Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Abu Ghraib Photos Released

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows
    One poster mentioned that cops do worse. But most everyone recognizes that when a cop is dumb enough to get videoed doing it, he's all on his own, and for good reason.
    http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1213/

possible NWS ads...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller

wow, that's disgusting.
    Not a very good showing of the services is it.
    Beating on civs for throwing stones.

Well, I guess that pretty much negates the whole hearts and minds claptrap.

and yeah, the cameraman definitely has issues with hate and anger, but mostly hate.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

They totally deserved it. I have seen worse beatings in Brookyln over a chick.

These kids are rock throwing vermin. Those rocks are weapons that could kill. These kids have to learn that there is a price to pay for there agressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal1

These kids are rock throwing vermin. Those rocks are weapons that could kill. These kids have to learn that there is a price to pay for there agressions.
    I hope you're being sarcastic, but if not...oh well, get some perspective and while you're at it, check out the definition of 'overkill' on www.dictionary.com

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal1

If you can hear the phone ringing its the local village. They want their idiot back.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

I just...you know...really I mean..

No words can describe....

PS...isn't this from the guy who says he doesnt fight???
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

You are a bunch of clueless libs.

Resort to name calling is all your good for.

They were throwing rocks that could kill you. If the soldiers machine gunned them I would have though that was overkill. A little beating and your loberal hearts are bleeding.

Because I chose not to fight in the ring doesn't mean I wouldn't fight. Oh wait that has nothing to do with this thread.

For the record if some punk kid threw a stone at me I would beat him senseless.

What would you guys do? Oh wait I know sit around and rationalize how these little animals were justified and how you really deserved it.

I am off to my vacation so more name calling and insults won't be repsonded to.

Actually I am a fan of Bush and conservative policies (generally)...but sometimes common sense wins out, ya know.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

last i heard rocks don't penetrate riot shields, body armour or kevlar helmets, so I don't know where the idea that rocks can kill them is coming from.

now getting your head beat in with a nightstick when your a teenager, well that can kill you.

who stands upi for these people? It certainly isn't the occupational forces that are trying to force democracy down their throats.

"libs" psssh, now who's talking shyte? Dude, it's common sense that you let that stuff go and as soon as dispersal occurs, you don't run after the mob to pick out the weak ones and stragglers to bring them back into the compound for a beating.

That's just common sense, those soldiers who did that are completely in the wrong on this and could have brought themselves more harm and put their fellows in harms way for taking teh actions that they did take.

In fact, they have indeed created more of a problem by their actions.

This is indicative to me of training and guidance in regards to the area and region they are in that is just plain lacking and sub standard.

nuff said
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I have a close friend who handled security for the U.S. embassy in a Middle Eastern country. He says they would do whatever they could to disperse crowds of protestors...who he thought were idiots...to try to help them out. If the crowd lasted until the local forces showed, people were probably going to die. He said he hated to see the motorcycles with one driver and one gunman facing backwards show up, they were brutal and the guys that did it really enjoyed their jobs.
    I'd humbly submit that people who call a little "strongarming" of protestors overkill might not be aware of the norms for...well, at least for one Middle Eastern country. My friend seemed to think U.S. forces were not respected because of their (mandated) restraint.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

They probably were bloodied up during arrest. Some of those photos look like document photos of injuries prisoners had on arrival, part I why they strip them down.

Ahemd was caught hiding a few dozen AK's and an assortment of other weapons in his garden. The Marines came to arrest him and busted in all SWAT style which scared the **** out oh Ahemd. Now the marines are yelling at him to get down (probably in English and Arabic) but Ahemd is freaking out. The marines are not going to lay down their M-16's so they can wrestle the guy to the ground, that would be just plain stupid. So they use what’s in their hands, and butt-stroke the guy a couple of times till he drops to the ground. And the next thing you know you got a couple of photos taken out of context exclaimed as examples of torture.

Ignorant of their Culture?

My point is that as Prisoners of war their “Culture” does not matter. Their feelings do not matter. What their favorite foods are don’t matter. Their names, ideas, beliefs, preferences, none of that **** matters. Keep’em relatively physically healthy and you’re doing good.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan
    They probably were bloodied up during arrest. Some of those photos look like document photos of injuries prisoners had on arrival, part I why they strip them down.

Ahemd was caught hiding a few dozen AK's and an assortment of other weapons in his garden. The Marines came to arrest him and busted in all SWAT style which scared the **** out oh Ahemd. Now the marines are yelling at him to get down (probably in English and Arabic) but Ahemd is freaking out. The marines are not going to lay down their M-16's so they can wrestle the guy to the ground, that would be just plain stupid. So they use what’s in their hands, and butt-stroke the guy a couple of times till he drops to the ground. And the next thing you know you got a couple of photos taken out of context exclaimed as examples of torture.

Ignorant of their Culture?

My point is that as Prisoners of war their “Culture” does not matter. Their feelings do not matter. What their favorite foods are don’t matter. Their names, ideas, beliefs, preferences, none of that **** matters. Keep’em relatively physically healthy and you’re doing good.
    so you agree with running a country with a foreign army like a prison camp?

Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm talking about criminal's in Prison here, so I agree with running a prison like a "prison camp" yes. Kinda make sense to me.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Terror

Very amusing Shane...

But I think people are perhaps ignoring or not hearing the concerns of the international community in regards to the treatment of the POW. The US signed on to the Geneva Conventions (and many other UN treaties in regard to torture, treatment of combatants and non-combatants, etc.) which are obviously not being followed. Check out Amnesty Int., UN, etc. Reading the piece linked below gave me even more concerns - from the "Physicians for Human Rights" (US based org.);

http://www.phrusa.org/publications/torture.html#torture

I would hope others find this as disturbing as I do.

AQ

People that buy into one side over another understand neither.

yes there are terrorists. they are bad people that do bad things to innocent people in teh name of their cause whatever it may be.

Yes, there is a right to defend oneself and their families and for that matter their country from such people as teh terrorists are.

Terrorists come in many different hats. Sometimes, they wear a kafia, carry an ak47 and walk through a desert.

Sometimes they wear a suit and walk through a nice hallway on teh way to their offices.

The terrorists that are your side are not terrorists. Only the other side is terrorists. Your side is usually righteous and their side is evil. It is the same on either side.

It can be easily surmised that neithers leaders can be trusted with what they have to say about much of it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.