View Poll Results: What do you think of Shaolin Temple hosting a martial arts superstar competition?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This is the best thing to ever happen to Shaolin!

1 4.76%
  • NO! This is the worst thing to ever happen to Shaolin.

6 28.57%
  • Where do I sign up to enter?

3 14.29%
  • I don't really care.

11 52.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News article brought to my attention

At least farmhouses are in nature...

Ever try the public squatters in Beijing? I had to change in one of those once before taking a lesson from some master in some Bejing alley. It took all my Shaolin skill to balance my bag of gear, hold my nose, stand on my shoes and change. People who talk about Shaolin applications, they just don't know...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

A Shaolin memory for you.

You get used to anything after a while. Even when it's 5:30am and dark and you're trying very hard NOT to touch the floor... All part of the game.

http://ready-to-pour.custard.org/pictures/toilets.jpg

I've seen worse than that. I just didn't have the heart to take a picture.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I saw the old Tagou toilet

Picture a huge walled off pit with these two cement gang planks that bridged from one side to the other. It was huge, longer than your average house. Wow, that was nasty. I also remember the building that was half built next to the Wushuguan - it was just bricks, no roof, no fixtures whatsoever, except for a functioning sqautter, which was really just a pit.

Never touch anything in those. Never. And you thought walking on rice paper was tough, just you try not slipping inthe dark.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Picture a huge walled off pit with these two cement gang planks that bridged from one side to the other. It was huge, longer than your average house. Wow, that was nasty.
    Every single bus station in Shanxi... And the train station in Luoyang.

I also remember the building that was half built next to the Wushuguan - it was just bricks, no roof, no fixtures whatsoever, except for a functioning sqautter, which was really just a pit.
    Now THAT is a farm squatter... But the pit in a hardcore farm squatter is very very shallow... Like mabey 15 centemeters from the top of the sewage.

Never touch anything in those. Never. And you thought walking on rice paper was tough, just you try not slipping inthe dark.
    True dat.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.