Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Sword hotties

But she must never know the truth...

...the truth is this Wonder Woman is a major sword hottie.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Dani Zhu

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Into the Badlands: The Widow and Tilda fight

Into the Badlands shared this sneak preview with KungFuMagazine.com and three other reporters. This was the scene that we had the opportunity to watch being filmed during my set visit last November for the article I wrote in our May+June 2017 issue. It's the ultimate Sword Hottie duel for this show. I was so lucky to see it. I can't wait to see it in context of the penultimate show, which airs this Sunday, appropriately for Mother's Day.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Can't wait to see it.

Wow, s_r & J both WW the big thumbs up. It's got to be good.

This strikes me as really funny because I hate the ol' sword-over-the-back thing. How to you re-sheath that? But who am I to critique sword hottie fashion? There are more pix - I only posted a few.

Women Are Trying Out Wonder Woman's Sword Trick, And It Works!
    by Amanda Adame | 5 days ago

It seems women around the world have really connected with the girl power in the hit film Wonder Woman. Some women are even trying out the Amazonian skills in the flick, like hiding a sword beneath their dresses to channel fearsome vibes.

(via Hello Giggles)

Viewers wondered if Diana's sword trick in the film was plausible in real life, so one girl set out to discover how realistic it actually was. When pressed by a friend, Eva Wei shoved a one-handed regenyei down her sheer chiffon dress, and the results were quite surprising!

As she explains in her Facebook post, Eva put the slick trick to the test and found out she could walk and even dance with the sword in her dress.

Eva Wei
    June 7 ·

So, Anna-Karin asked if the sword in dress-scene from Wonder Woman was plausible. I promised to give it a serious try, so I took my regenyei onehander and shoved it down my sheer chiffon dress. It worked.. surprisingly well. The sword sits pretty decent and I can walk and dance in it without that much of a fuss. I also think it could be drawable if it was just 10 cm shorter (which I estimate WW's sword to be) so that also kind of works. So the verdict is that the scene is actually surprisingly plausible.

EDIT: Apparently, this is a thing now. Grab a dress and your weapon of choice and tag #WWgotyourback and let me see all your marvellous creations <3
    In the course of just one day, this has suddenly become a thing and women all over are putting weapons underneath their gowns and sharing the results under the hashtag #WWgotyourback on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Check out a selection of the images below for an instant dose of girl power:

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Michelle's roots are in Wushu

To see the Karate Hottie as a Sword Hottie, follow the link for the embedded ESPN video. I may just have to pick up this issue for research purposes.

Waterson: 'My warrior instinct was birthed with my child'
    Jul 5, 2017
    Morty Ain

This is an online exclusive story from ESPN The Magazine's Body Issue 2017, on newsstands on July 7. Subscribe today!

Michelle Waterson has been an MMA fighter for more than a decade, but she says her life -- and her career -- has never changed more drastically than when she gave birth to her daughter six years ago. For ESPN's annual Body Issue, the 31-year-old Waterson (aka the Karate Hottie) opened up to reporter Morty Ain about being an MMA mom, stretch marks and what she wants fighting to teach her daughter.

MMA is not for someone who wants to keep cute. Your body changes. You lose body fat, and that means you lose breast tissue. Your shoulders get broad, and you get scraped from the gloves. I do it because I love to do it. I could definitely be doing something else if I just wanted to look hot.

I like my Karate Hottie nickname. I think it's catchy. I don't mind saying that I'm hot. If you want to underestimate your opponent [because of her nickname], for sure, go ahead.

I was 10 when I started martial arts. It was a heavy influence on me going into adulthood. It's really given me a voice. It gave me the confidence I needed to go into the world without shying away. As a kid, I was outgoing, but I also never wanted to make anybody mad. I never spoke out. But martial arts allowed me to stand up for myself when I felt like something wasn't right or when I felt like I was being taken advantage of.

I absolutely fell in love with Muay Thai in college. We took a trip to Thailand to see family, and that's when I started exploring it. When I came back, I was going to college and working at Hooters full time. I got the opportunity to be a ring girl, and it was something fun to do and make some extra cash. I remember watching these MMA fights and saying, "Hey, I think I'd rather be inside the Octagon than out." One of the fighters -- he's a really big name now in UFC, Donald Cerrone -- overheard me and came to my work because they needed another girl for a fight. He left a note for me that said, "If you're serious about training, get your butt in the gym." I haven't looked back since.

Mark Seliger for ESPN

It was a shock when I first found out I was pregnant. A million thoughts were going through my head all at once. "What about my fight career?" Being pregnant for me was probably one of the hardest parts of my career, just because I had so many unknowns.

There is nothing that compares to the pain of childbirth. On a scale of 1-10, any pain I've taken in the ring would rank a 6, and childbirth is a 10. Now I know that if I can get through 12 hours of labor, then I can get through a 25-minute fight.

I have a warrior instinct that was birthed with my child. I was like, "OK, you're fighting for a reason now." I was hungrier and more motivated because I had somebody to take care of. I would start visualizing the fight as me being Mama Bear and someone was trying to take my cub.

Being a mother, you have to be completely selfless, and being a fighter you have to be selfish. So when I'm training, I'm 100 percent focused on training, and when I'm at home and being a mom, I have to be 100 percent focused on being a mom, switching from that fierce primal warrior instinct to being maternal and loving and caring and understanding and open to her.

For a long time, I was embarrassed about my stretch marks. Now I embrace them, because for me it was like this nest that I created to grow this little human in my body, and I'm proud of that. They are like my battle wounds.

I've finally come to a place in my heart and my soul that has embraced my body and the things that it does for me -- and the way that it makes me feel. I'm really at peace with who I am. That peace came after I had my daughter. I really gained an appreciation for the work that I put in to get my body where it needed to be.

Fighting for me has nothing to do with bludgeoning my opponent or making them bleed. To me, fighting is finding myself, battling with myself and becoming more whole with myself.

I was raised Buddhist. The meditation part of Buddhism teaches you how to be in the present moment and block everything else out. In fighting, it's important to do that, because the minute you start thinking about what happened two seconds ago, or what might happen a minute from now, that's when you pull yourself out of the moment. That's when it's dangerous, that's when you can get hurt and that's when you lose.

There is so much I can teach my daughter just by her watching me fight. She's come to every single one of my fights, and I'm hoping she's learning just by seeing what I do day in and day out, dealing with having a great victory and staying humble, and dealing with defeat and how to handle losses. All of these things are life lessons that need to be taught to a child, and what better way to do that than through your own experience?

I don't want her to see me hurt, but at the same time, when I lost my belt [in 2014], I think it was important for her to see me at that point. "I've hit rock bottom and everything is still OK. Tomorrow I get up and work my way back up the mountain." It's important for her to see that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This demanded a new thread.

Tai chi sword contest at national games
    Ecns.cn | 2017-08-30 13:40

Liang Biyong from Guangdong province performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. The event has attracted a total of 12,721 athletes to participate in 417 events across 33 sports, plus 7,620 amateurs in 126 events of 19 mass programs. [Photo/China News Service]

Liang Biyong from Guangdong province performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. [Photo/China News Service]

Liang Biyong from Guangdong province performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. [Photo/China News Service]

Zhu Miao from Beijing performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. [Photo/China News Service]

Zhu Miao from Beijing performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. [Photo/China News Service]

Ju Wenxin from Hebei province performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. [Photo/China News Service]

Zhuang Yingying from Fujian province performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. [Photo/China News Service]

Ju Wenxin from Hebei province performs Tai chi with a sword at the 13th Chinese National Games in Tianjin, Aug 28, 2017. [Photo/China News Service]

Sword hotties @ the China National Games
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tessa Thrompson

Valkyrie in THOR: RAGNAROK

Name:  ThorRagnarok5994db9f181d4.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  57.3 KBName:  ThorRagnarok5994db95c9e1a.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  45.5 KBName:  ThorRagnarok5974d7a491fe4.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  46.5 KBName:  ThorRagnarok5974d799ba0ca.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  55.1 KBName:  ThorRagnarok5902c183e2c79.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  40.3 KB

Best Sword Tai Chi video - Shiho Saito, Tai Chi World Champion

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ye Yongxiang

NEW THREAD: Hot Tai Chi Champions

If looks could kill... The 31-year-old is a martial arts teacher whose daily companions include swords, blades and rods. She said she hopes to revive traditional Tai Chi among young people

Practice makes perfect: Born to a family of Tai Chi masters in Shanghai, Yongxiang joked that she started practising Tai Chi when she was still in her mother's womb

Top-notch Kung Fu fighter: Yongxiang won three gold medals - in Tai Chi boxing, Tai Chi blade and Tai Chi sword - at the Hong Kong International Martial Arts Festival in 2014

Her efforts in teaching and promoting the traditional Chinese sport has gained her high praise
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Michelle is still queen of sword hotties

From the upcoming Ip Man Legacy: Master Z with Max Zhang, Tony Jaa, Dave Bautista, Anderson Silva, directed by Yuen Woo-Ping.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Lindswell Kwok

Asian Games: Indonesia’s wushu queen Lindswell Kwok retires after winning gold and thumbs up from president
    The 26-year-old ethnic Chinese is hoping more youngsters will take up the sport in her country after watching her performance

PUBLISHED : Monday, 20 August, 2018, 3:47pm
    UPDATED : Monday, 20 August, 2018, 3:47pm
    Nazvi Careem

Indonesia’s darling of the Asian Games, wushu athlete Lindswell Kwok, has fulfilled her promise to retire from the sport minutes after winning gold for her country.

The 26-year-old – adored by her compatriots for her beauty, charm and good nature – claimed gold in the Taijiquan and Taijijian all-round competition on Monday, beating Hong Kong’s Juanita Mok Eun-ying into second place, and then told media that she was calling it quits.

“It’s enough now,” said Kwok, who was watched by Indonesian President Jokowi at the JIExpo complex in Jakarta. “I want to rest first. I don’t know what I’ll do next.

View image on Twitter

Asian Games 2018

@asiangames2018
    Indonesia's Lindswell gets a thumbs up from President @jokowi after winning Gold for Wushu!#AsianGames #AsianGames2018 #EnergyOfAsia

21:22 - 19 Aug 2018
    5,604 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    “I have been in wushu since I was a small child. So, I don’t know how I would survive in a world without wushu in my life. I wanted to end my career on a high and I was able to do that.”

Kwok is one of Indonesia’s most decorated athletes, having won five world championship titles and four Southeast Asian Games championships in a row since 2011.

n
    Indonesia’s gold medallist Lindswell Kwok (centre) with Hong Kong’s Juanita Mok (left) and Philippines bronze medallist Agatha Wong. Photo: AP

If she carries out her promise to retire, Indonesia may experience a void in quality wushu experts on the women’s side. But Kwok hopes more young Indonesians will be inspired by her performances, just she as was drawn to the sport by those who came before her.

“It may not be visible right now but I hope that with Indonesia’s achievements in the sport, our children can be encourage to pursue the sport,” she said.

Lindswell Kwok hugs Hong Kong’s Juanita Mok after the medal ceremony. Photo: AP

“Previously, I never had any interest but when I saw athletes becoming world champions and raising the profile of Indonesian wushu, I became enthusiastic and decided to take up wushu.”

Jokowi, who congratulated Kwok in person after her victory, went on to social media to congratulate her achievement, saying she was the symbolic leader of the Indonesian wushu team.

Glamorous with movie-star good looks, Kwok is a symbol of unity in multi-ethnic Indonesia where more than a year ago many in the capital took to the streets to help oust former governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, an ethnic Chinese.
    THREADS:
    Asian Games
    Sword Hotties
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

a two-fer today

From TCM and Beauty Tips
    From Asian Traditional Wushu (Kungfu) Championship

GOLDEN GIRL. 2018 Asian Games bronze medalist Agatha Wong continues to impress in the regional scene. Photo from Asian Games media pool
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

Photofest
    Red Sonja
    She still looks like she can kick ass.
    From our Red Sonja: the ultimate Sword Hottie? thread
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt

Copied and edited from the Dragon Spring Phoenix Rise post on our Martial Arts in Live Theater thread

Inside the International Rehearsal Process for New Kung Fu Musical Dragon Spring Phoenix Rise
    BY NATHAN SKETHWAY
    MAY 30, 2019

Peiju Chien-Pott (An Rong Xu)

Jasmine Chu (An Rong Xu)
    Totally copy-able to our Sword Hotties thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips