Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is only ONE Wing Chun....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    Thanks, I'm still a work in progress but I do have good intentions. We can all learn from each other.
    PR
    Ditto what Matrix wrote. FWIW, I've been learning from you for a number of years now.

Regards,
    - kj
    "It's all related." - me

open mind

Phil sez: Thanks, I'm still a work in progress but I do have good intentions. We can all learn from each other.
    PR

That's only possible if one wants to learn from each other

I am not trying to troll . . . and not trying to say anything negative about twc . . . if you are happy with what you do . . . whatever it is . . . that is great for you . . . what I do question are claims and assertions . . . especially backhanded compliments . . . for example that one person could not create twc . . . because it is too complex . . . well one person create judo . . . one persone create clf . . . one person create bagua . . . and so on . . . are these so less complex that twc? . . . lol . . . we also know that no one see judo or clf or bagua or twc before that one person began teaching it . . . a sure sign that this one person did create it.

I also question claims of combat efficiency . . . since this seems to mean different things to different people . . . challenge to stop by and see for myself is silly . . . this is common internet tactic . . . and it show a lack of maturity . . . I am sorry to say . . . question me . . . and I challenge you to something that I know will not take place . . . lol. Forum is for discussion . . . not for stop by and I show you.

If someone does not wish to discuss these things . . . that is fine . . . then do not open your mouth in first place and make assertion of these things . . . lol . . . I would not bring up question of Cheung creating twc if you Mr Parlati did not make bold assertion that he did not . . . and then offer silly it is too complex as only evidence of assertion . . . just as I would not ask you about combat efficiency if you did not bring it up. I am just wondering if when you say these things . . . are they just hot air . . . or do you just expect people to take your word for these things . . . do you expect not to be questioned?

Of course you can dismiss me as troll . . . that is easy way to avoid questions . . . but my questions and behavior speak for themselves . . . you raise issue . . . and I ask hard question about it . . . this is not trollish behavior . . . it only shows that I have serious questions about what you say . . . perhaps you do not like this . . . perhaps you are not used to people questioning you . . . if that is case I am sorry . . . but this is my way . . . I question assertions and claims . . . I do not accept things as true because someone says so.

Thanks,

Ghost

Phil just can't stop tinkering with the final flourishes. Any good art director would yank the canvas away at this point.

Very well said!

one persone create clf
    Not so - Choy Li Fut is a merging of three family styles, choy gar, li gar and fut gar according to a longtime clf practitioner of my acquaintance.

Of course you can dismiss me as troll . . .
    No . . . but your style of posting . . . continually abbreviated by three dots . . . with spaces between . . . and occasional malapropism . . . sometimes make me wonder . . . that you are native English speaker . . . trying to come across like bad movie style Chinese sage . . . or like Tonto in Lone Ranger . . .

Not really calling you out, just wondering why you have adopted this strange posting style which is quite unnatural to type.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Gracies did not need story or legend for example . . .
    The amount of Rickson worship and the like on BJJ forums, and some of the elastic truth in "The Gracie Way", show that Gracie myths and legends are in fact propagating.

It's probably best to concentrate in the present and future of Wing Chun, and developing your own ability and understanding, rather than on which particular practioners from the past the Finger of the WC God might or might not have pointed at.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!