Thread: Best chopsticks fight scene ever

Hybrid View

Best chopsticks fight scene ever

I would have to go with:
    HITMAN IN THE HAND OF BUDDHA

see what everyone thinks
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Actually, I'd have to give it to Takeshi Kitano in Sonatine or Fireworks (I get the two mixed up). Where the low level Yakuza guy is talking smack and he stabs him in the eye with a chopstick.

Very cool.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

dwid

I haven't seen that yet is it pretty good? I LOVED deadly outlaw:rekka? Hitman In the Hand of Buddha was my favorite chopstick fight ever. But you people can't even come up with a favorite "throw" ever. My pick for that would be The One Armed Swordsman. Wow. BTW-that is easily one of the hottest chinese woman ever(one who slices jimmy).
    Last edited by jethro; 06-03-2006 at 10:47 AM.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

I'll be honest, I love pretty much all movies directed by Takeshi Kitano. He also stars in them as the character actor Beat Takeshi (same guy, but he gives himself a different name as the actor). He's a bit overexposed in Japan, as he does lots of comedy and stuff, but his movies are awesome. Check out Sonatine, Fireworks, Violent Cop, Kikujiro, even Brother. Very cool stuff.

Violence in Takeshi Kitano movies seems more realistic and raw than it does in lots of other movies. When sh!t goes down, it is very sudden and generally ends quickly. He's a bit of an every man with a savage twist, kind of like Charles Bronson in some of his old movies.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

thanks

I'll check out the reviews and see if it's for me. Butr the newest zatoichi was sweet. Let me indulge myself here. Remember when the young dude thinks of how he is gonna chop Z up , and then the fight actually happens. Awesome movie!!!!!!!

Actually, I haven't seen that one yet. I have the DVD around somewhere though, I'll check it out.