Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best chopsticks fight scene ever

jimbo

I knew you would come through with seeing Hitman. It was honestly one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. "That style doesn't work on me anymore
    I know monkey's stick". The choreography ws a bit diffeent from ALL other fu movies and the finale was a bit dissapointing but some of the greatest kicks in screen history are being let fly.

The chopsticks scene was such a classic becuase the choreography in that whole scene was beautiful. But then when Hwang gets the chopsticks in his hand, I rewound for quite a while then they top it off with the CHEESIEST BEST part. Hwang takes like 4 chopsticks and like makes a little catapult, and lets them loose and sends tino flying through the air.

I am horrible at explaing these things, btu I will tell everybody-watch the opening kicks galore sequence(this will also help you realize how stupid it is). Next is the chopsticks. Then hwang vs. tino wong again. then the finale has some of teh best kicks EVER.

And GOZU-have you seen Izo!!!!!!!!!!, compare it to that and make sure it is better if you can. I really did not enjoy Izo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so let me in on Gozu if you can, much appreciated.
    Last edited by jethro; 06-10-2006 at 03:12 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

dwid

glad you liked it. You can tell it is not for everyone. Kinda borign during a few scenes, but after the opening sequence in that movie, I was hooked forever. I have seen that movie like 10 times now and the music is everlasting but in my opinion, that old japanese leader at teh start(and the end) was the best part of the movie. Followed closely by the hitman coming back in to get a candy bar or something. The music intertwined with the dialogue was brilliant...

I freaking loved it, I know I probably mentioned it, but I love the way miike makes the camera a character. Most directors just give themselves a cameo or something, you can tell miike makes movies for people to enjoy , I appreciate that.
    Last edited by jethro; 06-10-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Gozu

Having tried to explain the plot of Gozu to someone I had to give up, and it still makes my brain hurt, but was great (I think!)
    On the other hand Takeshi Kitano , possibly my film hero , apart from Mifune. Zatoichi- amazing! Kikujiro is amusing .He has everything really. Has anyone seen Takeshis, his new film? Don't think its going to be over here in England for ages yet???

su lin

Beat's zatoichi is the first z movie I ever saw. I loved it but after seeign the real zatoichi, there is really no comparison. I have only seen one movie(chest of gold) and am hooked and will have to buy all the rest.

The other ,original Zatoichi films are great too, just love Kitano ,and the tap dancing!!!

Question for Jethro

Right Jethro, a question for your martial arts film knowledge. I just got a 3 month subscription to an online film rental service. I need to fill up my list with martial arts films- what can you suggest???

will you be my internet girlfriend?????

and yes, I will think up a list for you.

to start it off though, you have seen woo-ping's masterpiece, Legend of a Fighter(Secret Master), right. Also, I will bring a certain thread back and you can feel free to ask any questions about any of those movies.

Slightly OT...

Just had to share this...
    Piece of chopstick removed from man’s head after 9 months
    By Deng Kajia | September 12, 2013, Thursday | Online Edition

DOCTORS removed a five-centimeter-long piece of chopstick from a patient who had lived with it for nine months after it entered his head through his eye socket, Chengdu Evening News reported today.

The 57-year-old patient had lived with the nuisance for nine months without realizing it was there, the report said.

The chopstick had embedded itself in the patient’s nasal cavity and was successfully removed by doctors specializing in eye, ear, nose and throat conditions, the report said.

The patient, identified as Wen, was having lunch alone at home last December while his one-year-old grandson was playing aside.

As he rushed to lift up the boy, who was about to fall, the slippery floor made Wen stumble. The chopstick he was holding in his hand stabbed him in the eye socket without piercing the eye and a section broke off, the report said.

It bled for awhile, but Wen was tipsy after drinking and just threw away the broken chopstick without knowing part of it had been left in his head, the report said.

He was given an anti-inflammatory drug later at a clinic for soreness he had, the report said.

However, the wound would not heal and, by August, was constantly discharging pus. Wen was shocked when an X-ray showed a 5.1-centimeter-long foreign body lying from his left eye socket into his nasal cavity.

Wen had not considered the injury a big deal since it did not affect his eyesight and only felt uncomfortable when he winked.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

On closer examination...

...I'm flabbergasted that this thread doesn't mention Kung Fu Panda or Fearless Hyena.

Kung Fu Panda vs Fearless Hyena / chopstick fight
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gear up.

Slightly OT

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips