Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crap like this gives Tai Chi / CMA a bad rep

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    There is nothing real…legit or factual in this video. The guy is a fraud, a buffoon…and a huckster. He is making idiots of anyone who associates with him or believes this stuff could be real.

And quite frankly, I am amazed that some here “in today’s information age” would entertain the notion that this crap could be real.

This is the kind of junk people would have been exposed to in the mid 1970’s when IMA’s where relatively unknown and only a few legit people in the west were teaching them.

Reminds me of the time I went to a pressure point seminar…crap C…R….A….P! all of it!. They were pretending to knock people out behind sheet walls etc… I stood up and asked for a demonstration and when it didn’t work. ( they then tried a knock out strike aimed under my jaw…..The blow hurt…. but hardly would or could…. knock me out if I was enraged and intent on doing someone serious harm) They informed me that some of the points don’t work on some…some points work on others…

(I forget the phrase they said but it amounted to something like that…

“It’s called a glass jaw” I retorted … being quite ticked that I was being conned…

Then they told me they didn’t and wouldn’t strike me in the serious locations reserved for lethality, so I asked where would these locations be? They pointed to the throat, underneath the armpit etc…(I informed them that areas where the human anatomy is not designed to suffer physical damage is hardly a secret. And an idiot knows if punches someone in the throat it could mess them up)

I told them to give me my money back right in front of everyone attending, I was led to a back room given my money and I left…

Hucksters and charlatans …snake oil…and golden elixirs
    So, you were misfortunate enough to experience George Dilman's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by yangyang
    No doubt about it, the sudents are way over-reacting and the teacher just wants to look good in public. The problem is, what do you say when a teacher can do some wierd things like this (or similiar) to his students, but can also send a non-student on his ass using his "real" skill? Would he still be a fraud? I'm not specifically talking about Peter Young mind you. Just asking.
    Why pull crap like this when you have "real skills". This is the kind of kaa kaa that turns away potential serious students.

What a load of Donky Kong

Im Sorry .... that was the most peice of sh!@.......I have ever saw ..... Wow ....
    I Agree..... I'll teach ya .....hahahahahahahahahha .......

Mukei

I'm more impressed with the actors jumping all around like that. I have a video of a masters demonstration in Fl with a bak mei master placing his students hands on him and then using "earth quake" energy to "blow" them off him. before he said go, one of the students was 3 feet away. and there was delayed reactions. to the people in the crowd, it could look impressive. on video...SCAM!!!
    and well.....if anyone with any reputable training was in that crowd, they would have jumped at the opportunity to have him throw them around. I know I would have volunteered. On the real end of the spectrum...I have seen people who know pressure point fighting hit people in certain points and the person throwing the technique spazzes out because they get hit at certain points on the hand or wrist and their hands feel like they are on fire. but that is a totally different thing in itself. its called slight nerve damage. haha. well, I don't buy this guy one bit.
    no true master needs their students to jump around like dancing bears to make them look good.
    and thats my 2 cents.