Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tao Concepts - a new way

Tao Concepts - a new way

Hi guys,

i've started after several years of wing chun a new vision of the art....it's quite different from Tradiotional Wing Chun.... please let me know what you think about it:

www.tao-concepts.info

Frank Spencer

I'm lost for words.

Knifefighter will have a fields day though!

Lightbulb

that certainly is an entertainment

i try to practice taoism myself, in fact, i've got an article called the tao and te of wing chun on my little website...

i really don't think i'm qualified enough to revolutionise the system in such a radical way though, especially seen as wing chun kung fu is currently better than any other system of self defence. why change it? taoism teaches to leave things alone to let them go about their natural way!

Hmmmm

Why is this termed as unique in the world?
    There doesn't seem to be anything unique at all about it.
    Just sounds like Wing Chun and some bits knicked from Tai Chi.

Can't quite comprehend whats so new about this idea, I'm sorry to say but you're not the first to think along these lines mate.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

It is always great that everyone being creative and develop one's vision. Keep doing it fix it and evol it, then one will get it right. Since the easiest path to Dao is about take the first step and exploring. and Dao has no VIP everyone is equal. so, everyone is equally empower. IMHO.

IMHHO
    A few comments as the following:

1, Dao is Dao. Dao is not a concept.

let's aware about the Awareness. since that is closer then Mental power or thoughts ( layer 3 in XLM) to Dao. Awareness is a layer 4 and upward layers stuffs.

In Awareness There is no Moving or Defending.
    IE: is your awareness moving or still? defending or attacking? or the Awareness is Thus it is beyond defend or attack. moving or still?

One cannot use the Layer 3's view or mental thoughts speculation as Dao because Layer 3 or mental toughts speculation is limited.

2, Dao is not Yang and De is not Yin. Dao is Non-Dual. that is beyond Duality or Yin Yang. Again, say Awareness, is awareness male or female? De is the result of following Dao.

3, IMHO, we need to probe into the Awareness which is beyond the Mental power layer. Mental power is a great tool however it can cause us stuck in limitation and Ego driven which make our passed progress our future blockage.

we dont have to use Mind all the time. Mind is great for learning math. But when we are doing Chi Sau or driving. a full loading speculation mind center activity is pulling the reverse gear or cause us lost touch on the present.

4, as for

"The perfect Wing Chun exponent needs not to step back nor forward, but can simply 'change form' within the same location by means of pivoting and turning, in order to disperse the energy of an attacker. This is the Tao of Wing Chun. " -----

IMHO, that is not about the Tao of Wing Chun but the Jing of Wing Chun.
    Jing is not an abstract things. Jing is a part of Dao but it is not "the Dao".

Jing is about Technology, processes, and training. which is based or rooted in physical foundation. thus, linking it to a blurry idea is going to get one stuck instead of solving the issue of what is what. IMHHO.

http://www.wingchunkuen.com/modules....iewtopic&t=214

Thus, IMHHHO, we might not want to lump everything or generalized everything what we cannot explain into Dao.

5, "The only better way of fighting is to not fight at all. -------

IMHO, this above is a confusion type of thinking patten or speculation. instead of thinking "The only better way of fighting is to not fight at all. " which will cause confusion in one's own mind.

One might want to think Love is the mightiest, in order to help others sometimes figthing cannot be avoided. but one make sure the fight is not about protecting one's ego or layer 3.

The only thing better than Te is Tao. -----

When one think interm of better and comparision. That is again a layer 3 mental action. Using this way of thinking to guessing about Tao and Te are trouble.

Wing Chun can teach the perfect art of combat. One learns to exist within 'not needing to fight', or at least to minimise expression of energy, and within this harmony, one has use of the most immensely powerful fighting strength. "----

IMHHHO.

The notion of writting the above is good.

However, it is not very clear type of thinking.

See, IMHO
    There is the Technology of Wing Chun style. and There is the conduct of the practitioner of the Technology of Wing Chun style.

a, is there such thing as Perfect Technology.
    b, Technology and conduct of " not needing to fight" are different issues.

so, one needs to be clear about is it a technological handling issue or is it a conduct handling issue.

Technology is not a substitude or Great conduct. and Great conduct cannot substitude an excellent technology.

ofcause, to have both the best technology and excellent conduct is a great goal or attainment. since were are human and Love and helping others is migthiest (and that is Te or De.) compare to using the best technology to suppress or bullied others

Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-15-2006 at 11:57 AM.

I like the way the older guy in the clip sails back so dramatically into the stone wall or pillar, but almost busts out laughing each time. NOW THAT'S UFC WORTHY!

Certain WCK lineages have taoist concepts already in place..There really is nothing new perhaps a new coat of paint...
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Nice website.

Nothing revolutionary or revelatory on it though.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    Nice website.

Nothing revolutionary or revelatory on it though.

i think that you have to try it in order to say that "Nothing revolutionary or revelatory on it though" for sure.

I is not somethig like a mix between Wing chun and taiji....i can confirm you!!

It is also far from wing chun.

If someone saw something symilar please upload a video of it.

Ciao

HHHmmm

Sorry mate but from the website suggests it does seem totally standard and not unique. Are you trying to say that it's internalised Wing Chun?
    If so then that's been done before.
    Are you trying to sayit's Taoist Wing Chun because thats been done before.

What is it that makes it different from Wing Chun, what is it that these so called Tao concepts make it so unique and never done before?

Plus taking shards of the Tao (if one can really do that at all) and injecting them into an art doesn't really provide it with anythng better to be honest.
    Is it Tao or is it not Tao?
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey

what is it that these so called Tao concepts make it so unique and never done before?
    i'm trying to say that it is the only soft art in Europe (for sure ...i don't know in US).....you could call it internal if u prefer....anyway from a video clip you won't catch it....you should try it.

All the wing chun lineages are too hard (in Europe i've trained with the major lineages available)...not too far from Japan way of fighting, only changes the tecnique and some strategies...but the body is always hard.

Not all that far from WCK IMO.. Of course any real evaluation of training should involve participation.

But to me, well it looks like WCK with a twist of systema influence, or similar RMA; WCK defrosted if you will.. Personally I like the looseness. I've never thought WCK was intended to be so dam stiff and statue-like as I have seen some express it.
    Last edited by YungChun; 02-22-2006 at 10:45 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun
    systema influence, or similar RMA
    It is not the same

Quote Originally Posted by TansauNg
    i'm trying to say that it is the only soft art in Europe (for sure ...i don't know in US).....you could call it internal if u prefer....anyway from a video clip you won't catch it....you should try it.

All the wing chun lineages are too hard (in Europe i've trained with the major lineages available)...not too far from Japan way of fighting, only changes the tecnique and some strategies...but the body is always hard.
    Only soft art? Others too hard? Are you on a retro hippie trip? Stuck in the 60's? Flower power?

You can keep on doing your Chum Kiu like this:

http://www.tao-concepts.info/downloa....php3?id=clip3

And you'll be the perfect victim. Get some knuckle lovin' & stuff. But it's cool if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Fist
    Only soft art? Others too hard? Are you on a retro hippie trip? Stuck in the 60's? Flower power?

You can keep on doing your Chum Kiu like this:

http://www.tao-concepts.info/downloa....php3?id=clip3

And you'll be the perfect victim. Get some knuckle lovin' & stuff. But it's cool if that's what you want.
    Hey man, leave the good man alone.. he is helping people to recover parkinson disease using chum kiu.