Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bung bo vid

We just worked the ling for Beng Bo last night. I still need practice--go figure.

Shrik, I saw only one thing missing from your video. You did not have your shirt off and I saw no indicia of a studded belt.

As an aside, good to hear about MiniMantis. I wish our kwoon had more zealous youngsters. Some day soon.
    Not a shi-fu, just a pifu.

[QUOTE=El Shrik, I saw only one thing missing from your video. You did not have your shirt off and I saw no indicia of a studded belt.

.[/QUOTE]

well that was filmed the night before the gathering so that was last year.. The current champion had the title then, so there was no need for me to even try to step to him/her.

So I guess BBK or changy isn't going to respond huh? oh well
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

hey shirkers ,
    i like the picture ! lol any ways i was reading the first pg and a guy said you were missing somethig ! ''I dont think so!!!'' it was good !

-minimantis
    "Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick. -bruce lee♥ "

I didn't see anything missing per se. Of course ours is a little different from yours, but it looked like you have spent some time on it. One thing though is your hostility here and on the site of your video would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth. Why so confronting? You should let your kung fu speak for itself, there is no need to express so much hostility and arrogance. At first it just seems unpleasent, but after a while of it, it begins to turn to bravado.

Your never going to impress everyone, so its a better usage of time to train rather than bolster your own ego. Let them say what they will, its much more becoming and speaks much louder to simply let your kung fu speak for itself. I would suggest that if your really into meeting at peoples houses and fighting, you enter some full contact competitions, might be a better use of your energy, and might just bolster your reputation more, at least with legit practitioners.

Just my own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by tonglongtodei
    I didn't see anything missing per se. Of course ours is a little different from yours, but it looked like you have spent some time on it. One thing though is your hostility here and on the site of your video would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth. Why so confronting? You should let your kung fu speak for itself, there is no need to express so much hostility and arrogance. At first it just seems unpleasent, but after a while of it, it begins to turn to bravado.

Your never going to impress everyone, so its a better usage of time to train rather than bolster your own ego. Let them say what they will, its much more becoming and speaks much louder to simply let your kung fu speak for itself. I would suggest that if your really into meeting at peoples houses and fighting, you enter some full contact competitions, might be a better use of your energy, and might just bolster your reputation more, at least with legit practitioners.

Just my own opinions.

Thanks for the input, I've said this before. I usually write on this forum when I'm at work on the computer when I'm not able to train any way, like now. So it's easy to pass time when you're stuck at a desk by "answering" trolls. Might I say that clearly the person who posted on that vid was trolling. I think we all see that, when I called the person out on it to simply give me an example of what is missing they couldn't respond. Proving that they were trolling and trying to goad me. This isn't the first time I've been "harrassed" by trollers by PM and other methods and I usually let it slide but this one bugged me because the person was saying something then not backing it up at all. So I have no respect for his weak attempt at trying to troll me.

Any one that knows me knows I'm a quiet guy in public and keep to myself. You wouldn't have a reason to talk to me in a foul way because I'm laid back and smart enough to defuse the situation before it gets to ugly, now some people see this as a weakness and try to take advantage of this. They soon learn that I'm not as laid back as they thought or wished. On here you have nothing but your voice to speak for yourself so you talk with an iron tongue so to speak. I could care less really what these trolls think about me, I don't have to deal with them personally face to face. If so they wouldn't troll and I wouldn't have to talk the way I do online.

As for entering comps, I tried to seriously get back into fighting shape last year and my back just won't allow it. Can't put in the road work any more and that over the edge training just doesn't suit my back well any more. I can keep up conditioning and stuff like that but if I push it I pay for it big time. So I do my thing the best I can. Competing isn't in the cards right now, I do my two man stuff and basics to stay sharp and ready in case I have to throw down and that's good enough for me. Sorry to ramble.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

No its cool, I completely understand. I just wanted to add a few suggestions. As far as your bung bo goes, its looked good, I could tell you were fatigued, but you have deffinitely been spending time on it. Good job and cudos to you for even posting it for people to see.

May I ask your lineage? Its interesting to see the different ways that one form is done.

No its cool, I completely understand. I just wanted to add a few suggestions. As far as your bung bo goes, its looked good, I could tell you were fatigued, but you have deffinitely been spending time on it. Good job and cudos to you for even posting it for people to see.

May I ask your lineage? Its interesting to see the different ways that one form is done.

WHF lineage.. hong kong mantis.

shirkers

hey is this shirkers or tear jerkers?
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldphoenix
    hey is this shirkers or tear jerkers?

"wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhh, I'm just a poor baby ***** baller" "waaaaahhhhh"

I'm the biggest baby in the world you know that, but not every one knows that. So I have to play the violine now and then to make sure every one is on the same page. By the way kelley, I found that pic you were talking about. You know the one from our last get together where I was giving you the anual spanking... I must say that your chi is strong and the way you dispursed the impact through out the area was impressive.

"warning: pic has partial plumbers crack and a violent display of action reaction at work".

Quote Originally Posted by shirkers1
    WHF lineage.. hong kong mantis.
    Yeah, I got that from the thread and vid, I meant more specifically your teacher and such.

Yeah, I got that from the thread and vid, I meant more specifically your teacher and such.
    You could ask him yourself if you like, just email him. I know he looks in on here often but never chimes in.

Mike is kind of a "******* child" so to speak, he picked up stuff and trained with a few different WHF students so we just say WHF lineage. He puts his own play on it I guess, it's not lai, cheng, wing, etc. But it's WHF for sure. He has a good choy background and his mantis is strong as well. That's all that really matters to me, I'm not one of these purist types. If your stuff is good and makes sense then I'm down with it.

Shirkers

By the way my tail bone is still sore from that one
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

well k i hope you get better and shirkers i dont think you were missing any thing and i know you probly spend time working on everything

-mini
    Last edited by mini mantis; 08-19-2006 at 02:32 PM.
    "Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick. -bruce lee♥ "

I don't want to get any more angry rantings started here, but I think that CHANGFY has a point.

I didn't notice anything missing, but I see that you have added many movements not included in WHF Bung Bo. First of all, I noticed that in the 2nd road you added in a Jue Bi movement. And throughout, but especially at the beginning of the third road, there was a lot of Mo Diao. Way too much Mo Diao in my opinion. Throughout both your form and all your posts I observed too much Gang Chui Tan. You would be better served to practice less Da Gāo Kōng.

However, I am sure that you if continue to practice practice practice your work, then you will eventually begin to progress beyond the Xiao Qì level of development.

Yao Xia Qiao

lol

interesting... so individual style and interpretation of the sets are something that is unique to our families sets? right..... By the way I have no clue what the hell you were talking about blah blah this and too much of that. Being the novice that I am I learned using english terms so unless it's basic terms I have no clue what you're talking about.

on a side note I wish I had time to make up 8 different names on this board so I could go around and tell people what I really think about them under a hidden name so I would never face any real "threat" of being thumped by the people I poke with my insult stick. Oh wait I do actually state my opinion with my "REAL" name, nice try though. Everyone knows who I am and what I look like so to some that actually means something.