Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here Are Good Wing Chun Action Videos...

Here Are Good Wing Chun Action Videos...

1. copy the link
    2. Go to Google and enter it in and watch the action!

Wing Chun fight 1:

http://comegetyousome.com/video/wingtsun.wmv

Wing Chun Spar Action 2:

http://comegetyousome.com/video/asian_smack.wmv

I'm looking forward to your comments gentlemen!

What do you think?

Best wishes!

Just Click the Links...

Just click the links. It'll bring up the videos.

Best wishes!

Hello

The first clip, the guy in black singlet was "floating" too much, plus his punches were not integrated with the body. Although not real, it looked pretty real though. Verdict: 5/10

The second clip, there's only one word to describe the guy in the white singlet: GOOD.
    Verdict: 8/10

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

i actually think the second one is very false-positive ie... round punch comes in.. follow up with pre-figured movements that (to me) wouldn't really materialise in a real confrontation.

and he does a lot of things from a neutral stance as well... doesn't that screw his balance a bit?

cheers,

It is not too difficult I have found . . . to look very good . . . when your partner helps you . . . either by going along . . . sometimes intentionally sometimes not . . . or by just feeding some move and then not resisting or fighting back . . . none of these things look realistic to me . . . because things will not happen like this in real life . . . either in ring or street . . . people will fight back . . . even when getting hit . . . they will not just throw one strike and leave it hanging out there . . . and so on. The real trouble with this sort of thing I am thinking . . . is that it gives a very false impression . . . of skill . . . of how wc will work . . . of all sorts of thing . . . so in my view it is worse than waste of time to put this stuff out there . . . it does not promote art . . . it does not promote development of skill . . . it is nothing more than poor advertisement I am thinking . . . advertisement that gullible buy. I am sorry but this is my view at moment.

Thanks,

Ghost

Joe,

I'm curious why you label these clips as "good". What characteristics make them good, in your opinion?

The first one looks less-than-real to me. For some reason it looks staged. Everything from the camera angle, to the crowd, the "fight" itself looks like something from a grade-B movie. The nice big telegraphed haymaker and all doesn't give me a sense that this was spontaneous confrontation.

The second one looks like the guy has some skills, but his "opponent" is just passively taking a beating. Even when he attacks it seems as if he's moving in a way that has already been perscribed to achieve the desired outcome.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Does not "spar" imply fighting back?
    Not a shi-fu, just a pifu.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJacari
    1. copy the link
    2. Go to Google and enter it in and watch the action!

Wing Chun fight 1:

http://comegetyousome.com/video/wingtsun.wmv

Wing Chun Spar Action 2:

http://comegetyousome.com/video/asian_smack.wmv

I'm looking forward to your comments gentlemen!

What do you think?

Best wishes!
    I don't mean to bust on your clips, but the fight one has to be a fake. For one, the bigger dude is amazingly SLOW. He either is a terrible fighter, or this was just a pre-arranged demo. The smaller Wing Chun guy does not even look like he is making real contact. More like a demonstration of what he would like to achieve if attacked. The sparring one is a cool clip, but others have addressed concerns that I also share.

The first one was totally staged...and the second one was an even bigger delusion - as Mr. Wing Chun in that clip wouldn't be able to pull off one quarter of what he did if the other guy wasn't simply feeding him what was clearly pre-arranged...and then went to sleep as soon as the wing chun response came.

LOL.

Why Did I Post Those Clips? Well, Read On!

I posted those clips:

1. Because I thought they were interesting in that they:
    a. Captured the true spirit of the Wing Chun warrior
    b. Added to the dialog and scope of Wing Chun lore

2. Displayed the cat-like prowess of the Wing Chun fighter

3. Established the dominance of the Wing Chun way, vis a vis an attack

4. Added credibility to assertions that Wing Chun can rock someone's world

5. Evinced the need for full-contact sparring sessions to bring out the
    strength of one's Chi (Ki in Japanese)

6. Spur others to search for more interesting, informative and useful video
    clips that will expand our consciousness of the various expression of
    Wing Chun Kuen

7. Keep open the door to heuristic exploration and pioneering inquiry into
    the furtherance of opening the many hidden secrets of Wing Chun practice

--Joe Jacari

Hey Joe,

Better something than nothing!

But next time show us two guys who are really sparring/fighting.

It might not be as grandiose...but reality always trumps rhetoric.

Mr Jacari . . . let me try to explain why these things only backfire.

I posted those clips:

A skeptic or critic of wc would say you are right . . . it captured the spirit of wc . . . a group that can not fight and come up with legitimate video and so makes up a fake demo to try and prove itself . . . it adds to lore of poor wc. So clip only gives critic more ammunition . . . and makes more difficult defense of wc by supporter.

2. Displayed the cat-like prowess of the Wing Chun fighter

3. Established the dominance of the Wing Chun way, vis a vis an attack

4. Added credibility to assertions that Wing Chun can rock someone's world
    It proved none of these things because it was fake . . . and any one who fights can tell it is fake . . . so all they see is people who feel the need to present fake evidence . . . if they can present real evidence why present fake? Because they can not present any real evidence . . . because in fight they will not look anything like that or be able to do those things. This is really sad in my view.

5. Evinced the need for full-contact sparring sessions to bring out the
    strength of one's Chi (Ki in Japanese)
    Since chi not exist I doubt full contact will help bring it out . . . lol! But it does prove need for better actors and directors.

6. Spur others to search for more interesting, informative and useful video
    clips that will expand our consciousness of the various expression of
    Wing Chun Kuen

7. Keep open the door to heuristic exploration and pioneering inquiry into
    the furtherance of opening the many hidden secrets of Wing Chun practice

--Joe Jacari
    I am thinking that if things are hidden . . . they should best remain hidden . . . because fighting ability regardless of ma does not depend on secrets . . . secrets are used by people to control others . . . that is all really . . . there are no secrets to good ma . . . just hard work . . . the stuff most people do not want to do . . . it is the same in any sport. Putting this stuff out is a disservice in my view . . . it makes wc look worse not better . . . it makes wc look silly . . . in my view if can not add some thing of value then better not add anything . . . since what you add will only detract.

clip no.1 - choreographed LT propaganda - but i like the action = 6/10

clip no.2 - = 5/10

I posted those clips:

2. Displayed the cat-like prowess of the Wing Chun fighter.......etc.
    Joe,
    Thanks for the response. I guess I just don't see what you're seeing. I could be all wrong here, but these clips don't show me the charateristics you listed. In fact, they show the opposite.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Thumbs up

Ive got a tournament tomorrow first one ive been to its not full contact but its continuos not point sparring as such i could post the if ud all like to c. Im always happy to except a bit critique to make me better.