Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WC vs. MMA link

WC vs. MMA link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...d+martial+arts

You can see the wc guy trying to attack eyes when taken to ground . . . and how it does not work.

Dude, I'm not seeing the eye attack attempt. Is it immediately when they hit the floor? I'm not busting on the Wing Chun guy or anything, but he looks awefully frail in comparison to the ground fighter. Anyone who has been in a beef knows that this matters. While Wing Chun can be effective for anyone of any size, I'd take an opponent my size or smaller over an equally skilled opponent the size of triple H. Regardless, good clip!

I must agree, I did not see an attack to the grappler's eyes either. If you don't mind me asking, where was this vid shot at.
    Until you really try it, everything works in theory!!!!

My friends . . . look at what the guy on the bottom is doing with his hands when they are on the floor . . . he is trying to grab the top guys eyes . . . but the top guy keeps hiding his face.

Thanks,

Ghost

The first 2 seconds of the clip tell the whole story.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Sorry man, I just can't really see what's going on. What style is the "kung fu" guy doing, since there are too many to count? Is this clip arguing against strikers in general? Since they obviously used a skilled, physically endowed ground fighter, why didn't they use the same quality of striker? No offense, but just a look at the "kung fu" guy says it all. Let's see someone like Emin Boztepe or Chuck Liddel match up to this ground fighter. Might be a little more fair.

The power of grappling

Now I understand why Knifefighter and co advocates ground grappling all the time. Awesome! Simply awesome. The WC guy simply had NO chance whatsoever.

After watching this clip, I may have to re-evaluate the effectiveness of wing chun adgainst a grapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajing
    No offense, but just a look at the "kung fu" guy says it all.
    Exactly. The guy looks like Jerry Lewis in the original Nutty Professor movie. Pathetic.

WTF was that? Mr Bean?

LOL

WTF was he doing with his legs? His arms? His whole **** body?

That wasn't kungfu of any kind!!! Maybe he was just wearing pyjamas cos he was in bed and his nightmare just came and mugged him XistenZ style...?

wow how pointless was that??

did anyone else hear a snapping sound right at the end? tell me that didnt happen.

Tooth pick in kung fu threads. My cat could of beat that guy up

The first two seconds says alot...yes...The kung fu guy just tries to rush in (and his hands were basically down as he's coming ) - he tries a kick as he's rushing forward with reckless abandon...and BOOM...he's down and out of his game because the grappler just jammed right into the kick going for a grab and takedown.

And yes...even if he was going for the eyes (couldn't really tell)...the grappler is hiding his face well...

And that's it. The kung fu guy is done. He has no ground skills worth talking about.

Was this a wing chun guy?

You know what...no matter what his style: he threw caution to the wind and clearly had no clue about what takedowns can do if you don't understand their dynamics and how to defend against them.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 02-12-2006 at 09:11 AM.

Isn't a shoot when someone rushes your legs for a take down?
    The things i have observed from the few clips and footage i've
    seen on mma v.s. what ever style is inexperience and the strikers
    seem like they're scared to hit these "grapplers" in thier head.
    Some of them seem to just let these "grapplers " shoot in for a
    take down
    HIT THEM IN THIER HEAD...KNOCK THIER A$$ THE F K OUT!!!

MMA isn't the end of the world...a wake up call perhaps...but not the end
    Grapplers can be beat
    If life isn't fair...than why should i be

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun
    Was this a wing chun guy?

You know what...no matter what his style: he threw caution to the wind and clearly had no clue about what takedowns can do if you don't understand their dynamics and how to defend against them.
    Victor, I think you could just say "he had no clue." Versus another striker, this dude was going down hard. Based on the clip, I can see zero evidence of any martial arts training at all. You could have put a football jersey on him, and entitled the clip "linebacker vs. MMA".

The "wing chun guy" wasent even doing things correctly that a wing chun guy should be doing correctly. Hands down, elbows and knees out, and attacking from inferior positions and angles, crossing his arms, jumping through the air, all bad things even for someone who is suppose to be"doing" wing chun.

strike!