Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bung bo vid

once more!

I'd also like to add that if you would just simply put up the vid of yourself performing the set then I'd have a comparrrrrison of what it should look like. I understand that you might be afraid to actually let others know who you are, and that's understandable. I mean it takes real courage to put up instead of shutting up.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Shirkers

You are right, it does take guts to post a vid. You know that no matter how good it will be critisized.

You may have your own personal flair in there but what are the chances of you gettting attacked in the exact same sequence from the exact same angle as the form? Since this probably will not happen your own personal take on the form may be a good thing

Im like you. I dont know all of the fancy Chinese names for every technique. My American aint no good neither. I have to say a backfist to the face will work the same if you cant read or speak Chinese. But if you can it is impressive.

Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by mantid1
    Shirkers

You are right, it does take guts to post a vid. You know that no matter how good it will be critisized.

You may have your own personal flair in there but what are the chances of you gettting attacked in the exact same sequence from the exact same angle as the form? Since this probably will not happen your own personal take on the form may be a good thing

Im like you. I dont know all of the fancy Chinese names for every technique. My American aint no good neither. I have to say a backfist to the face will work the same if you cant read or speak Chinese. But if you can it is impressive.

Have a nice day
    lol, thanks.

bung choi = backfist are you impressed.. just kidding, yeah I hear ya. I think we all know this cat is blowing smoke out of his ass and he'll never actually make himself known face to face so I guess we just have to take it for what it's worth.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

I speak Chinese

But mr yāo xià qiáo's Chinese is unintelligble to me.
    Unless he can put up the characters I am going to goout on a limb and say that he strung together phonetic equivalents of Chinese words of unknown meaning and put them in his post.
    I won't speculate upon his reasons.

?

Well I know my stuff isn't on par with the greats, maybe I should wear sunglasses like this cat? Then my performance will be more acceptable to the mantis community at large.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...praying+mantis

A beng chui is not really a backfist, it's more of a downward press. Cuo chui looks similar but is an actual strike. I just thought I should chime in with that distinction.

That guy's full of it. He's just making those words up. I'd say your form looks good, Shirkers...it just needs a little more hu flung dung in the second line.
    Last edited by onyomi; 05-22-2006 at 06:26 AM.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

ChangHFY Guest

Shirkers

Shirkers, whats going on? Hows training? It seems I made a huge impact on you!!
    However I didnt think you would still be talking about it. As i said in my email, which you never mentioned.
    I approached the form as a critic (as i would expect you to do towards mine, in fact i welcome criticism unlike yourself) so, once again I apologize for the way I talked about your form. I should have displayed proper Mo deuk, which i did not.
    However my opinion still stands, which in the end is only my opinion. (which should be as all opinions taken with a grain of salt) The only reason i made the comment, was to give you a different insight. Which obviously you have not taken.
    So forget I ever mentioned anything. But I do welcome your opinion anytime.
    good luck with training. Except my apology or not, it really doesnt matter. Ive gone on to train, and hope your training's going great. anyways take care.

xie xie,
    zai jian
    Last edited by ChangHFY; 05-26-2006 at 08:34 PM.

ChangHFY Guest
    Shirkers,

Hows everything?
    This will be my last post to this topic. One of the people had posted on this thread. and stated that I was looking at my expression of Beng Bu as being the only one correct. Anyways I cant agree with that person more. I was looking at things as only being one dimensional. Instead of all dimensions, i was only seeing what I wanted to see. Since I had this thought, if I would have kept it my training would have suffered. But I do agree that there are various expressions of many different forms. And theres nothing wrong with that . But at the time, I thought there could only be one expression. So thanks for stating what you did. It helps to think of things in various dimensions as opposed to im right and your wrong type of thinking. But anyways, to Mark. You stated I have alot of time to change s/n etc.... and post about yourself. No disrespect, but dont flatter yourself. I have only one s/n. And if I cant state what I wish with this one. Then whats the point in having however many other s/n's that you stated. As far as im aware theres only one s/n. So I would appreciate you to take what you said back, just as I have done with your Beng Bu form. Anyways I hope the views of a novice, didnt hold your training up. Anyways best wishes.

take care,
    zai jian

hell its all good, i give you tons of credit shirkers!

I have a video of myself performing bung bo, but im too much of a ***** to post it up.....

but then I have only been training for 1.5 years so there ya go.....

maybe one day

craig

MiniMantis,
    Hi little sis!
    Before reading Mark's posts you have to remind yourself that the guy is a bit ornery.
    BTW, he is also our senior under Biggie Laoshi. So, be cool or he might make us do weird exercises and look at his perverted internet photos the next time he comes back to Akron.
    Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis
    MiniMantis,
    Hi little sis!
    Before reading Mark's posts you have to remind yourself that the guy is a bit ornery.
    BTW, he is also our senior under Biggie Laoshi. So, be cool or he might make us do weird exercises and look at his perverted internet photos the next time he comes back to Akron.
    Peace!
    Sorry folks I've been fighting off a rabid strain of what some might call the bird flu or black plague. But my wits are slowly returning. LoL it's all in the name of art.

Yeah I'm an ornery ol cuss, I just don't take kindly to trolls who hide behind names on the internet, then try to play it off like we don't know who they are. I find it amusing that as soon as a "certain school" in china gets named in another thread and I purposely say "tell pel I said hello and that I miss him" that changfy, redfish, and the others come out of the woodwork again. Looks like my little smoke out drill worked.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangHFY
    Shirkers, whats going on? Hows training? It seems I made a huge impact on you!!
    However I didnt think you would still be talking about it. As i said in my email, which you never mentioned.
    I approached the form as a critic (as i would expect you to do towards mine, in fact i welcome criticism unlike yourself) so, once again I apologize for the way I talked about your form. I should have displayed proper Mo deuk, which i did not.
    However my opinion still stands, which in the end is only my opinion. (which should be as all opinions taken with a grain of salt) The only reason i made the comment, was to give you a different insight. Which obviously you have not taken.
    So forget I ever mentioned anything. But I do welcome your opinion anytime.
    good luck with training. Except my apology or not, it really doesnt matter. Ive gone on to train, and hope your training's going great. anyways take care.

xie xie,
    zai jian
    I would love to give you my opinion on "your" form. Just do the right thing and put one up of yourself so I can kindly give you my opinion. Like I said I would love to be shown the right way, if only you could show me the light my good friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangHFY
    Shirkers,

Hows everything?
    This will be my last post to this topic. One of the people had posted on this thread. and stated that I was looking at my expression of Beng Bu as being the only one correct. Anyways I cant agree with that person more. I was looking at things as only being one dimensional. Instead of all dimensions, i was only seeing what I wanted to see. Since I had this thought, if I would have kept it my training would have suffered. But I do agree that there are various expressions of many different forms. And theres nothing wrong with that . But at the time, I thought there could only be one expression. So thanks for stating what you did. It helps to think of things in various dimensions as opposed to im right and your wrong type of thinking. But anyways, to Mark. You stated I have alot of time to change s/n etc.... and post about yourself. No disrespect, but dont flatter yourself. I have only one s/n. And if I cant state what I wish with this one. Then whats the point in having however many other s/n's that you stated. As far as im aware theres only one s/n. So I would appreciate you to take what you said back, just as I have done with your Beng Bu form. Anyways I hope the views of a novice, didnt hold your training up. Anyways best wishes.

take care,
    zai jian
    I take nothing back for I am ornery. troll on trolly trollerton.

Quote Originally Posted by mini mantis
    yes i see you have youre own opions and i do to but i can understand the difference and i get ours might be different. and i am not arrogant i was just saying that i dont think there was anything missing.-mini mantis
    Mini mantis, I am sorry I wasn't speaking to you per se, sorry if I offended. I didn't mean to imply that "different" = "wrong". I didn't see anything missing either, I'm not sure I understand your reply completely. Oh well.

train hard

Quote Originally Posted by shirkers1 View Post
    I find it amusing that as soon as a "certain school" in china gets named in another thread and I purposely say "tell pel I said hello and that I miss him" that changfy, redfish, and the others come out of the woodwork again. Looks like my little smoke out drill worked.
    I saw this thread cos mini-mantis brought it to the top again and read back a bit to the above quote.

I must say that I've no idea who ChangHFY is. ChangHFY, do we know each other? Hope I'm not being rude. I'm Andy.