Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "David" Lin Controversy ended

Quote Originally Posted by silent assasin
    To whom it may concern:

Many on this forum and others have spoken a number of harsh words about Lin Chih Young "David" Lin and I would like to now respond as a rational and respectable individual who can honestly attest to the skill and superiority of the teachings of Grand Master Chih Young Lin.

While no man- (including any of the haters that have spoken out on this and other sites) is perfect, Grand Master Lin Chih Young has a Mastery over the deep and rarely taught Mysteries of the Chinese internal martial Arts. He teaches secrets that have been passed down directly from Masters Such as Sun Lu Tang , Chang Tung Sheng And many other of the finest MArtial artists of the past centuries.

Many of these haters that have come out against him are people who have been thrown out of his school because they were found to be morally corrupt, others are themselves instructors who want to besmerch the reputation of someone that they view as being a threat to their buisiness- and as a result (out of deep anymosity- some out of jealousy- all out of a lack of self respect for themselves and the Martial arts they claim to employ)- have decided they would run around like little girls gossiping and telling people that Master LIn Has no skill.
    I tell you-
    Do Not believe them.

These people seek to portray themselves as great by demeaning other people.
    they would seek to victimise people they think they can portray as the weeker person
    because deep down inside they feel insecure about themselves.
    In Psycology this is called an Inferiority complex.

I can tell you they are fools who are putting themselves in a position where they can be sued for deffamation of charchter for publicly spreading falsehoods and and seeking to ruin the reputation of an innocent person.

I am a martial artist of many many years and more than training in the various schools, I have over 100 street fights under my belt.
    I have seen many, many martial artists, studied under many teachers, studied the teachings of the great masters of the past and I can tell you out of first hand experience- Master Lins teachings are on par with the best.

If you are interested in the possibility of learning with Master Lin Do not be deterred by those who would seek to lead you astray out of their alterior motives.
    Master Lin Is not perfect, But he is an incredible Master.

As to Whether or not Master LIn studied with Chang Tung Sheng, On one of the other posts, one of Master Fu Shu Yun's students stated that he heard master Fu with his own ears state that Master Lin was GM Chang's student.

Controversy ended.

If you don't like it, you can bite me.

Post Video
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I love that phrase,"mouth boxer". Dale, you slay me, brother.

Buddy,

I try with the trolls...

April 15th, you and Baihe are invited as always to attend the UFC party at my place.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Umm, I think that guy made things worse by making his post.
    If he never made the post, it wouldn't have re-opened old wounds and invited all this animosity again. No one can know who is telling the truth or not just from posts on a message board in a discussion group, that's common sense.

Most people know me from my articles and research on Chinese martial arts
    history, I wrote many CMA history articles for Wushu Kung Fu magazine during the 1990s. I also used to help Johnny Woo do his Cleveland area tournaments
    when he used to do them years ago (I judged forms, etc.).
    I've been doing CMA since 1975 and researching CMA for the past
    20 years. (I'm around 50 years old).

In the course of my research, I've been able to check out who learned from
    who when, etc, naturally. I've met teachers from Taiwan in NYC seminars that I have taken that told me Chih Young Lin did indeed study with GM Chang a couple of years before he died, serving as his last assistant. He studied with and / or was good friends with different Taiwanese masters who taught at the police acadamy and other places there, I have seen video tapes that authenticate this. I have a list of who he studied with since the 1950s and how long. I had researched this before I ever met Master Lin, as I was at one time researching the various teachers in the NYC area and who they learned from.
    I met with Master Lin and found him to be very courteous and forthcoming about various topics I was researching in CMA, such as forms, body mechanics, history, functional relationship between different CMA styles, etc.

Anyways, though I have long experience, I continued to meet with Master Lin once a week,
    I felt that he has knowledge that he gained from his many years, and it is up to me to apply that knowledge based on the skills I have acquired all these years. He's 72 years old, he's been doing CMA a long time, that should be respected.

I have used his ideas during self defense situations that have occured and they have worked great each time. (I am in a rock band and travel all over the world and being in bars all the time, I have had to use CMA on various occasions.). What he basically teaches is how to apply internal martial arts, mostly from XY, BaGua, Tong Bei and Shuai Jiao to external martial arts. I get something out of his semi-private lessons, I have a lot of years of experience to compare them to, and it works when I need it to work. I don't care about all the controversy and animosity people have. We have great conversations about forms and techniques and CMA history, and his ideas do work. Like I said, I get something out of it cause I have the experience to apply it and experiment with it. There are other people who have many years experience that meet with him as well, there are NYC club bouncers that I know who study with him and use his ideas weekly on the job. From 20 years of researching traditional, non modern wu-shu CMA proper body mechanics, the history CMA and it's various styles, and essentially what makes CMA tick, and from doing CMA for even more years and from making it work when I needed it to, I think that I would be able to observe by now if his teaching is ineffective, but instead I liked his insights on CMA.

Maybe I and them can get the same insights from other teachers, maybe not.
    Who cares. No matter how great someone's teacher might be, it's all amounts to nothing if you can't apply what they teach when you need it to use it. There are not too many people that have ever had to use what they study for self defense.

Other people don't get or don't like what he is teaching, fine, to each his own.
    I have found not one teacher in CMA or even japanese MA that someone has't said something bad about them in some way or another. I guess that's the nature of CMA.

This topic is always very, very boring and always repeats itself round and round.
    It would be nice if people moved on and let it go.

Silent Arsesassin started this again

Sal,

This little punk a s s brought it up while claiming to be some street fighter extraodinaire. The little tool is full of it, and dissapeared when queried about his bragging about his non existent skills and questionable master.

My issue was more with the little tool than with Lin.

Way too many mouth boxers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Sal,

This little punk a s s brought it up while claiming to be some street fighter extraodinaire. The little tool is full of it, and dissapeared when queried about his bragging about his non existent skills and questionable master.

My issue was more with the little tool than with Lin.

Way too many mouth boxers out there.
    \

I understand, I had the same reaction,
    and I kinda think that whoever made that post was
    actually doing it as a sly way to do the opposite of what he was saying.
    I don't think he really goes there, or he wouldn't have posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri

I've met teachers from Taiwan in NYC seminars that I have taken that told me Chih Young Lin did indeed study with GM Chang a couple of years before he died, serving as his last assistant.
    Sal,

I don't know what "teachers from Taiwan" you spoke to (since you didn't name them) but I'm sure you know who Jeng Hsin Ping is, why doesn't Shihfu Jeng say this? Or Daniel Weng? Or the David Lin in Atlanta?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Sal,

I don't know what "teachers from Taiwan" you spoke to (since you didn't name them) but I'm sure you know who Jeng Hsin Ping is, why doesn't Shihfu Jeng say this? Or Daniel Weng? Or the David Lin in Atlanta?
    I dont' know why they don't say this. I will get their full chinese names and will post it here if you want them. I wont be in NYC til the weekend after Easter, I will get some names of people you can call in taiwan that will verify it.

Master Lin studied Shuai Jiao, Ju Jitsu and Judo while in the army in the 1950s, this I have verified. I posted a list of his teachers and the years he studied with them from my researcg notes on the Empty Flower site for someone there that asked me.
    I have seen video tapes of classes in Taiwan with Master Lin in them. Daniel Weng was in one of the class tapes, assisting GM.

Even Frank DeMaria, GM's student and adopted God Son, who I had spoken to before ever meeting Master Lin had said it.
    I had called him back in 1990 to ask him about a Lohan form he was teaching and I had asked if he had learned if from GM Chang. We started
    talking about Shuai Jiao and he told me that there were some other people related to GM Chang's line in NYC, a school brother of GM's in NYC Chinatown area that was about to retire or had recently retired and he then said Master Lin had been GM's assistent during the early 80s, right before he died. He said they had met in a park as friends every morning, discussing martial arts, and Master Lin asked GM to be his teacher every day, and after a month of asking, GM relented and said ok. Frank said that Master Lin eventually became GM's assistant. But GM died about 2.5 -3 years later. Frank highly recommended that I meet with Master Lin and continue my research with him, he said that Master Lin knew a lot about CMA history and that I would learn a lot from him. He said Master Lin had a lot of interesting insights into the application of CMA.
    Master Ho, Master Fu's husband became Master Lin's teacher after GM Chang died. Masters Ho and Fu later lived for while in NJ, a few hours from me. Master Lin continued to study with Master Ho in NJ. So, Master Fu can indeed attest to who Master Lin's teachers were.
    I heard the same thing from a Master Tang from Taiwan that taught some seminars in NYC during the later 1990s (he taught seminars on Shuai Jiao, Fantzi, Xiao Fu Yen, and other material that I attended).
    Last edited by Sal Canzonieri; 04-10-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Sal,

Have you ever seen any footage of David Lin of Atlanta? Or have you seen/trained with Shihfu Jeng? Compare these two "assisstants" of GM Chang Tung Sheng to NYC's David Lin aka Lin Chih Young...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I have first hand experience with David Lin of ATL. His prowess is impeccable, and his execution of the style is flawless. I've trained under Sifu John Wang's student Kirk Woller of San Antonio. I know all these guys are some ruff and tumble fellas who know a lot about the art of inflicting pain. I've seen all the instructors listed under ACSCA, and David Lin is not recognized as an instructor. I've heard of his antics and his less-than masterful execution of the art form. Seems to me like another loon trying to make a buck off the name.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

This all being said -

The only Shuai Jiao being taught in NYC is by the students of Shifu James Chin and Grandmaster Jeng Hsing Ping.

(Not only sanctioned by Jeng Hsing Ping, but The World Shuai Jiao Society (David Pickens), International Shuai Chiao Association (Roger Soo), Taipei Shuai Chiao Association, Central Police University of Taiwan (David Chang))

Shuai is a throw, Shuia Jiao is an art form.

What's the point??? Would the real sifu Lin stand up??

The point is we want Gong Sau with the Punk A S S Silent A s s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GONG SAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale it's obvious that this guy is a troll, Once he felt the threat of a chalenge he disapeared. He hasn't posted again and he is not comming back no matter how much this thread gets flamed.

Believe you me I'm upset about it, I wasted my money on the popcorn.

greencloud.net

Ahh brother Im just joshin as its Wednesday and Im a little bored at work.

I know he was nothing but the smoke that leaks from his backside.

Just wanted to use the largest font and yell.

Another mouth boxer bites the dust.

nuff said.