Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WCL Fight Video

Blog Entries

WCL Fight Video

Dont' know if this was already posted.

http://www.worldcombatleague.com/media/wmv/Debut.wmv

I like the girls fight. She gets hit in the chest and goes down. Totally stole her breath.

The video has got a few FPS speed up.

Meh. It's OK but I'm a bit of a wrestler... At least allowing clinching and throwing would be nice.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Looks like the old PKA/PKC/ISKA full-contact kickboxing events.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

I agree with Simon. It is not combat if you can only kick and punch.
    BTW where was th body knockout with the chick you were talking about? She hit her in hte chin.
    Basically kickboxing. Nice stuff though. Anyone have more info on this?
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    WCL was being promoted a while back but it just looked like major hype to me.

decent kickboxing and that girl did catch it on the chin but at a downward angle.

good athletes.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Anytime people throw full force shots that is combat. Are you kidding? More so then wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal1
    Anytime people throw full force shots that is combat. Are you kidding? More so then wrestling.

I have to agree. I would always rather see this than grappling. That stuff just bores me to death.

I just can't appreciate someone putting their head down and swinging like a madman hoping that maybe one hit will land. These people are definately athletes but they look very sloppy in what they are doing.

I prefer the MMA where the excitement of possibly takedowns, clinch, etc, makes watching much more interesting. This is just another kickboxing venue...no elbows, no knees? I would like to see Chuck Norris in there though...
    A unique snowflake

I love mma too! But I will always prefer watching two people straight up duke it out. I love watching kickboxing or sanda anyday. I have respect for anykind of sport fighting contest.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Fan
    I have to agree. I would always rather see this than grappling. That stuff just bores me to death.
    done any grappling? I mean, structured grappling training...

It's far from boring if you know what to look for...and it helps if you know what it feels like to be there.

sometimes I feel like striking is to grappling as checkers is to chess.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

perhaps teh doing may not be boring, but grappling is hella boring to watch.

that's actually some real quality kickboxing shown there. Good form, good techniques, good power and good intention.

I would rather watch that calibre of kickboxing over ufc to be honest.

and yeah, it's because of the sheer boredom of watching two guys clutch for 5 minutes at a time. Sure it takes strength and yes you should train in that range but watching it is likel watching paint dry.

the kickboxing however is on the edge of your seat stuff!

DJ approves!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm with you guys on watching the stand-up fighting. Not that I don't appreciate and good grappling match. Problem is you don't see many (unless you're a die-hard grappling fan).

I've seen a few that were non-stop submission attempts and counters. Unfortunately most are of the 5 min clinch waiting variety.

Then again I've seen stand-up fights that spend the whole first round dancing around and feeling out without any punches landing.

Overall though stand-up seems to be a little more action oriented because the clinch gets broken up and they get back to fighting.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

IM NOT REALLY A FAN OF IT

i prefer PRIDE TO THIS, IT DOES LOOK MORE LIKE KICKBOXING/SANDA TO ME,

but yeah i agree, when it comes to people leaving there guard to low, or throwing punches looking like there swimming with there head down like a madman

is quite silly

I've been grappling for about a decade now, all told, and I can't think of anything more boring to watch. Except maybe bowling.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli