Thread: gtg and oly-style lifts

gtg and oly-style lifts

anyone ever do oly-style lifts (like power cleans, push jerks) or hell, even regular snatches, on a gtg-basis? what was your experience?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I never have, but the countries where olympic lifting is a big sport like Bulgaria do similar routines. Their main goal isn't synaptic faccilitation, but they lift in 2-3 daily sessions that have low volume. For a beginner with day long access to weights, I think it'd be a great way to learn the lifts.

that's what i was thinkin. i need to get better at these lifts for obvious reasons, plus the other moderately significant reason:

the first born was due yesterday, and whenever it comes, the amount of time i can dedicate to any one workout will be rather diminshed. i'm thinkin several exercises at random times throughout the day may be the way to go, and then squeak in something more long-winded when time permits.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Dan John mentioned doing this with clean and press, here is one of his posts on t-nation.com

For five weeks, Clean and Press everyday up to five sessions a day. Stay very light the first week, 50% of what you think you can do. Leave the bar loaded. Wake up and do a couple sets, eat breakfast a few more singles and doubles. Home, a couple of singles and doubles. Keep doing these every day until the weight is laughable...then add plates.

You won't do this. It truly is an excellent idea and it will make you grow and get stronger than you can imagine. If you start off with singles with like 135, by the end of five weeks, you will be doing over 200...maybe much more.

It's a great program and works. But,...well,

- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by rubthebuddha
    the first born was due yesterday, and whenever it comes, the amount of time i can dedicate to any one workout will be rather diminshed.
    Damn, I'm outta the loop . I should drop by here more often. Congrats, man. It'll change your life - amazing times for sure.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Yup. Congrats, Rub.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    ****, I'm outta the loop . I should drop by here more often. Congrats, man. It'll change your life - amazing times for sure.
    I felt a disturbance in the Wing Chun Marmot-Force.

Congrats.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by _William_
    Dan John mentioned doing this with clean and press, here is one of his posts on t-nation.com
    Thanks for that Dan John clean and press idea. That sounds awesome.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

procreation is what us cool cats do.
    where's my beer?

until we actually procreate that is ....

the very act of making little buddhas destroys the very act of making little buddhas. or the act of procreation destroys the act of procreation.

i guess im just tryin to say you aint gettin laid no more homie.
    where's my beer?