Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bung bo vid

bung bo vid

http://www.youtube.com/?v=vA2M8b2B-ls

Okay so I've had this vid I put up a while back, and yes I know it was crap. Like the description says.. fatigue was an issue etc. But oh well, check out the comments and what this chang cat said. What moves are missing that you can see from this form?

Kind of funny, my fans are starting to come back out of the woodwork. It's too bad he hasn't responded to my last comment though. Guess I was right about him... coward.

changhfy I know you're out there.. Why not chime in?

by the way I don't know why but some of the words on the comments are cut off, so I don't know why that's happening so some of the comments might not make sense if you read my responses to what he says.
    Last edited by shirkers1; 02-22-2006 at 09:55 AM.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Cool

Get him!!

Mark, When he puts up his video, I am sure we will all be enlighted.

I have seen alot of versions of Bung Bo. Even in the same " lineages "
    He appears to be one of those guys that his way is the only way. I am with you. I want to see his. If he cant perform it, atleast show us someone in his group doing it.

He talks the talk BUT does he walk the walk?
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

thanks for the vid. It's interesting to see the differences in pace and applied power.

I posted my school's version of Bung Bo a while back. Looking at it now I'm kind of embarassed. I put the form on video just for reference. So I did the moves at a slow pace. Your form has more of a true mantis flavor.

Here's the link to mine: http://www.mccarriedesign.com/bungbo.mov

Feel free to rip me a new one. Everyone else already has.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    thanks for the vid. It's interesting to see the differences in pace and applied power.

I posted my school's version of Bung Bo a while back. Looking at it now I'm kind of embarassed. I put the form on video just for reference. So I did the moves at a slow pace. Your form has more of a true mantis flavor.

Here's the link to mine: http://www.mccarriedesign.com/bungbo.mov

Feel free to rip me a new one. Everyone else already has.
    I probably already checked your vid out CF but It's not opening up for me here at work, so I'll have to wait till I get home to comment on it. Either way who cares really what you look like, especially if it's for referance to improve yourself. As long as you're getting something out of it.

Those vids I put up I ran through the forms, it was after midnight and we had literally been training all day so I was way fatigued. Poor performance on my part and I know it, but what gets me is the guy is saying moves are missing???

still no word yet.. guess yellow must be his favorite color... "changhfyyyyyy hellooooo where areeeee youuuuu"?
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

No need for anyone to be embarassed (look at the USA mens hockey team for embarassment ). The fact that you (or anyone) posts vids is pretty ballsy if you ask me. Nice stuff.
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies
    No need for anyone to be embarassed (look at the USA mens hockey team for embarassment ). The fact that you (or anyone) posts vids is pretty ballsy if you ask me. Nice stuff.
    Cheers
    Jake

Oh you had to bring the us hockey team into it now didn't you....>!!!!!!

just kidding... I'm not going there, I get to angry when I watch that garbage.

Thanks jake.. just saw the updated vids you guys put up on hu lins site. Good stuff..

Arent you the guy who said you didnt like Brendon Lai's flavour. Interesting clips and interesting excuses. Some simple advice to a young practitioner like yourself....spend less time on your film making endevours and more time on your training.

Number 1-Who are you?
    Number 2- To whom are you speaking?
    Number 3- What excuses?

Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Number 1-Who are you?
    Number 2- To whom are you speaking?
    Number 3- What excuses?

Jake
    Jake an educated guess from this "young" practitioner would be he was talking to me. Almost all of those videos my friend were filmed to give an example for some question on this board or the quarterly board. So my "participation" in the community is what those vids are about. If you would like to add to the discussion then please tell me what "is" or "isn't" missing from that video tactic wise like the original question stated. NOT performance wise.

thanks.

are you changhfy by the way?
    Last edited by shirkers1; 02-23-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bungbukuen
    Arent you the guy who said you didnt like Brendon Lai's flavour.
    Yes I was one person who said that about lai's flavor. Also saying that I'd only seen one video of him when he was younger and I liked that more than the vids of him when he was older.. Also that I said nothing about his "skill" or "prowess" as a fighter. Just his flavor, the way he looked when he performed. My teachers flavor and lai's flavor are two different entities. I prefer my teachers flavor to his. It suits my body and mindset more, I don't see a problem with personal taste. What does that have to do with moves "supposedly" missing from my set?

Interesting clips and interesting excuses.
    Thanks..

Spend less time on your film making endevours and more time on your training.
    Like I said those vids were for referance to questions on the message boards. Don't worry about my training and what I do. Seems to me like you spend way to much time judging others instead of working on your own skills chief....
    Last edited by shirkers1; 02-23-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Number 1-Who are you?
    !

Bungbukuen,

Uh... do I know you???

N.

What...... now he can't offer anything?

Proposal to moderator: Can't you require folks to use their name on posts? Seems to be a trend (perhaps a coinsidence) with trolls that they refuse to use their names.
    Just a thought.

Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

bio

Something that irritates me are the ones that leave off their bios about themselves. Seems to be a lot of secrecy out there. Hush hush, cant let anyone know who I am!

Thanks for putting up the vids Mark.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan
    Something that irritates me are the ones that leave off their bios about themselves. Seems to be a lot of secrecy out there. Hush hush, cant let anyone know who I am!

Thanks for putting up the vids Mark.
    No problem yushan.. that bugs me too.

The thing is I know that there are people out there that don't like me for one reason or another and I really don't care what they think about me. 95% of them have never met me in person, and if they did their perceptions would be different. Either way, trolling is one of the reasons I went away for a while. Didn't have the time to respond to all of these retards coming out of the woodwork giving their glorious insight to what others should or shouldn't be doing....

To be honest, I don't know if I want to know the names of some of these guys. Because then I'd just be forced to make sure I ended up being in the same place as them at one point in time. Then all the back peddling starts, and that's just as sickening as the trolling itself. If you have the bowling balls to talk online then you better back them up when someone calls you on it face to face. I know that person is reading this too, it's okay big guy your mom still loves you.

I've only backed down once from one of these online related challenges and that was because it had to do with the guy pretending to come to my house to "work out" when I knew he just wanted a confrontation. Being that I work out at my house I declined his offer to let him come to my home with how ever many friends he wanted to bring and "work out", with the possibility that he might damage my property or whatever. But I made the same offer to him over the phone a month later when I was in california to come to his house and "work out" but he wasn't down for that either so we both *****ed out on our own turffs so to speak. I think we were both smart to do so.

Yeah, well,......

It does s#ck that we do not know who everyone is, but thats life in this fast lane. Trust me; I don't like it anymore than you all do.

Getting back to the topic at hand, thanks again for sharing the vid!

Best wishes to all,
    ~BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!