Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Spirit Fist Videos

New Spirit Fist Videos

Sorry I have not been around. Taking too many classes at school.
    Phan added 2 new videos of himself on this page which shows more of his legwork as opposed to the previous vidoes.... He's even faster in these videos. Don't mind the sparring videos. They're actually bloopers and he put it up to make us laugh everytime he goes to Vietnam. You can hear his commentary making fun of the participants. Also working on getting a bunch of the guys and Phan to go to Wong this summer.

http://www.sevenmountainskungfu.com/...thesystem.html
    Punching is loving.

i can't believe people are actually taking.. spirt fist.. omg.. the sparring.. it's so horrible i'm about to cry.. even for a 2v1 ._. okay look at www.wutangusa.com and click on videos // Multiple Opponent Training Video; compare it
    Last edited by ChinoXL; 03-21-2006 at 01:06 AM.

The sparring was only excerpts. The guy in the wutang video cant even block himself, and he grabs like a mad man exposing his limbs. There was nothing martial about that video. He just wails like a mad man. You can see that on any street corner. If someone like that walked into our school fighting like that they wouldn't be able to walk back out... I'm serious too.

For everyone here that judges our martial art as a joke, not Chinese, or illogical please feel free to come to the school and back up your claim. You would elucidate us if you can back up your claim and prevent other students from wasting their money. Stop hiding behind your head gear, and tournaments and challenge someone. I don't judge anyone else's martial art because they dedicate themself to it so it is not my place to put them down even if I find their art useless. Everytime I try to share something from Seven Mountain martial arts a bunch of guys reply with something smirk like "That is **** because it doesnt make $900,000 a year" or "he screams so it can't be martial art." Its not like Southeast Asians started migrating over in the 19th century like the Chinese. Its different. There is more to Martial art than kick, punch backfist, or whatever the Chinese dogma is. It seems everyone thinks the Chinese created martial art, or something. Keep doing your Ring forms, and backflips. I'm sure it will exacerbate your fighting skill.

I'm surprised Gene has not said something in support of Seven Mountain martial art since Kung Fu magazine is supposed to be a reputable martial arts magazine.

And just to prove my point I'm going to make CHino XL an example. Come to my school and spar with me, or my teacher. If you refuse to come I will come to you and spar with you, or your master or your uncle one after the other or all at once. I will bring this back to the old days if I have to since everyone else hides behind their computer
    Punching is loving.

Exclamation

And if you beat him (Chino XL) what will that prove? That your art is truly a KF style, superior to his? Hardly. It's not the art, it's the GUY! A good Karate reverse punch and beat Kung-Fu any day. Just as a TKD spinning hook kick or a Thai Round Kick to the thigh...

What does that prove?

Plus, if you teacher decides to fight one of these "nay-sayers", and he loses, are you going to quit his school? If he gets knocked out, or choked out in say...45 seconds,...is the going to de-value your art? Or does it just prove that someone else might be a better fighter? Surely you are not suggesting that this art makes all it's practitioners invicible or the best fighters?

I think what people have problems with, is that this art, which you call Chinese as well, (as it has migrated to Vietnam) has not resemblence to any other existing known Chinese Martial Arts. (If it does, please share the intel with us)

Your teacher looks like he has power in his punches, but he does look like he is just waving his hands around as fast as possible without any structure.

Plus, you put things in your website that will raise an eyebrow to people on this forum. Things like; 'he's the only master in the united states.' The sceptic in most of us says..."HMMM" maybe because there is no such art an it was made up very recently from a myriad of martial art techniques (not styles)

And the whole thing about 'gold needles, tattoos and the mother's milk' thing...well, that's just a bit creepy, even if it is true. Certainly not something I would ever put in a website or tell prospective students about.

Fact is, you have something that is very unique, no question about it. Doesn't mean it's good or bad. Just means that you will always have doubters, haters and some fans.

Your a MA person. Don't be so sensitive. Your discipline should teach you to have thicker skin. You can't go beating up everyone who says you suck or your teacher sucks. Otherwise, you'll be getting into quite a bit of fights.

First, I like the design of the website.

Second, I did not like the sparring clips

Third, they were sparring with no gear...anyone else do that?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

I too liked the way the website was designed.

Lama Pai Sifu,

Good job on how you handled the situation! I believe Gopher just got offended that's all, I would too. I think if people don't have anything nice to say just ignore the post like how the rest of people have.

I agree what you said about the Spirit kung fu. I used to defend Gopher because every style is unique and until we actually experienced that style, we don't really know anything about it.

People in my kung fu school, use to say bad things about karate and how weak they were, until they saw the Kyokushin and the daiku juku video recently posted in this forum. And t hose guys could fight. They fight the same way almost as we fight or should I say how I would fight. It seems to me it doesn't matter what style in the end it's all the same. It's how you train and not what style is what my conclusion is.

We spar both ways: with gears and no gears. We switch it up and boy it feels werid after sparring with gear then taking it off. OF course we sparr differently because don't want to hurt the other person, but we hit for real with gears on.

I hope that make sense.
    Last edited by wind draft; 03-25-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wind draft
    Lama Pai Sifu,

Good job on how you handled the situation! I believe Gopher just got offended that's all, I would too. I think if people don't have anything nice to say just ignore the post like how the rest of people have.

I agree what you said about the Spirit kung fu. I used to defend Gopher because every style is unique and until we actually experienced that style, we don't really know anything about it.

People in my kung fu school, use to say bad things about karate and how weak they were, until they saw the Kyokushin and the daiku juku video recently posted in this forum. And t hose guys could fight. They fight the same way almost as we fight or should I say how I would fight. It seems to me it doesn't matter what style in the end it's all the same. It's how you train and not what style is what my conclusion is.
    The problem is, you post a video or a comment on a public forum, and people will reply. That is the point of a public forum. If a person can't take criticism, don't post. I personally try not to deride people (unless it is in good fun, or I have felt provoked). But not everyone agrees with this. Not everyone has the same belief system. Some people believe in saying whatever they want.

I do however think that these internet challenges are a boring waste of bandwidth. I have given my opinion on that before. No one is getting on a plane to fight me, and I'm not getting on a plane to fight someone. Not unless I'm getting paid for it. And if I pis5 you off enough to get on a plane and hunt me down to fight me...I've already won because I managed to pis5 you off that much
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Thumbs down I went there...

I went there. It's a Vietnamese McDojo. You can definitely see right away his biggest concern there is $$$ and he rarely shows his stuff and his senior students who did teach and showed stuffed couldn't fight there way out of a card board box and they all show and do techniques differently. He'll even embarrased you in front of 50+ people if you don't pay on time and have seen him do it personally. Plus his school is too small and you end up doing drills against the wall with no footwork cuz he packs 50-75 people in a 30'-80' mat. Please avoid this place like the plague and this is from personal experience. I am sure his students respect their teacher and school and all but so does Dillman's students. So take it for what it is worth. Then again I'm not an avid poster here so you can take what I say for what it's worth. Either way it's just my 2 yuan Regards!

P.S. Why do Korean arts use Japanese names and why do Vietnamese arts use Chinese names...? Hmm... $$$ comes to mind. *shrug*
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

Blog Entries
    Why don't they hit to the head in the sparring? Also, no throws, sweeps etc? Looks like playing tag your it.

Kung fu guy on Crack

Ok I just watched some guy on crack do a bruce lee imatation, and quite frankly I have seen several comedians on the teli do it beter. Like Edie Murphy Martin Lawrence.

Ok I'm not saying that all eclectik systems suck, but for god sakes if you are going to make up your own style, how about taking the time to spend on choreography.

greencloud.net

Ok here the part where I get in trouble

I gave the form video the benafit of doubt till I saw the sparring then I truly had an epiphany. I'm going to slant my eyes with plastic surgery then grow my hair long so stupin Americans will follow me around and pay me big bucks to learn fantasy kung fu on crack.

Some of you guys that are my age can remember the old James Bond movies whe he used his karate-judo tech. to thwart his enimies. Tell me those vids didn't come right out of a James Bond flick LOL.

High ya chop shreik riahhoo whooo ahhh chop suie:ee

greencloud.net

i do

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF
    First, I like the design of the website.

Second, I did not like the sparring clips

Third, they were sparring with no gear...anyone else do that?

my school does except for mouth pieces but thats just common sense

and now minors are required to wear headgear when they spar. thats my fault though

Kyokushin uses no protective gear other than mouth and groin protectors.

No hand techniques to the head, no attacking joints.

Our frenzied offshoot, Daido Juku, uses visored headguards and light handguards, but pretty much everything short of "ground and pound" goes.
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?