Thread: Akron OH. March 26, sunday

Thumbs up Akron OH. March 26, sunday

Ok, We are getting close to our get together. Originally posted under "fight club" But under advisement we shouldnt call it that. So now it will be ice cream and a walk in the park on sunday....

So on sunday March 26 we will be having an open spar day. All styles welcome. this will be a friendly get together.

Those of you who have expressed interest, please give me a confirmation of how many people will be coming. I am going to have snacks and a light lunch for you all, so i need to know how many.

Gear.. Hand and foot/shin pads. Mouth pieces and ofcourse the most important "the cup". If you are over 18 Head gear is up to you. [ under 18 not allowed]

Dont be shy, come and have some fun, test your skills and meet some new people.

We will start around noon till we have had enough.

Kelley
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

1 week left.

So far about 10 to 12 are expected to show. Should be an interesting and fun day. Shoot me a PM if you would like to get in on the action.

C-Ya

Last call..

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldphoenix
    Last call..
    2 shots tequila with a jagermeister chaser please.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Oohhh Yeahhhh

Awaiting report to see how it went...cause I like to live vicariously through others
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

2 groups pulled out at last minute[7 people total] so that just left my 3 plus 2 from columbus. The guys from columbus were down. just not worth the 2 hour drive for them to come up and get it on with us. Bummed out, i was pumped for it. so we will try again in a month or so and hopefully we will have some better commitment.I was actually surprised that there werent more MA's ready to go. Maybe i should pool some karate guys this next time also. Or i should offer some shinny trophies

But thanks for asking. Maybe we need to come up to NY. there seems to be willing fighters up there.

hey man I saw your thread and was interested but right now the team is preparing for a fight this saturday so we didn't want to do anything out of the ordinary and risk injury.

but next month would be great! I could definately get at least 2 guys and possibly up to 5.

Any problem with MMA guys coming?

email me: steelvalleymma@hotmail.com
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

.....................ttt
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

ShaolinTiger

What's up bro.

I would actually be very interested in hooking up with you. Havent had the chance to touch hands with any MMA guys. My only problem would be that we dont have any mats of any kind. Maybe we could come down and meet up with you. I am sure you would hand my ass to me on the ground game. but i actually like getting my ass kicked, it lets me know right where my weakness is. Any way let me know what you think and look forward to meeting you.

While I'd like to spar with all aspects of the martial arts, I don't think the guys would have any problems with keeping the fight on our feet. Several of the team prefers standup anyways. (I'm a certified USABoxing coach)

I know for sure that 2 of us would be down for it without a doubt.

But I'd also love for you to make a trip down and practice on the mats so that you can see the full integration of striking, clinch and groundwork and how they compliment and oppose each other. I've put together several seminars now for my friends who are teachers in the traditional martial arts on fundamental groundwork and they have loved it! They are now integrating the program into their training a few times a month.

Sundays are perfect for us. It's open gym day and people can come in and work on whatever aspect they want, suprvised, but not structured.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Sounds good to me, I will talk to my guys and i will get in touch with you. 2 of us are always game and there are 2 more but they are mood dependent, if you know what i mean. Our school spars but no contact. I used to fight contact but karate made switch to Kung Fu for in close fighting so now trying to put the two together in a contact fighting. Look forward to meeting you guys...Kelley.

Emerald,

Email me bro. I'd like to get together this weekend or next weekend! We'd like to have you come down!

I'll have at least 5 guys interested possibly more.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu