Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword hotties

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    or this.

If not - I win this day!

Hotties ?....not homelies....
    Last edited by Robinhood; 02-18-2013 at 03:34 PM.

In the SF Chron!

The Terracotta Warriors are coming to the Asian Art so in honor of that, I was greeted by a full-page sword hottie in the Style section. I love the SF Chron. Newspapers still rock.
    'Terracotta Warriors' at Asian Art Museum
    Noah Shaw
    Updated 8:39 am, Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Photographer: Isabella Bejarano, Academy of Art University Styling: Noah Shaw, Academy of Art University Model: Annie Maki, City Models Inc. Photo Assistant: Nick Gutierrez Hair: Desiree Moon Cerda Makeup: Cynthea Amnatkeo Photo: Isabella Bejarano

A squadron of warriors is set to descend on San Francisco's Asian Art Museum next week, unleashing a rare glimpse of the Qin Dynasty in 210 B.C. "China's Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor's Legacy" will present 10 life-size terra cotta warriors from a collection of more than 8,000 discovered in 1974 in the First Emperor's burial chambers, along with 110 rare objects in bronze, gold and other materials. The discovery is considered on par with the treasures of the tombs of the pharaohs of Egypt.

The warrior sculptures, each unique, were made to represent the armies of Qin Shihuang, the first emperor of China. They were buried with him in an underground complex the size of four football fields, and remain one of the true wonders of the ancient world.

Today's fashion world seems to be having an extended military moment - although with a softer edge than the stoic general and kneeling archer clad in limestone suits of armor on view in the museum's Osher Gallery.

Spring's collections featured prints and fabric manipulations in soft, neutral colors reflecting the texture, color and energy of the remarkable statues. With the rise of independent fashion, it's all about designer-meets-handmade Etsy pieces for a unique, high-low look. This spring, whether urbanites wear pleated jackets or digital moon prints, the idea is to march forward in layered, out-of-the-ordinary fabrics with bold silhouettes - all the better to tune in to their own warrior spirits.

China's Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor's Legacy: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursdays. Friday-May 27. Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin St., S.F. $10-$22. (415) 581-3500. www.asianart.org.
    Credits

Photographer: Isabella Bejarano, Academy of Art University
    Styling: Noah Shaw, Academy of Art University
    Model: Annie Maki, City Models Inc.
    Photo assistant: Nick Gutierrez
    Hair: Desiree Moon Cerda
    Makeup: Cynthea Amnatkeo

Photographer: Isabella Bejarano, Academy of Art University Styling: Noah Shaw, Academy of Art University Model: Annie Maki, City Models Inc. Photo Assistant: Nick Gutierrez Hair: Desiree Moon Cerda Makeup: Cynthea Amnatkeo Photo: Isabella Bejarano
    follow the link for more fashion (no more swords tho...)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Hotties ?....not homelies....
    Well she's almost naked, and when you get to my age you realize that most of them look pretty good when they're naked.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Lucas... pedo

MB we need to start a petition to gene to change Lucas' forum name to PedoLuc
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Lucas... pedo
    Here is my reply:

Here is one for MB and JC. Not my thing, but I figure I would put something up they can get into. Don't enjoy yourselves too much fellas!

Now that's more like it! Take off the Depends, I'm coming in!

I got your back, bro.

and now back to the regularly scheduled program

Lucas going cosplay, eh?

No matter how you disguise yourself today, you cannot escape your fate this Thor's Day.

Meanwhile, back on topic: Babes with Blades! I'm not sure how these two theatrical groups have escaped us for so long. Maybe it was confounded by Kung Fu Femmes.

Babes with Blades USA

That sword is one of from my olde sword shoppe, the Armoury. I can tell by the pommel.

Babes with Blades UK

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hey Lucas:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !