Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aids?

where's my beer?

Emeraldphoenix,

You know we're still swinging with the wing. I find the area to be particularly sparse with the womens. I'd rather be any where esle they could send me, if my sister didn't live in VA.

Chief Fox,

Did gayness become contagous now too

I'm no fan of the ****'s but theres gay and then theres GAY, and the move GAY you are the less likely you'd be doing martail arts anyway.

I don't think i'd refuse to train with someone for being gay unless it was BJJ Then i'd be all for it wait...what...no...i mean...(just joking in case you didn't get it)

BJJ is sooo gay
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan
    Chief Fox,

Did gayness become contagous now too
    Nah, Just trying to liven the place up a bit.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Atlantic beach and emerald isle had some female folks running around. Or just do what we used to myrtle beach baby. 2 hours and nothing but the honies and they like marines down there. that is for sure.
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

I used to play poker with a leper, but he kept throwing his hand in.

so, i decided to try hockey, again with a leper and again, there was always a face off in the corner.

yuk yuk

my apologies to all the lepers out there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

by the by, special olympics and the gay olympics allow aids victims to participate, but again, not in full contact sports where bleeding is a possibility/probability.

all sanctioned boxers must signed a waiver declaring they are free of transmissable disease and that means any disease such as hep as well.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    by the by, special olympics and the gay olympics allow aids victims to participate, but again, not in full contact sports where bleeding is a possibility/probability.

all sanctioned boxers must signed a waiver declaring they are free of transmissable disease and that means any disease such as hep as well.
    GAY OLYMPICS! So the sports would be, figure skating and..........
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Wink Interesting

So really aids victims should DEFINITELY be allowed to compete in demonstrations and individual competitions, which is not the same as full contact. But at least they would be able to learn and display their skills. And chief foxcan be gay if he wants to, I would just have 2 reasons to run from you now
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    GAY OLYMPICS! So the sports would be, figure skating and..........
    The louge.

One would also have to consider that when a person has aids, they are likely not in the mental and physical condition to participate in olympic calibre sports at that level.

It is highly debilitating in scope and eats away at a person in most cases.

someone who has HIV in very early stages may be different, but Aids is another matter entirely.

To the point where it would likely be self evident that participation in high caliber competitive sports would not be a probability for someone suffering with the disease.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

very good point, but to add a little

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    One would also have to consider that when a person has aids, they are likely not in the mental and physical condition to participate in olympic calibre sports at that level.

It is highly debilitating in scope and eats away at a person in most cases.

someone who has HIV in very early stages may be different, but Aids is another matter entirely.

To the point where it would likely be self evident that participation in high caliber competitive sports would not be a probability for someone suffering with the disease.

I have not been well learned in the drastic differences as having aids or having hiv. I don't know how long it takes before it becomes aids. So while all that info would help a lot, I know that we all remember magic johnson, when he came back and had hiv, he was still a GREAT player even with how old he was. So the way I have always figured it is if you have hiv you have a chance, but when you have aids, you're screwed, right??? I just don't know the stages and how it affects you, how healthy you are in the first place, how the virus reacts to your body, etc. There is a lot that factors in here that would be very hard to analyze.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Leprosy is one of the -least- communicable diseases, as only a tiny percentage of the population is vulnerable to infections (95% of the human race is naturally invulnerable). Actual infections are easily countered with MDT.
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

question is would you work out in a gym with someone who has aids?

As far as the HIV or AIDS issue, I would let them train but no contact sparring or rolling as there would be too much risk. Someone mentioned how does pro boxing deal with this issue, anyone remember Tommy Morrison,(played Tommy Gunn in the atrocious Rocky 5), he was diagnosed with HIV in the early 90's and was not allowed to box anymore, to my knowledge, if anyone has further information please elaborate.

I've rolled with a gay jujutsu club...!

...and some of those dirty buggers almost certainly had HIV.

If they bleed, don't swallow it!

Little cuts on someone with HIV are not going to transmit it unless they are rubbed into your little cuts, you ingest it etc... I think people are far too sensitive aboutt his, and the boxing ban is just for show.

On a side note, things like hep are far more contagious.