Thread: Tips for my Baguazhang

Tips for my Baguazhang

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you have any tips for me about the Single Palm Change and Walking the Circle. I know the basic principles and theory as well as the form, but does anyone have any advice about getting more power/becoming better?

Thank you!!

S
    Black Mantis

Thumbs up

Have you heard of the 64 Rules? They have all you need to know about getting the most out of bagua

Practice. Keep structure.

make sure

you should do the single plam for a least 20 minutes when you train it . and always try to keep it strong but not hard.these single plams are meet to built strength.

weight vest

if you don't have one, get a good weight vest and practice the form with it on

I use a 40lb vest 10lbs weights on each ankle and 2 lbs on the wrists... the wrists feel a bit light but its all i have at the moment.
    Words!

Just words!

Weight vest? Useful, perhaps, but certainly not imperative. Structure.

I find that when you want to make big advancements, go back to the basics. It's not the movement that you make, it's not the difference between having 32 palm changes or 64 palm changes ... it's what fuels them.

Increase your body's ability! How is the driving off your back foot? Is the heal down as you drive in your practice? Are you using your hip/thigh, or are you using your knee?

How's you're hang time? Do you find your front foot landing heavy? Or can you drive with your weight forward but kind of hang their for a bit in mid-air? This gives your the ability to change directions, kick, strengthen your leg.

Do you use two-man sets to train shoulder power? How often? How's your collapsing power? You're uprooting power?

Do you train coiling and uncoiling to add twisting power to your strikes?

My master always says everyone knows how to spend, but how much money do you have? Training those things puts money in your bank.