Thread: Hot Peanut Noodles of Shi Guolin

Hot Peanut Noodles of Shi Guolin

Oh man, I made that dish from the Jan/Feb 2002 issue. I used too much hot pepper oil though, next time I'll just use hot sauce (more spice, less oil).

But seriously, if you make this and eat it, be mindful of your servings. I didn't have much at all and I'm so full it hurts!

Filling, tasty, and protein and carbohydrate packed! Eat it up!

peanut noodles....

Of all the recipes we ever ran in Kung Fu Tai Chi (and we ran a lot for a while - don't ask me why ) Shi Guolin's in our 2002 Shaolin Specialwas the only one I actually use from time to time. It's quick and easy and I'm the world's worst cook, so I need it that way. I usually just use a store-bought hot sauce now - one of those pre-bottled marinade things - because that's even quicker and easier. I had really good results with hazelnut butter too.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Here's one for you Gene.

Don't know if this product is in all markets but there is a Mr. Yoshida's sauce that is basically a teriyaki type sauce. I get a quart at Sam's every month. Mix it with regular old peanut butter for a tasty peanut sauce. ratio varies some but about 2 parts yoshida's and 1 part peanut butter.

I usually stir fry meat and veg's with lots of hot peppers and then add the sauce to finish for a spicy sweet and mildly sour dish.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yeppers -nuthin better;n spagetti and Jif ! i use lat jue yao when I make mine, I didn't read the recipe, but if you find, or make a good chili oil, it doesn't mask the flavor. Too many hot sauces have vinegar base and it overpowers the other flavors.