Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i got my first two taps [/yay]

Adults get their green before their blue at some bjj clubs . It was done to keep the egos of the new students in place when they come in and a white belt whups up on them. With the green belt the person thinks that at least it was some sorta colored belt.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

And having a dude be a white belt for three years, makes your school look good when the white belts are kicking ass.

Insted of belts all styles should just have everyone wear a chain around their neck with the number of years they've practiced the Martial arts.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 04-15-2006 at 11:23 AM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    i will never miss a class simply because i don't feel like it. tonight i was considering not going because my energy has been low all week and i had a really lousy class monday. i forced myself to go and some **** finally clicked and i got my first two taps.

my first was against the guy who is about my size that i spoke about in my last thread. he hasn't been there since we rolled last and that actually taught me a lot about technique. as we are both noobs you could tell i learned a bit in the time he was gone and was able to relax while he tried to muscle stuff. ill not brag as i got him with a guillotine from the guard (noob cannon), but i was still happy.

the second was against the wrestler who always beats my ass real good. hes a lot stronger than i am, and explosive, and he just tosses me around every which way. tonight i had him in my guard and kept going for 3/4 guard and he would repeatedly pick me up and slam me on my back. not real hard to be a **** or anything, but hard enough to try and loosen up my legs. i decided to go for the triangle on one of my bounces and almost had it textbook. he tried to roll out and when it was said and done i ended up on top with the triangle still locked in applying pressure down and tapped him.

he subsequently beat my ass good the next time we rolled, but that does not take the wind out of my sails in the slightest. even when i got my ass beat i managed to dump him when he had full mount (granted that was his 5th match in a row and i was coming in fresh).

anyway .... im sorry i didn't listen to you mma fukers sooner. i love this sh1t.
    DOOD, that was awesome! Good for you.

(MMA fuker to be)

TuG.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    i will never miss a class simply because i don't feel like it. tonight i was considering not going because my energy has been low all week and i had a really lousy class monday. i forced myself to go and some **** finally clicked and i got my first two taps.

my first was against the guy who is about my size that i spoke about in my last thread. he hasn't been there since we rolled last and that actually taught me a lot about technique. as we are both noobs you could tell i learned a bit in the time he was gone and was able to relax while he tried to muscle stuff. ill not brag as i got him with a guillotine from the guard (noob cannon), but i was still happy.

the second was against the wrestler who always beats my ass real good. hes a lot stronger than i am, and explosive, and he just tosses me around every which way. tonight i had him in my guard and kept going for 3/4 guard and he would repeatedly pick me up and slam me on my back. not real hard to be a **** or anything, but hard enough to try and loosen up my legs. i decided to go for the triangle on one of my bounces and almost had it textbook. he tried to roll out and when it was said and done i ended up on top with the triangle still locked in applying pressure down and tapped him.

he subsequently beat my ass good the next time we rolled, but that does not take the wind out of my sails in the slightest. even when i got my ass beat i managed to dump him when he had full mount (granted that was his 5th match in a row and i was coming in fresh).

anyway .... im sorry i didn't listen to you mma fukers sooner. i love this sh1t.
    the first guy is now one of my best friends and a brown belt in BJJ. i just got back on the mat after beating grad school and i am actually much worse at BJJ now than i was then. i'm really strong now, but still get whomped.
    where's my beer?

that is good to hear brother it is always nice to know someone is progressing in his kung fu journey.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

thanks, bro. i kung fu so hard now.
    where's my beer?