnson's swastika faces right.

Maybe he just got his swastikas crossed up.

Regardless of his intentions, most of Johnson's neighbors reportedly find the symbol, which replaced a dirt yard, offensive and provocative.

Not to mention a disaster for real estate values.

"It's stupid. It kills the retail value of the house, kills the value of everyone on the street," neighbor Vince Poehnelt told ABC7 on Tuesday.

---

Read Mike Moffitt's latest stories and send him news tips at moffitt@sfgate.com.
    What some people will do for attention nowadays...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Name:  falun-gong-swastika.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  33.6 KB Falun Gong (China)
    Name:  ethiopian-swastikas.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  99.9 KB Ethiopia
    Name:  e68581a7086dd3637b3c5696796eae7a--african-history-spirituality.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  15.3 KB Ethiopia
    Name:  CkSUUDtWEAEQaKm.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  96.5 KB Ethiopia
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  84.3 KB Rastawoman

here are some that are not associated with "nazi's" entirely, and the Ethiopian ones predate most on the planet, go figure. Once you understand the workings behind those movements, the wars, the things the men who drove that movement were versed in, the power they wanted to work with etc. then you get why they only distort the natural original (anything) and natural ordinances (of everything), observed and put into functional application by our ancestors.
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Name:  sakya_sf1.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  96.5 KB Shakyamuni
    Name:  swasbu1.gif
Views: 141
Size:  49.8 KB .....
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator