Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Judas: A True Blue Hero

Judas: A True Blue Hero

So did anyone see that NGC special? The Gospel of Judas. That was intriguing as hell but im not the least bit surprised something like that surfaced. Do you think it has any validity? What really got me thinking though. The 2 different sides of the story dont bother me so much. There might even be a little truth to both sides. But what bothers me is the fact that Jesus, this enlightened soul, thought that he had to commit suicide to follow gods plan. I never bought that for some reason.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

yeah doesnt surprise me./ they crucified jesus on a friday. all crucifixtions were held on mondays so they could leave the bodies to starve to death over the week. judas set him up, it was jesus's plan to be reborn a messiah. after all he was an egyptian magician who was a follower of john the baptists, broke off and went on hsi own, and integrated many isis and osiris tales and stories into his teaching. yes its true lol. dieing and rising 3 days later is what isis and osiris did, and the our father is very similar to one of the ancient egyptian occult prayers. and yes jesus did get his first "apostles" from the baptist cult.
    now if you believe it who knows who cares. it was an interesting read. its called "the templar revelations" actual biblical historians and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

It's not shocking at all.

http://benwitherington.blogspot.com/
    "Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest.
    In raiding and plundering be like fire, in immovability like a mountain.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

you lost me lueb.

speaking of jesus though. that guy that played him on the show was ****in' creepy.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

It's Easter time, so, time for TV shows and movies which center around Christ. And, of course, controversy = ratings. It's amazing how many TV docs. try to portray Christ differently based on texts that have been debunked by scholars (of course they don't emphasize this). Such as the gnostic texts. Makes you wonder what's the agenda behind it.....probably just ratings.

Jesus Lived in India

http://www.sol.com.au/kor/7_01.htm

This article is a summary of Kersten's exhaustive research into Christ's travels after the Crucifixion, his arrival in India with the Mother Mary and finally his death and entombment in Kashmir. Kersten notes the many parallels of Christ's teachings with other religious and cultural traditions and suggests that at least some of these figures may have been one and the same personality. It is not possible, Kersten asserts, to disprove that Christ went to India. The current information documenting Christ's life is restricted to the gospels and the work of Church theologians. One can hardly trust these sources to be objective considering their obvious interest in maintaining the authority of their Church and its grip on the masses.
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

How do you debunk texts based on events that are largely unverified? I understand why the gnostic scriptures didn't make it into canon, but there's a difference between something not being in the mainstream of christianity and something being somehow more false than the mainstream based on that. For instance, Christ's "why have you forsaken me" makes a lot more sense from a gnostic perspective, as he is still as human as the rest of us to the gnostics, whereas it seems like every view I've heard on that statement from more mainstream christians tries very hard to avoid giving him human failings at all. I may simply not be familiar with better explanations than that.

who says gnostics texts are debunked? this is news to me. in relation to what? are you saying they aren't ancient texts used by early 1st, 2nd and 3rd century christians, or are you saying compared to the mainstream bible they have no validity? that would all be highly up to debate and if you believe the latter thats just your own bias showing through. now im not saying your guilty of this but it really is a shame most christians dont know the history of their own bible or religion.

I read something like that recently Indestructible. The part that really caught my attention was about Jesus being a student of the Essene sect, and that the Essenes were heavily influenced by Buddhist missionaries that flooded into Egypt, Greece, i think Italy and Judea. That they were basically a western sect of Buddhism.

This debate wouldn't be worth having since neither side can be proven or disproven. Personally, I think that the Bible is not the whole story, just the whole story the church wanted its followers to know. It is one of the most grand pieces of manipulation out there. The church used guilt and fear of persecution to keep the peasants at bay and the church in power. The Bible was pruned to do just that and continues to be "translated" in different forms.

At this point it is a matter of faith and personal belief. No one will ever know the truth until they're dead. Don't get me wrong...I believe in God, not the institution of the church.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Jesus was just a man who sat differently and refused to bathe. I find his fable to be no more entertaining than anything the Bros. Grimm have told....

But it sure does have people shook, huh?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    are you saying they aren't ancient texts used by early 1st, 2nd and 3rd century christians,.
    Pretty much.

The Gnostics departed -wildly- from what was commonly believe by the early Christian communities.

They were, in all respects, a different religion.
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

Jesus didn't live in India!

Jesus couldn't of lived in india, he was white. See attached picture for rock solid proof!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Jesus couldn't of lived in india, he was white. See attached picture for rock solid proof!

Sweet! But there are some who say he is a she. Any thoughts on that?
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

I'm dying to read the Gospel of Judas

In college, I was very into the Gnostic Gospels and the Nag Hammadi Library. There's no question of their archeological authencity. The question is more of a religious one - wheter or not you'll allow these writings into your belief system. Just like today, there were many sects of Christianity and many different texts floating around. The Bible itself was a compendium of some of these selected texts (which is why the all the books read so differently). The alternate texts were excised from the Bible for a reason. That really intrigues me. Personally, I love reading the different interpretations, but then I'm not Christian, so for me it's more of a philosophic/spiritual exercise. For the same reason, I read the Koran and the Kebra Nagast. The Gospel of Judas sounds really juicy, so I can't wait until someone presents it in a nice little paperback like Elaine Pagel's Gnostic Gospels.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart