Thread: who pushes in NYC?

who pushes in NYC?

I know there are at least 10 Internal Martail art school here there got to be someone who wants to practice push hands. I work at a gym in Battery Park there is a nice sized room avalible sometime durring the week. If anyone is interested let me know. If we could get a group of freindly people together we can make it a weekly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c
    I know there are at least 10 Internal Martail art school here there got to be someone who wants to practice push hands. I work at a gym in Battery Park there is a nice sized room avalible sometime durring the week. If anyone is interested let me know. If we could get a group of freindly people together we can make it a weekly thing.
    go to bowery park on the weekend in the moring there is alot of old masters pushing there . went for alot for years is was great you just need to get friendly with some of them
    Last edited by lag2ma; 03-21-2006 at 12:30 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yep. ya gotta be "brought into the fold"
    basically, it's like this. There are alot of very skilled teachers, and some of them are looking for a few students. BUT they will not teach anyone who walks up. You need to go a few times, let them see you, get used to your face,see you come several times (like waiting outside the door) to see your sincerity, and someone will invite you over. Push hands in the park has its own rules. It is always done for mutual growth, always done with respect, never with ego, never with cheap shots, or you will be outed. There are many masters there in various styles-Hsing-yi, tai chi, lo-hon,I-liq Chuan,Lung Ying,mantis, bak-mei,and this very strange Taoist cat-style (this guy's amazing-but "eccentric") all pretty amazing people.
    Most of them don't speak much English, but a smile, a nod, a grunt, and a few laughs, and the friendly touching of hands in a warm atmosphere is real communication. There are all these "Masters" who write books, articles, have big schools, head up organizations, etc And in the parks, basements, backrooms in Chinatown, there are men of phenomenal skill, that nobody's ever heard of, who don't ask for fame. The lessons to be learned in the park, are much more than just push hands.

Quote Originally Posted by lag2ma
    go to bowery park on the weekend in the moring there is alot of old masters pushing there . went for alot for years is was great you just need to get friendly with some of them

Do you mean columbus park? is there one on bowery? sat. or sun?

Ten Tigers

"Most of them don't speak much English, but a smile, a nod, a grunt, and a few laughs, and the friendly touching of hands in a warm atmosphere is real communication. There are all these "Masters" who write books, articles, have big schools, head up organizations, etc And in the parks, basements, backrooms in Chinatown, there are men of phenomenal skill, that nobody's ever heard of, who don't ask for fame. The lessons to be learned in the park, are much more than just push hands."

Nicely said.
    ________
    Chrysler cirrus history
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    this park is on the other side of the bridge, , past the big Buddhist Temple that used to be the Rosemary Theatre and where the Fu Jow Pai used to be(if you are an old timer). Sorry, I forget which street. Sunday mornings at 9-to about 11am then after yum-cha, some go to other parks. If you see me there, say hello. I'm easy to spot, I'm a gwailo!

yes nicely said

many people in parks all over are quite skilled, practicing in the mornings gone before noon, just like the mist before the afternoon sun.
    enjoy life

its bowery park thats were they are

its bowery park thats were they are