Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Gung

I have no personal experience in practicing any of Mr. Clyman's material, but I do have humorous memories of sitting as a Judge for the Yang Style Tai-Chi Chuan Competitions at a USA Wu-Shu Kung-Fu Federation National Championship in 1989 or 1990, in which Mr. Clyman performed an entire so-called Temple Style Yang Tai-Chi Chuan Long Form within the 3.5 minute time allowance given to each competitor.

And then he couldn't understand why the predominantly Chinese group of Judges didn't just hand him the Gold Medal outright, or why he received such low scores. This performance sticks in my memory because it was sort of like watching a video film at 'Fast Forward' speed.

http://formosaneijia.com/blog/wp-con...oads/punch.gif

This is Gary Clyman after he supposedly bragged about how great his “Golden Bell” training was to Master Chang Dong-Sheng. As in all training of that type, there was a weakness, which Chang demonstrated quite clearly. I love the grins in the background.

Doc
    Last edited by Doc Stier; 11-22-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Add one more grin to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Stier View Post
    I have no personal experience in practicing any of Mr. Clyman's material, but I do have humorous memories of sitting as a Judge for the Yang Style Tai-Chi Chuan Competitions at a USA Wu-Shu Kung-Fu Federation National Championship in 1989 or 1990, in which Mr. Clyman performed an entire so-called Temple Style Yang Tai-Chi Chuan Long Form within the 3.5 minute time allowance given to each competitor.

And then he couldn't understand why the predominantly Chinese group of Judges didn't just hand him the Gold Medal outright, or why he received such low scores. This performance sticks in my memory because it was sort of like watching a video film at 'Fast Forward' speed.

http://formosaneijia.com/blog/wp-con...oads/punch.gif

This is Gary Clyman after he supposedly bragged about how great his “Golden Bell” training was to Master Chang Dong-Sheng. As in all training of that type, there was a weakness, which Chang demonstrated quite clearly. I love the grins in the background.

Doc
    rotflmao !!

too perfect !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Gary Clyman's Chi Kung DVD

Gary Clyman is the biggest egoist I've ever had the misfortune to cross paths with. He MAY be a good martial artist... I don't know for sure as I've never actually met him but after exchanging emails with him I can say for sure that he is a total jerk !

One word of advise regarding his Tidal Wave Chi Kung DVD... Don't buy it.
    I purchased the DVD and found it to be lacking any real depth. Also, It's grossly over-priced and he don’t give refunds.

In my humble opinion you'll do better studying Mantac Chia's Chi Kung books. They give clear and detailed instructions and are reasonably priced.

Tidal Wave Chi Kung

Gary Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Kung is a total wast of money !
    I bought it and found it lacked any real depth. It is over priced and he won't give you a refund after you discover that it is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiGung View Post
    Gary Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Kung is a total wast of money !
    I bought it and found it lacked any real depth. It is over priced and he won't give you a refund after you discover that it is crap.
    1) That's what you get for thinking there is something mystical about Kung-Fu
    2) Your buyers remorse sucks so much you are on a Kung-Fu Forum pulling up long dead threads
    3) You need to spend money on hookers, not chi blasts.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Re: Gary Clyman

GreenCloudCLF - You are entitled to your opinions....
    Ya know what they say about opinions. They are like a-holes. Everybody has one and they usually stink!

First of all... There is something mystical about kung fu (at least the higher levels like chi kung)

Clyman is still selling that chi kung DVD and people obviously are curious about it. As far as I can see, I'm the only one with actual experience with the content of the DVD that he is selling. I'm sharing my personal experience with the forum because someone had asked the question first (even if it was in an old thread)

I'm reporting recent events regarding this Clyman dude and his Tidal wave chi kung DVD, so lighten up.
    Last edited by ChiGung; 04-30-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiGung View Post
    GreenCloudCLF - You are entitled to your opinions....
    Ya know what they say about opinions. They are like a-holes. Everybody has one and they usually stink!

First of all... There is something mystical about kung fu (at least the higher levels like chi kung)

Clyman is still selling that chi kung DVD and people obviously are curious about it. As far as I can see, I'm the only one with actual experience with the content of the DVD that he is selling. I'm sharing my personal experience with the forum because someone had asked the question first (even if it was in an old thread)

I'm reporting recent events regarding this Clyman dude and his Tidal wave chi kung DVD, so lighten up.
    And while you are busy learning to channel your chi into an SBD, I will learn to fight. Get real.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Yo GreenCloudCLF - Chi Kung is Chinese not Korean
    Anyway.... Different strokes for different folks.

The way has many paths... pick what is best for you.