Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Carradine---wassup with him?

Kung Lek Guest
    I see you haven't heard the story.
    Well, Bruce wasn't picked because he was "too chinese for the american public" according to the fuddy duddy studio execs.

Carradine got picked as a result instead being of the famous Carradine family and having a willingness to do the part. Bruce apparently was not happy.

At least that was the angle the Lee family put on it and as well was Linda's explanation in the little part of the biographical (sort of) movie of Bruce called "Dragon".

This is all just hollywood news. But it is known that Carradine was unknowledgeable until after having the opportunity to study with Kam Yuen sifu (3rd season MA choreo director) and David Chow (earlier Choreo director and renegade Siu Lam Monk in one episode)
    peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

nightair Guest
    The reason Bruce wasn't picked for the part was because the company was scared to take the chance of Bruce not being accepted by the american public.Thats the reason they gave him.

DOH!!

GunnedDownAtrocity Guest
    oh yeah! a wookie.

i wonder what a wookie's chicken sack looks like.

where's my beer?

nightair Guest
    It's probably very wookie like, and hairy :eek:

DOH!!

CD Lee Guest

Thanks Kung Lek!

Man, I am very dissapointed. That is sh1t. You know, I get so sick of fake sh1t. The guy was my idol when I was a kid. I guess the idea of Cain is good.

We must...seek..an understanding...of..ourself.

I am going to develop the broken speech as part of my Kung fu training. I think it adds credibility.

Thanks for the information. I love this place.

wu_de36 Guest
    I'd give Ralek good odds against Carradine

nightair Guest
    Jean Claude Van Dam could beat anybody in the world.He is the best martial artist ever. :rolleyes: ;)

DOH!!

Kung Lek Guest
    The idea behind the Cain character is an ideal definitely worth aspiring to.

there are plenty of western practitioners who took up martial arts study because of that character, and that is an interesting point in itself.

To me, it points to an inate desire to do good.
    In context to our society, I personally feel very good about western society that so many people think like this.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

Ryu Guest
    CD Lee,
    I have heard Carradine speak the way he normally does. He talks just like a normal guy (reminds me almost of a buisnessman) And he's actually been in quite a few "shady" movies as well.
    It's an act. :)

How did he beat out Bruce?? heh heh.....

Well, that's the whole point. :D It did not have anything to do with MA .......

By the way, Mr. Miyagi doesn't have an accent either! :D

Thought I'd destroy that dream too muahahaha

Ryu

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Kung Lek Guest
    Ryu, you have exposed miyagi!
    For this, you will be waxed into the ground like the scoundrel you are!!!! Hiiiiiyaaa, ryu San!

:D

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

CD Lee Guest

Miyagiiiii!!!!!

This is truly disgusting. Mr. Miyagee?...it's just not the same without the accent.

Bruce Lee vs. David Carradine

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    So that's what the vibrating palm is for !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Thumbs up

Bruce Lee casted for Kung fu series

but he did not get the part/role.

Most of the fights in Kung fu series

are actually Judo.

In early 1970s,

I remember this and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5LRB...eature=related

I was a young kid when the show came out, and I thought 'kung fu' was supposed to be the character's nickname. At that time, to me, MA meant judo and karate. When I heard that kung fu was referring to Chinese MA*, I thought it was a copy, because I heard it referred to as 'kung fu karate'.

*Yes, I know 'kung fu' means skill developed over time through hard work. But of course, people also use it to refer to CMA.

I always thought the fights on the show looked really unconvincing, and that the cowboys could've grabbed David Carradine's leg when he kicked them, if they wanted to. That show actually gave me a bad first impression of CMA as a fighting art because of DC's skill level, or lack of.