Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "David" Lin Controversy ended

I can appreciate that, the thread started with a bang then crashed and burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Ahh brother Im just joshin as its Wednesday and Im a little bored at work.

I know he was nothing but the smoke that leaks from his backside.

Just wanted to use the largest font and yell.

Another mouth boxer bites the dust.

nuff said.
    Well, seems that the thread was a fake, started by someone who was trying to stir up trouble, by falsely making believe he was defending him when he was really setting things up for the attacking statements to come in.
    No one from the school wrote the post that started this thread.

machine numbers can be traced.

Elementary my dear Whatson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    Elementary my dear Whatson
    I studied at that school in NY for a short time. He seemed to be a pretty good teacher.

I got transferred upstate for work and didn't go for about 6-8 months. When I came back he had a couple of new students and they had all mastered all 12 of the xingyi animals (at least the forms), which seemed to be very good progress in that short amount of time. One of them was a little girl about 11 or 12, and she was very good at all that as well.

I really regretted not spending more time at his school because he really seemed to know his stuff. In the time I was there he explained about 30 different applications for pi-quan alone.

He'd always be watching videos of different martial arts like judo or even boxing before class and analyzing the movements. He said in his youth he was a "martial arts alcoholic." LOL

As for the Shuai Jiao part of it, I didn't go for that, but he used to have some Shuai Jiao practice after his regular class for a little while. It didn't seem like he put that much emphasis on it, certainly not like a full martial art -- it was just putting on this funny little vest and doing some basic throws.

Anyway he is a nice little man who didn't charge a lot of money and didn't seem to want to start any trouble, so why are you so against him? Why not do your own thing and leave him alone?
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-13-2006 at 02:48 PM.

neilhytholt, I think you might be confused. If you go back and read my post I never comment on either one of the lin's, infact I state that I don't know anything about them.

My coments were directed to the guy that actualy started the thread. I thought that he showed poor taste in anouncing that he had 100 street fights, and that he was ready to start a war on his teachers behalf. I just simply point out that he might of been a troll.

Read the first couple of posts and you will understand. In fact I'm still not sure who is who. I just simply put an end to the trolling when I offered to host a challenge match between the troll and dale Dugas.

greencloud.net

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    neilhytholt, I think you might be confused. If you go back and read my post I never comment on either one of the lin's, infact I state that I don't know anything about them.

My coments were directed to the guy that actualy started the thread. I thought that he showed poor taste in anouncing that he had 100 street fights, and that he was ready to start a war on his teachers behalf. I just simply point out that he might of been a troll.

Read the first couple of posts and you will understand. In fact I'm still not sure who is who. I just simply put an end to the trolling when I offered to host a challenge match between the troll and dale Dugas.

greencloud.net
    Sorry. I quoted your post and it wasn't meant to get on your case, but just because I was agreeing with you. I added the comments about the people getting on his case afterwards.

Anyway I found that Mr. David Lee Lin was a very nice and knowledgeable guy. I don't think that Shuai Jiao was his strong point. At any rate, he didn't practice much on people unless they already knew how to fall. There were a couple of us who had taken judo or jujitsu already, so he demonstrated mostly on us, because he didn't want to hurt anybody.

But he was also fairly old and frail, like at least 60+, so it wasn't like he was throwing us on our heads or anything. You know, I don't understand the whole gong sau thing, but why these people want to bother a nice old man like that is beyond me. He does seem to make a lot of claims on his current website that I don't understand but I think cut an old guy some slack.

Can you tell me what his web site is called I would love to learn more about this man just for my own etification thanks.

http://masterlin.cfw2.com/show.asp?content_id=1046

My teacher is in his 60's as well and is not some dried up little stick of a man. Should be vital and full of life from the training not the opposite.

Sorry if that offends you Neil.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Dale so you and neil trained with the same guy??

Nope.

Good training will make you strong and vital. No offence but the NYC David Lin looks like death warmed over.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Nope.

Good training will make you strong and vital. No offence but the NYC David Lin looks like death warmed over.
    I was there in 1997, I think. He was just a very small guy, like not much over 5'2" tall, and he didn't really look death warmed over, he just looked like a small chinese guy in his mid 60s. He wasn't that muscular or anything, that is true, but he didn't look too old for his age. He probably weighed about 95-100 lbs or so.