Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Judas: A True Blue Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    where in the bible does jesus claim to be the son of god. or was this a title given to him?
    There are many examples of Jesus making claims to being God although the more popular title seems to be Son of Man. However for some examples of Christs words which show he claimed to be God or Equal to God please refer to:

John 10:30-33-Same as God they are one

John 14:6-9-He is the only way ot the Father

John 8:57-59-Was present in the beginning

John 6:32-35-He is the bread of life

John 3:16-18-Most famous verse in the Bible.

While it is easy to discount Christs' claims to be the Son of God Jesus made it clear that he and the Father(God) were the same. Therefore, he ether was as he cliamed or he was a liar or insane. Those who claim he was a great prophet ignore this and the fact that if he did not speak the truth he was a Blasphemer. Like I said before you can't have it both ways.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

you know

on Sunday(Easter) i got up and went to go feed the dogs and to also feed the chickens in the coup and gather a few eggs in the nesting box and lo and behold there was the BIGGEST rat snake i had ever seen, eating one of those eggs

i was just thinking about the irony of it all when i saw that snake devouring an egg and on that day of easter.

Weird Huh? TWS

P.S. oh i caught the snake and relocated him. I like snakes
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

We are all Biased by our own perception brought about by life experiences. This said I can say truth in Spirituality and combat are the same it is an individuals own experience and abilities. Many people can say many things but truth is truth. No matter what is done by Man does not change the truth of what is. Religion is mans prostitution of truth for human gains but the truth of the Lord is eternal. To judge a way by ones own thought of right or wrong is to try to put ones self in the same level as God. That is impossible. OK now tear this post apart. BMG KC

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Dragon
    Pretty much.

The Gnostics departed -wildly- from what was commonly believe by the early Christian communities.

They were, in all respects, a different religion.
    I agree. I guess the question is, "Which Christian tradition, Orthodox or Gnostic, taught closer to what their leader Jesus taught?" Both writings come from the same time. We will never know which one trully embrassed his teachings. We can look at this point though...The victors wrote their version of Christianity and they kept it that way through intimidation, murder and fantasism. I don't think that's the way Jesus thought. Who knows for sure though right?