Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Takedown V Attributes

OK, Victor: let me ask you this simple question. How would you demonstrate the use of tan-dar against someone that's 20lbs hevier than yourself, and he can use full and continuos force, whilst wearing a birdcage and boxing gloves?

Knifefighter sez: What is is that regularly puts you in these types of situations?

Answer: DANGER

Ghost: you wasting your time in training. Carry on watching WWW, WFC, K100,

Quote Originally Posted by chisauking
    Ghost: you wasting your time in training. Carry on watching WWW, WFC, K100,
    Thank you for advice . . . I will carry on none the less . . . lol . . . and consider watching NHBs as part of education . . . but it is fine you feel differently . . . diversity of opinion is great thing . . . in the end what matters is if your training serves your needs . . . we do not all have same needs or goals . . . so it is not surprising that our training and opinions vary.

Thanks,

Ghost

That's exactly what I mean, Ghost. Your opinions is based on watching TV shows, my facts are based on actual fighting.

My own experiences says those TV shows don't reflect what happends in a real fight, some other's experiences, based on those shows, says it does. That's why I have been saying all along experiences are not the same.

The thread was about attributes and takedowns, but in the persective of wing chun fighting, it just isn't realistic. But I guess it is hard to convince people when millions believe in WWF WTF wrestling.

Each to their own.

That's exactly what I mean, Ghost. Your opinions is based on watching TV shows, my facts are based on actual fighting.

My own experiences says those TV shows don't reflect what happends in a real fight, some other's experiences, based on those shows, says it does. That's why I have been saying all along experiences are not the same.

The thread was about attributes and takedowns, but in the persective of wing chun fighting, it just isn't realistic. But I guess it is hard to convince people when millions believe in WWF WTF wrestling.

Each to their own.
    Please tell us about all your actual fights and fighting experience . . . I am sure everyone is interested in this views of some one with this extensive back ground . . . is there any documentation of your fights . . . any video for example . . . have you fought anyone that was well trained? Or is this case of trust you?

Thanks,

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofwingchun
    is there any documentation of your fights . . . any video for example . . .Or is this case of trust you?Ghost

Dear God people, give up the video thing. Clearly if you have been in a REAL fight, you surely didn't get it on tape. Things happen too randomly. Unless maybe you were one of the Real World cast. Now if you're sparring will others for pure practice/experience, then you can record/make clips. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by puma
    YES YES YES!!!!
    Now thats what i like....a Gracie getting his a$$ handed
    to 'em
    Like i said before that bjj or mma sh.. ain't the end of the world
    ha ha ha ha haaaa!
    Ummm...hate to break it to you but Sakuraba is an MMA...oh nevermind.

Regards,

John M. Drake

OK, Victor: let me ask you this simple question. How would you demonstrate the use of tan-dar against someone that's 20lbs hevier than yourself, and he can use full and continuos force, whilst wearing a birdcage and boxing gloves?
    Ummm...maybe you use mma gloves instead of boxing gloves and maybe you work against someone your own weight instead of 20 lbs heavier? (Unless you think WC only works against heavier opponents). And if that doesn't work you can skip the face cage and just use a mouthpiece.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake
    Ummm...hate to break it to you but Sakuraba is an MMA...oh nevermind.

Regards,

John M. Drake
    Thanks...I didn't know that...my first time hearing about or seeing the guy was yesterday.
    With the help of all of you guys i'm slowly but surely learning about mma and bjj and truthfully speaking...i do like mma.
    I guess i'm biased against it because I hear people trash traditional forms of fighting in favor of mma or bjj...and i think mma and bjj is HIGHLY OVERRATED
    in contrast to traditional chinese kung fu,but at the same time i wouldn't say that
    some of it wouldn't work on the streets either???
    Still, it was cool seeing Gracie getting his a$$ whupped
    If life isn't fair...than why should i be

Quote Originally Posted by Fajing
    Dear God people, give up the video thing. Clearly if you have been in a REAL fight, you surely didn't get it on tape. Things happen too randomly. Unless maybe you were one of the Real World cast. Now if you're sparring will others for pure practice/experience, then you can record/make clips. That makes sense.
    I see . . . so real fights only happen when no one is looking . . . when no one has video camera or security camera . . . they take place in secret . . . and all we can do is take people word for it . . . OK but this sounds very much like alien abductions . . . lol. I guess I will trust what I can see . . . and what I can experience. . . and what can be reproduced . . . and what can be demonstrated on demand . . . and let you guys who want it have the secret elusive real fights.

Thanks,

Ghost

Unless maybe you were one of the Real World cast.
    What about Jerry Springer? Oh wait, they has some MMA fighters on there once.

Guess you can't find MMA-unsullied fighting anywhere these days ...

Um, do Cheung/Boztepe and Mazza/Draheim count as "real WC fights"? Is THAT WC legitimacy? The first is even on video ... unfortunately.

Still, it was cool seeing Gracie getting his a$$ whupped
    Why, exactly? Was he rude to your mother or something?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofwingchun
    I see . . . so real fights only happen when no one is looking . . . when no one has video camera or security camera . . . they take place in secret . . . and all we can do is take people word for it . . . OK but this sounds very much like alien abductions . . . lol. I guess I will trust what I can see . . . and what I can experience. . . and what can be reproduced . . . and what can be demonstrated on demand . . . and let you guys who want it have the secret elusive real fights.

Thanks,

Ghost
    Please post the video clips of the REAL street altercations you have been in. I would like to see them, and maybe learn from them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    What about Jerry Springer? Oh wait, they has some MMA fighters on there once.
    Sorry, I've never seen that show, and don't plan to start.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    Um, do Cheung/Boztepe count as "real WC fights"? Is THAT WC legitimacy? The first is even on video ... unfortunately.
    I did see this one.

I guess I'm sorry to say that I'm one of the few who have no street altercations on tape. In the very few I've been in, no one apparently was standing by with a digital camera. Oh, and I didn't see a boom guy either. I must be behind on these things. My appologies, but feel free to post all of the REAL STREET fights you have been in on here. I seriously would like to watch them, jokes aside.

No...he wasn't rude to my mother..anerlich
    Every fight footage I have seen posted online
    of a Gracie whupping on somebody...especially
    someone with martial arts training....you hear
    another Gracie in the background claiming
    such and such art is inferior in comparison to
    theirs....Bullsh..!!!
    For me...even though it was a mix martial artist
    it was VERY SATISFYING to see Roce Gracie get
    that a$$ spanked

For those of you who swear by bjj..I'm not saying that
    it's ineffective
    However compared to traditional chinese martial arts or
    just some down in the gutter no holds barred street fighting....
    it's OVERRATED!!!
    Go to a neighborhood in an "urban community" or the hood as
    some of you would like to refer to it as and try bjj on some one
    that know what their doing...and your a$$ is going to get handed
    to you
    If life isn't fair...than why should i be

I lot of people on this forum don't like what I say, because what i say comes from the heart.
    And then, a lot of people don't like what you say because you sound like a narrow-minded dogmatic obnoxious sociopathic 15-year-old with Tourettes, incapable of having a conversation without sneering and belittling people who have a different view.
    Quote Originally Posted by chisautalking
    Most people on this forum probably never ever had a real fight in their entire lives, and they are too afriad to find the truth for themselves...
    Well, I have got news for those people -- tough titties. I will say what ever is true -- even if it means shattering your illusions and making you cry. Yes, there is no tooth fairys or santa claus. ...
    So who's in the fantasy son? There is no truth in anything, only opinion and experience: I found no truth and no experience worth repeating from getting kicked unconscious, from laying into someone with my para boots, from hitting someone in the balls and him slamming my head into a wall, from the countless battles I've had... I just grew up, starting avoiding that BS and enjoying my life!

Anyway, wasted enough time on that...

Puma, I don't think I've ever heard a Gracie saying stuff like their art is superior to others: they just get on with their training and matches, unlike a lot of the chattering little sparrows on here. Plus, if they were really so superior would they have bothered doing a seminar with Sam Kwok in the UK last year?

The only other MMA guys I've heard spouting off have been in response to verbal diarrhea like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by puma
    However compared to traditional chinese martial arts or
    just some down in the gutter no holds barred street fighting....
    it's OVERRATED!!!
    ...try bjj on some one
    that know what their doing...and your a$$ is going to get handed
    to you
    Go and do some training!

The subject...? I like Sakuraba's fighting style and I think he's quite a nice bloke. Er, that's it really.
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 03-01-2006 at 06:30 AM.