Thread: Walk in the songshan mountains

Walk in the songshan mountains

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone had been on this walk at Shaolin that goes up through the mountains.

Our school was there a few years ago and the walk was pretty much verticle and in some spots very dangerous.....you could easily go right over the edge.

The walk goes up past this little temple where two old ladies live they have been living in the mountains for ever.

Just wondered if anyone had been recently as the word was that they were going to put rails to hold onto ect.

i took this walk before
    but i dont have any pictures anymore
    i cant find it in my massive pile of junk in my computer
    i have real pics though
    yeah it was vertical
    some parts were scary
    at the end it was really scary going down. these villagers suggested we take a short cut and it is faster, that short cut was so narrow and no rails it was so scary!
    it was fun though
    took like 4 hrs to get up?i was sore/tired. all these old ladies were faster then me. it was sad
    but coming dwn took like 30 mins
    Teo Chew Association: Unicorn Dragon and Lion Dance Team
    潮州會館 麒麟龍獅團
    http://www.facebook.com/TctLionDance

United States Dragon & Lion Dance Federation
    usdldf.org

No Limit Arts & Gifts
    http://www.facebook.com/NoLagX

Songshan is a mountain range, you know

There are tons of astounding hiking trails all over those mountains. I'm guessing you're talking about the path they installed along the sheer rock face on the way to the hanging bridge from Shaolin Temple. There's been a lot of development on the trails to make them safer lately, but I haven't been back along that trail in over a decade personally.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yep thats the walk....

ttt 4 2016!

Nice pix! Been on that trail. Back in 1996. It's intense.

Masters of inner peace: Hair-raising pictures show Shaolin kung fu monks sharpening their skills on terrifying cliff face

Images of monks performing kung fu on Songshan mountain in central China's Henan province have emerged
    Formidable fighters hail from nearby Shaolin temple, well known for training those who wish to learn the martial arts
    The scary cliff is located in one of China's five great mountains and is one of the country's taoist sacred peaks

By SOPHIE WILLIAMS FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 08:57 EST, 17 March 2016 | UPDATED: 11:05 EST, 17 March 2016

Incredible images have been released of Shaolin monks performing death-defying kung fu stunts on the edge of a cliff in China's Henan Province.

The monks, who are well known for their bravery and strength across the world, spent some of their time this week performing martial arts moves on the Shuce Cliff of Songshan mountain near Dengfeng City, the People's Daily Online reports.

In China, Songshan is considered to be one of the country's five most sacred mountains.

Jaw dropping! Chinese Shaolin monks practice kung fu along a walkway on a cliff near Dengfeng, central China's Henan province

Impressive bravery and strength! A monk stands on the edge of a cliff at Songshan mountain in central China's Henan province

Aerial view of the thrill seekers: They practiced kung-fu on top of a cliff of Songshan mountain, one of China's five great mountains

Formidable: Shaolin monks, who undergo gruelling trainings from dusk till dawn, are thought to be some of the best kung fu fighters

In the images the monks can be seen practicing their kung fu moves on the edge of a cliff on Songshan mountain.

While in other images they are pictured running and jumping along a dizzying walkway carved out from the cliff face.

Shaolin temple is a Zen Buddhist temple in Dengfeng county, central China's Henan province, and the birth place of some of China's most famous kung fu skills.

It is also the home to the Shaolin martial arts training centre where monks have been practicing martial arts for over 1,500 years.

The academy was originally intended to improve monks health and help them defend themselves. Students at the academy have hard practising schedules with some training from 5am until 11pm.

Songshan mountain is considered one of the five great mountains of China and also one of the sacred Taoist mountains of China. It is home to the Shaolin temple along with Taoist temples such as the Zhongye temple.

Monks get an early start in martial arts at the Shaolin Temple

Jumping on the peak! Interesting Chinese Shaolin monks practice kung fu along a walkway on a cliff in central China's Henan province

Heart stopping: The area is home to Shaolin temple, a buddhist temple in Dengfeng county, central China's Henan province

Safety in numbers? The monks practice kung-fu along a walkway on a cliff at Songshan mountain, Henan province
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart