Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Gung

Gary Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Gung

Has anyone had any experience with Gary Clyman's Chi Gung sets? His site www.chikung.com explains that his teachings are the basis of 70% of Tai Chi - considering the outlay I'd be interested to hear from anyone who had tried his stuff.

Is this a joke?

OK! My EMOTIONS are NOT FAT! So they DON"T NEED EMOTIONAL LIPOSUCTION!
    BUT WAIT! My JING got stuck in my CHI! NOW I 've got JHI! And CHING! And I CAN'T stop SPEAKING IN CAPITAL LETTERS! Maybe I need WORD LIPOSUCTION!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

I've heard mixed reports of this guy - he obviously doesn't mind the hard sell and asks a pretty high price for what is not person to person classes. Apparently he was a student of Master Waysun Liao who is meant to be good. That's all I can say about that - I don't know how good Gary is - but I'd want to find out too before dishing out $3000 for his Nei Gung course.

Admittedly it might seem like a joke or that I am gullible in asking about a guy who has a website that looks sells like an infomercial but I can't help it - I'm curious.

timedoctor - I checked out his teacher's site www.taichitaocenter.com which looks better and in the about section he mentions that he focuses on the dan-tsou or single form training instead of the usual forms. Any insight into what that might be?

Blog Entries

I don't like CLYMAN

Sorry for the length, I havn't posted in a while but I HAVE TO COMMENT ON THIS GUY!

It was in 1998 or so I was competing in the Wing Lam Great Lakes Invitational.
    (which I won san Shou btw)

Anyway, Gary Clyman was the RUDEST DUDE! He was talkin' smack about my sifu...non other than Wing Lam himself at his very own function.

I don't care if it's behind my back or over the internet, but do it to my face and We have a problem.

Gary Clyman was scheduled to do a demo as part of the masters exhibition...I'm pretty sure he was planing to do some sort of Iron Body and Chi Gong demo.

About mid way through the tourney, I see a crowd of people gathered around him and he is inviting ANYONE to strike him directly in the Middle TORSO area. (No neck or groin) Just a strait up body shot. People were volunteering to hit him. Most were unskilled types seemed like.

But Gary was being a Jerk and Taunting Pan Ching Fu (Mr Iron Fist of China) and his top Female student (sorry I forgot her name) was there too.

***To me that's just messed up, trying to pick on Pan sifu that way. Pan is cool man, he's got a great energy that he brings into the martial arts world. It would be boring w/o him. Plus, Pan has actually killed someone with his bare hands. I doubt Gary can say that, so he should have given him some face...man he's rude.

He kept saying Everyone at the tourney had nothing on him and he was trying to get Pan Ching Fu to hit him all day. He was really rude man.

Anyway, I wasn't a sifu at the time so I stepped up and said, "Can I hit you"?
    ...Sure he said

So I did alittle warm up and jazzed my energy and he braced himself for the hit. At the last second he could see that I was serious and he stopped me at the last second..."Hold It" he said. Then he REALLY set up for the hit.

Man I thought that was Cheesy, I should have popped him right there. But I wanted to be fair since HE was the guy takin' the shot.

Anyway, he kinda had a good size chi belly. So a basic reverse punch I threw and landed solid and he let out a LOUD "OOuuuII". He smiled and said not bad.

I smiled and said, Not bad but you cheated. Then he got ****ed saying "no". I said "you moved to absorb my energy".

Then I described to him as an example of good Iron Body how SHI GUO LIN doesn't move prior to someone hitting him. He just sits there calmly and takes it.

For a guy who claims to be an iron body expert and saying how crap my sifus' knowledge of Iron skills was...he was not on PAR.

I told him, it was good kung fu to dissipate my energy, but that it was NOT WHAT HE WAS ADVERTISING he could do. That being the best Iron Body guy in the house.

Even Pan Ching Fu and his student (who were watching) stepped up and said yeah .."You moved"

So he was not happy. And I really wanted another shot. So he said ok.

Man it was ON LIKE DONKEY KONG now.

So I decided to try to send chi directly into the top area (almost his solo plexsus)of that Belly of his...albeit I did it alittle differently from my school that is. I used an open palm specifically for this.

This time there was a big crowd of people watching.

Bang, I did the shot and he Didn't move, he took it. He yelled very loud again..."OouuuII"!

Outwardly I said, "Well, you got me, you're ok man"

Inwardly I was thinking, "**** I wish I had more skill to drop him with just one shot"

Gary said after my hit, "I've been hit all day long by people, and i'll give you this, yours was the best one"

Then we all separated to do our own thing and the people dispersed.

NOW FOR THE CRUX OF THIS LONG POST

Gary was scheduled to do a Iron Chi Gong Demo correct?

I didn't know this untill after, but my big brother Gene Ching was also at the tourney working his usually business and schmoozing (chuckle) and Gene comes up to me 20 mins later and said.

"Hey I just saw that Clyman guy you popped leaving out the door and he didn't look too good, he seemed ****ed"

End result...Gary didn't do his demo

Well, I may have not been able to Kung Fu him movie style with blood coming out of his mouth and dying a slow death...but it's nice to know I was good enough to rattle his cage.

I took the time to write this about him because he was being a real A-HOLE. Normally I wouldn't say stuff like this about anybody. But the dude is rude man...I don't like him.

"O"
    Last edited by Subitai; 11-28-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Correct Spelling Typo
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Blog Entries
    Btw,

I remember, here is the link where I was talking to Pan Ching Fu near the end about Clyman.

It's 31megs and it's was at the KUNG FU MAGAZINES 10th ANNIVERSARY EVENT.

You have to go to: http://www.kwoon.com/extras/videos.html

Then click on "Kung Fu Magazine Event" under Miscellaneous.

Some other notables other than the truck (P en is) pull is,

Monk XING HAO doing the Nate Dance just cracks me up.

haha,
    "O"
    Last edited by Subitai; 11-28-2007 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Content Change

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Thanks for relating your experience Subitai. Interestingly some other people have contacted me with negative experiences of this man. You're the first to actually have any experience with his technical skill though. In any case - sounds like he's not such a people person, but his skill isn't too bad huh?

Blog Entries
    "but his skill isn't too bad huh?"

"O" = You are correct. I'm not saying the dude isn't tough.

Perhaps if he just subdued his ego alittle, he'd get along better.

Mabe then people wouldn't be stealing his stuff about Internal Arts (according to his webpage).

ease on,
    "O"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "O", man..you are my f***in hero!

BTW-I say this in all honesty-I have touched hands with Subitai and his power is only matched by his skill, which is outmatched by his generosity.
    and as seen in the above post-his sense of honor and loyalty-Mo-Duk.

Blog Entries
    Hey Ten,

SO YOU'RE SAYING I'M FAT AGAIN?

YOU KNOW I HAVE A WIEGHT PROBLEM.

Haha,
    "O"

Subitai,

Hi great stuff mate, one question with these iron body guys do they tense there abs or are they relaxed?

regards
    Garry

Blog Entries
    Relaxed?

It depends more on how they utilize thier CHI BALL.

Coupla ways I know of (but I don't or can't do personally myself),

1) To Make the area being hit hard and dense to bounce off objects.

2) To have a softer ball that will absorb and then give back the energy it recieves.

this I believe is much much harder...Monk SHI GUO LIN can do this.

TO PIMP MY BROS STUFF Watch KUNG FU MAG's 10th Anniversary Gala

http://www.martialartsmart.net/dvdca108.html

I spoke to a brawny fellow Hung Gar guy who was in the line up hitting Guo Lin..

I asked him...How was it?

He said, "I hit him three times" the 1st was kinda of tester.

GUO LIN lifted his arm and let the people hit him without moving an inch.

The 2nd, "I used a strong upper cutt to try to get under his RIBs"

"Normally if I hit a guy like that...he would be down easily" He bounced me right off.

The 3rd, "When I hit him I felt like my punch when in and then he sent it right back to me".

I said "Dayyyyuum"!

Amazing thing that Gene had told me once is that Guo Lin doesn't do any Hard Chi Gong. His skills come from softer Chi Gong and meditations. He is just really good and manipulating his Energy.

Sweet,
    "O"

working his usually business and schmoozing (chuckle)

I'll validate O's tale. I didn't see the whole striking episode because I was too busy working my usual business and schmoozing. I only saw the aftermath. But O described it pretty much as it went down.

And just to fill in the gaps, Pan Qingfu's female disciple is Dianne Naughton - she's got amazing ditang skills. Shi Guolin has said that most of his Iron Body skills are derived from Shaolin Yi Jin Jing accentuated by this method he learned from a family member. He went into depth on it in a two-part article we translated for him, Iron Body of the Iron Arhat: A Shaolin Monk Reveals the Heart Under the Iron Shirt, which appeared in our Internal power special issue (2003 March/April) and the following one, 2003 May/June.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gary Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Kung

Does anyone here have any experience, pro or con, with Gary Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Kung or Mind Light Nei Kung (or his emotional liposuction)? I read about it and it looks interesting.