Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best chopsticks fight scene ever

Best chopsticks fight scene ever

I would have to go with:
    HITMAN IN THE HAND OF BUDDHA

see what everyone thinks
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Actually, I'd have to give it to Takeshi Kitano in Sonatine or Fireworks (I get the two mixed up). Where the low level Yakuza guy is talking smack and he stabs him in the eye with a chopstick.

Very cool.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

dwid

I haven't seen that yet is it pretty good? I LOVED deadly outlaw:rekka? Hitman In the Hand of Buddha was my favorite chopstick fight ever. But you people can't even come up with a favorite "throw" ever. My pick for that would be The One Armed Swordsman. Wow. BTW-that is easily one of the hottest chinese woman ever(one who slices jimmy).
    Last edited by jethro; 06-03-2006 at 10:47 AM.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

I'll be honest, I love pretty much all movies directed by Takeshi Kitano. He also stars in them as the character actor Beat Takeshi (same guy, but he gives himself a different name as the actor). He's a bit overexposed in Japan, as he does lots of comedy and stuff, but his movies are awesome. Check out Sonatine, Fireworks, Violent Cop, Kikujiro, even Brother. Very cool stuff.

Violence in Takeshi Kitano movies seems more realistic and raw than it does in lots of other movies. When sh!t goes down, it is very sudden and generally ends quickly. He's a bit of an every man with a savage twist, kind of like Charles Bronson in some of his old movies.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

thanks

I'll check out the reviews and see if it's for me. Butr the newest zatoichi was sweet. Let me indulge myself here. Remember when the young dude thinks of how he is gonna chop Z up , and then the fight actually happens. Awesome movie!!!!!!!

Actually, I haven't seen that one yet. I have the DVD around somewhere though, I'll check it out.

good thing I didn't give nothing away

Cause it is good going into the new zatoichi not knowing what is gona happen. If you need a movie like iron monkey, you won't like it, but I think you will cause it sounds just like your description of his other movies. Also if you are a movie fan AND a music fan, deadly outlaw is one of my favorite stylistic movies ever. Nothing lasting, just serious fun being put to the screen. Which reminds me, is Audition by Miike good?

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    Which reminds me, is Audition by Miike good?
    I like it. If you like Miike, it's pretty awesome. I'd say if you like creepy horror in general, you can't go wrong with Audition. Some really f'ed up scenes in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dwid
    I like it. If you like Miike, it's pretty awesome. I'd say if you like creepy horror in general, you can't go wrong with Audition. Some really f'ed up scenes in that movie.

You surprised me there, I have only seen rekka and izo, and izo was a littel scary, but just too weird to give me a creepy feeling. When Izo does it with the mother of mankind or something, that is definitely creepy.

But you are saying Audition is a scary movie, I didn't like Saw casue I thought the gore came in too late and was very unnecassary. But I have heard good things about japan horrors, so I will check that out and beat's stuff when I get a chance. I tend to like effed up scenes.

There is some stuff in Audition that is disturbing to watch. However, it isn't gore for gore's sake. Miike knows what he's doing, and often you don't have to see much to be creeped out. I'll wager you'll enjoy Audition. It's not supernatural horror. In fact, unlike Miike's other stuff I'm familiar with, the storyline is very much anchored in the real world and is not too difficult to follow.

Hey!!!!

you seen rekka yet, just so you know, this is a real world type of movie(liek you say audition is) with some unreal things happening. break down the ending if you can for me, I tac it up to not having enough shooting time, btu I still can't figure that thing out

I just got it from netflix and plan to watch it this weekend.
    I'll let you know what I think.

If you like Takashi Miike's stuff, and you like weird movies, you should check out Gozu. It's kind of long, but it's very bizarre, and some of the scenes in it can make your stomach crawl, especially near the end. It's funny, though, in more of a tongue-in-cheek kind of way, though it is NOT an action movie. Kind of a mixture of a Yakuza/horror/ironic comedy film. It seems like people either like it or they hate it.

Another Miike film that is VERY extreme is Ichi the Killer. I really can't recommend this film unless you're into very intense violence. It's a little cartoonish, but very bloody and all the characters are perverse. It's about a child-like guy named Ichi who's a hired killer/peeping tom, and how he's put up against a nasty young crime boss/murderer played by the same guy who was the young samurai in the new Zatoichi. For myself, it's not a film I'd want to see again soon, though there are some rather interesting parts in it. I watch a lot of films, many of them very bloody and violent, and though this one is exaggerated, I have to admit there are some parts that really bothered me about it.

As far as best chopsticks fight ever, I have to agree it's probably the one in Hitman in the Hand of Buddha (Hwang Jang-Lee vs. Tino Wang). Though I did see the Takeshi Kitano "chopsticks in the Yakuza's eye" scene...I think it was in Sonatine (?). In Fireworks, Kitano plays one of a pair of gay (I only mention this because it's relevant to the story) hit men, and in this movie, he's actually a bit scary in his brutality.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-10-2006 at 01:18 PM.

I honestly couldn't sit through Gozu. Maybe I'll give it a try again one day.

Ichi the Killer looks interesting, and I'll probably check it out in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    you seen rekka yet, just so you know, this is a real world type of movie(liek you say audition is) with some unreal things happening. break down the ending if you can for me, I tac it up to not having enough shooting time, btu I still can't figure that thing out
    I just got through watching it. I actually really liked it. As far as the ending, WTF???? I don't know. Maybe they ran out of money, maybe they ran out of script. Maybe it's just Miike entertaining himself with some private joke at the expense of the audience.

I like that the rockets had ridiculously devastating power. And some of the stuff was really funny, like the hands around the guy's neck at the beginning and the decapitated head that opens its eyes.