Thread: NJ/Philly

NJ/Philly

I'll be in the South NJ, Philadelphia area for around 10 days. I hope to meet with some WC people while I'm there. Of course I'll be traveling to Brooklyn to see Victor and VingDragon.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I'll be lookin' forward to it, Phil...

me either

While I was in South Jersey I was invited to the Moy Yat lineage school in Philadelphia's Chinatown. I had the pleasure of meeting Sifu Pete Pajil. I hadn't really remembered who he was until I met him in person.
    The last time I saw him was in 1984 at dinner with Sifu William Cheung and Sifu Moy Yat in NYC Chinatown. He is a true gentleman. Here is one of the pics from that visit.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Lightbulb Well...

When you do make it over here you may want to check out the basement of 923 Arch st. (in between 9th and 10th street) on a saturday afternoon or thursday night to visit our somewhat famous local SPM school and around the corner from there in between 10th and 11th street on Cherry st. there is another somewhat famous Hung Gar school. I figure since you are a southern practitioner you may want to see what my city offers up as some of USA's greatest southern schools. Have fun!
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

Thanks, I will. I'm "familar" with JLPM and I studied Hung Ga so I love the Southern styles. I'll also be visiting with Dave McKnight while I'm there.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Hi Phil,

I will definitely make sure we meet up this time around. Perhaps we could visit the SPM group together. Remind me a couple of days before you hit town so I can make sure I am clear.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space