Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: skill of stone throwing of CLF

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    but how can you say that it was all passed down from chan heung if jeong yim does not teach Chan family choy lee fut?

Still, according to fut san who is the source of Fut San Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut says our founder also learned from Li Yau San before chan heung, so in my eyes as i've said in the past wouldn't that make Chan heung and Jeong Yim classmates and under the same generation as chan heung under Li yau San?

if they were both students of the same teacher whether one was earlier than the other, doesn't that still make them classmates?

hsk
    Hi Frank,

Dino learned in China and took his students to learn in China at the same time, does that mean Dino's students are now his class mates?

Another scenerio, say you went to Sydney and learned the nine dragon trident from Chen Yong-fa and then you came back and taught your sifu the new form, does that make you a sifu to your sifu now?

EJ

EJ

Blog Entries
    actually since we are from america, and we all have different sifu's under the late ho Cherng, (He Xiang) then under the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon in Fut San we are of the same generation.

but here in america, under our own organization, my sifu is my sifu. but in china we come from two different teachers.

i know its an awkward situation.

and once again, actually, my sifu is too stubborn for his students to teach him anything. he won't let it happen. he will let his students have what the have, but won't let them teach it to him because it will mean that you are my sifu because you taught me something.

trust me, i know where you're coming from. you say its not accepted, but when you consider that chan heung was in fact still creating his choy lee fut even during jeong yim's fut san hsk time, and its possible that chan heung included new moves from jeong yim that he learned from the green grass monk.

that may not mean that Jeong Yim became Chan Heung's sifu, it just means that he shared what he learned and chan heung added in new moves.

when jeong yim went back to fut san, he continued to- just like chan heung did- create gung fu for his students that he developed. The way i see it, its chan Heung's gung fu was just choy fook's, Lee Yau Sans, and Chan Yuen Wu's gung fu combined.

Yes chan heung may have taught jeong yim what ever it was he was teaching before creatig choy lee fut. but jeong yim developed gung fu that was based on chan heung's, lee yau sans and green grass monks gung fu. i know i sound redundant, but its for the points purpose.

do you see my point?

hsk

Blog Entries
    i'm going to bed man.

good nite.

scream at you in the morning.

hsk

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    Yes chan heung may have taught jeong yim what ever it was he was teaching before creatig choy lee fut. but jeong yim developed gung fu that was based on chan heung's, lee yau sans and green grass monks gung fu. i know i sound redundant, but its for the points purpose.
    do you see my point?
    hsk
    Hi Frank,

Good morning.

I can see your point, that is why I say that if you think Jeong Yim's kung fu only has a third of what Chan Heung taught him, then you should call what he does somthing else, Chan Lee Ching or something like that, it should not be called CLF.

What you are doing to Chan Heung can happen to you one day. Imagine you are like Chan Heung, a great and passionate teacher and have a very talented student and you taught him everything that he knew since 12 or 13, then he became a champion and a teacher of his own at 20 or 21.

Now he gets some big ideas and goes to study with Dino and Dino’s classmate and even Dino' sisuk and then he tells everyone he AND you made the school that you have worked all your life to create. He tells everyone that he knows more than you and he thinks that he is doing you a favour by not claiming he alone made the school. How do you feel?

Something to chew over while you are having breakfast.

EJ

... and another thing, Frank, I will be away for a few days, so don't think I have forgotten you!

Take care and let this horse have a break!

Blog Entries
    i know you will always be watching me my brother joseph.

and i see your point. but that is why i think we "all" should settle for a "general" history that makes all look great instead of people looking for their positions.

be safe joseph.

oh and don't take no wooden nickles.

hsk

Blog Entries
    to everyone else, please notice.

although me and joseph has had some real ugly historical battles, at the end of the day we still speak civil to each other.

i can see he is as passionate for his history as i am with mine.

i don't dislike joseph, i've grown to think of him as my faceless brother.

follow this example and we all could get along.

peace.

Blog Entries
    I have thrushed you many times before and I will continue to do so every time I find you trying to change history and insult the Chen Family
    i'm still waiting for that to happen
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better