Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Soo (Fut Ga) Style

San Soo (Fut Ga) Style

The diverse, devastating martial art with no stances, animal influence or defensive attitude. Sparring is not allowed as most of the blows are too deadly. The mentality is to end the fight in 3-7 seconds with deadly strikes. Does anybody know much about this form, maybe practice it? It seems like a lesser-known martial art, yet from the looks of things is one of the most effective.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mma+vs+kung+fu

BJJ purple belt John Marsh vs. black belt San Soo instructor Scott Shean.

yes, it is the most deadly one. please, join the art, that way you dont have to waste your time posting here....you know, you cause youll be busy training and stuff....and not have to ask any questions..........you know, casue youll be busy....training....not posting.
    Bryan Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Potier
    Sparring is not allowed as most of the blows are too deadly. .
    I must say this always cracked me up.

I believe he was asking about it San soo not promoting it but I could be wrong. If not for the "?" i would have thought it a promotion myself, and that may well be what it is.

Isn't Fut Ga something comepletely seperate from san soo though?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Yeah, he's asking about it (or just trolling) Sometimes it's hard to tell with newbies Anyway, KF gave him a good example of what happens when you're too deadly for sparring

I trained San Soo for about 4 years. Here's a few quick answers for you:

1. San Soo is popular in Southern California (as this is where Jimmy started teaching). Outside of this area, however, it's not very well established. I'm aware of schools in Oregon and Colorado.

2. Nope, there is no sparring, though the reason for this varies from teacher to teacher. They do a lot of "reversal" exercises and similar to compensate, but obviously lacking sparring is a pretty big problem.

3. "Effectiveness" is really in the hands of the practitioner. I'd say San Soo provides a strong fighting framework, and can be very effective with the proper effort and mindset.

4. In regards to "Fut ga" - This refers to a group of offensive techniques in KFSS. Supposedly named for the Fut family (one of the five families that comprise San Soo).

If you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer them as best I can. Just post to this thread or shoot me a PM.

San soo not to be confused with san shou has always baffled me. I think it's more of an eclectic style not a traditional style, and has only been around for 30 years. I'ts a step up to kenmpo.

As far as not sparring because the srikes are too deadly well I don't know about that, comercial MA schools use that line alot because they know sparring is bad for buiss. And I am sure they don't compete that's bad for buisness since most students quit those schools after attending a real tourney and they realize what they have learned is ****.

greencloud.nets

Fut ga is a different style wich looks nothing like san soo, not to mention it's a traditional system.

What Jimmy Woo did was supposed to be a CLF system, hence the fut gar reference.

There have been many systems coming out of the wood working that like to mislead prospective students. Mosty these styles make kung fu look bad since they are desighned to look like kung fu but are just a made up bunch of garbage by guys that didn't have what it takes to learn a real system.

greencloud.net

I'm sorry sifu able can you expand on who Jimmy woo is??

thanks dude that pretty much answeres my question.