Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is James Lacey 18 Daoist Palms Reputable ?

I wouldn't call it inconsequential. Not necessarily d@mning. In light of what his product suggests about his character, being a two strike felon surely isn't a mark in his favor.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Greetings,

If there is anything sad about this matter it is the students. They look like they are really sincere and they look like they are really trying to do something with the materials that they are given. Eleven years is a major chunk of time (I am not going to mention the money) to invest to end up playing forms like that.

mickey

HOLY.....FREAKIN.......CRAP!!! That is all I have to say other than this man should be put in prison for rippin people off.... Oh ya, don't forget to adjust the brightness controls on your media player for the best viewing experience! lol!

I think, the biggest reason why people buy that stuff is "easy road to mastery of kung fu" , because there is some good instructional dvd's out there and buying them and saying," well, that looks hard, I cant do that" and then buying his crap and saying " I found my style" is what seems to be the case.

All I can say is hahahaha...............!!!!

Here is some more funny stuff flaoting around on white eyebrow-

http://www.dryqwong.com/kungfu/videos.shtml

lacey stole from shergold?

lol.

shergold is the guy who sued simon olaf from teh infamous temple kungfu.

so, shergold learned from a known and court documented fraud only to have the fraudulent material stolen by lacey?

that's hilarious.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I think Mickey's point is important. These guys are definately sincere, and if you have ever seen Lacy do his forms, they do follow in the footsteps of the master.
    However, I wonder what other people who learned strictly from videos, such as from WLE look like doing their forms as well.
    Gene, do you have any experience with this? Have you seen alot of people that have learned from videos? What were they like?

Quote Originally Posted by mung foo
    All I can say is hahahaha...............!!!!

Here is some more funny stuff flaoting around on white eyebrow-

http://www.dryqwong.com/kungfu/videos.shtml
    omfg! that is some of the most bogus pratfalls I've ever seen...wait a minute...nope, all teh lin kong jing pratfalls I've seen are highly bogus.

notice how the first guy always looks where he will fall and uses the same falling technique each time.

In the last one, watch the portly girl actually look around for a clear place to fall down to. lol

ridiculous.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I understand that is the Bak Mei school that some of the members in my jook lum pai drove up to for a challenge some years ago.

No more need be said about either of the topics in this thread--Both theat Bak Mei school (not Bak Mei in general) and the Lacy garbage are designed with one thing in mind: To scam people out of hard-earned money.

Case closed.

lacey stole from shergold?

lol.

shergold is the guy who sued simon olaf from teh infamous temple kungfu.

so, shergold learned from a known and court documented fraud only to have the fraudulent material stolen by lacey?

that's hilarious.
    lol, well stuff like this actually happens quite often... I think my first martial arts teacher actually stole some superficial material from Lacy (and Doo Wai), took some more from a Karate org. out west that sells belt ranks, took a lot of stuff from a kungfuified TKD system, and topped it off by passing around footage of the Shaolin "monks" as personal home video from when he trained at Shaolin

omfg! that is some of the most bogus pratfalls I've ever seen...wait a minute...nope, all teh lin kong jing pratfalls I've seen are highly bogus.

notice how the first guy always looks where he will fall and uses the same falling technique each time.

In the last one, watch the portly girl actually look around for a clear place to fall down to. lol

ridiculous.
    What really makes me wonder is, what is goin through these peoples mind when they could walk up to thousands of people in a stadium and perpetuate this fraud.

I mean do they think people believe that sh!t? Are they so diluted that they think they are actually being thrown by this guy?.....?

Chris, quit foolin'. I know for a fact you have all of Lacey's long-distance instructional tapes. And you are a bonafide member or his inner 'pai' fan club. Do you still have his posters on your wall? And have you sold that piece of coconut that Lacey actually broke at a demo and signed for you?

Keep it real!

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    actually, I think they do - here's why:
    many people are into martial arts looking for something "bigger" then themselves - something mystical, something extraordinary; when they see a demo such as that, they think "wow, that must be it", because that is what they are loooking for - something to take them out of the mundanity of their lives, the chance to be attached to something special - so, they join the school, and start getting indoctrinated - since they already are convinced, that's pretty easy - after that, it's pretty much what is called entrainment - like when people's biorhythms synchronize due to prolonged proximity with each other - you go with the flow, so to speak - that's why it feels "real" - you are responding on a non-conscious, autonomic level - pretty Pavlovian...what's more, it's like a drug - every time you get thrown, your system probably has some activation of parasympathetics, which always feels good, so you want to keep experiencing it, so you just keep going along with it all the while convinced it's not something that you are going along with...pretty straight forward, IMHO...
    Wow, that's a pretty elaborate explanation with a lot of assumptions built in.
    Here's a simpler one: There's a sucker born every minute.
    And remember, all things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the best one .
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Aahh! The truth has been revealed! The Secrets of my 'close-door' training is out! I am discraced. Now..to committ a Japanese ritual.....

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    elaborate? I'm surprised to hear that - I'd say it was pretty basic; as for built-in assumptions, well, after you meet enough people who do buy this sort of thing, after having some experience with human nature in general, having a little exposure to various schools of behavior/psychology, it becomes less assumptive and more descriptive...
    Whoah, dude, what's with all the hostility.

First off, you don't know anything about me. I've been studying human psychology for about 10 years now and physiology for about 2 years.

I am the furthest thing from anti-educational. I've worked pretty extensively in research and value the scientific method extremely highly.

The wink was intended non-offensively, btw, and the paraphrase of Occam's Razor was also intended tongue in cheek (hence the wink).

Secondly, your argument came off as a mish-mash of stuff regarding behaviorism and physiology that inferred a lot about people, that they all met a bunch of criteria, so if you want to talk content, see next reply
    Last edited by dwid; 03-11-2006 at 01:42 PM.