Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bak sing CLF demo clips

Bak sing CLF demo clips

Here some Bak sing Clf demos....in the first oneU could see Sifu Lai Hung doing a broadsword forms.....and the other forms empty hands seem to be ping kuen....nice spear form .....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...li+fut&pl=true

Dont know the first forms ? it is sup ji kuen or the kau da ?

Interview with GM Lun Tse

Maybe some could give more comment about this demos

Stteeve

Yeap, I REALLY liked those guys. They seemed to have incredible control and everything. . .

I just wished some of the Sifus would've gone all out power mode. That would've been cool.

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Steeve, I don’t know the forms from the other schools but the ones in your second link are preformed by sifu Edmund Ng’s students and are sup ji kuen, moi fa seurng chap & dit jin cheong kuen, which are hung sing (hero winning) not bak sing

On your first link the empty hand form after the spear form is ping keun don’t know about the names of the other forms in that link

It is a Buk Sing Banquet that was held in Kwong Chow. The clips a mixture of CLF styles. One of the spear forms is a northern one and Lai Hung's sword also looks like a mixture because it has some of his buk siu lum moves in it.

The last form of the second link is Sup Ji Jit Fu Kuen. It's very similar to our version.

The performances were very good.

If it isn't too much trouble, would someone who can identify such things point out which parts of the clips are Bak Sing and which are Hung Sing? Being an outsider to CLF, I'm rather unable to differentiate between the two.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see an analysis has been done in another thread.
    Last edited by Hephaestus; 04-14-2006 at 11:51 PM.
    ~H

The first link are all Bak sing forms the Sup ji kuen ....kau da in this clips probably....the weapon forms are more influenced by pek Sil lum ....

the opening seem the same for the two forms its the salute its the salute of Pak sing CLF....Im just not sure which one is what....

Im sure someone could give us an input...

Steeve

The first form - thw kwan do set is performed by Chiu Siu Kay, who is a hung sing sifu.

The 2nd form - spear set is probably hung sing because buk sing doesn't have a spear set.

The two hand sets are both buk sing.

The 2nd spear form is northern and not CLF at all.

Peace.

Thank CLFNole

Ur right Buk sing have only a staff form.....but probably some adds a lot of other weapons forms in the CV of buk sing since GM Tam Sam the spear form look very northern style

The questions now ...IS whats the two empty hands forms.......buk sing have three empty hands....traditionnaly(sup ji ,kau da and ping kuen)

No buk sing guys ready to help us

Steeve

Buk Sing has the sheung garp dan kwun (single & double end staff); however this is also seen in the Chan Family and Hung Sing branches (remember buk sing and hung sing are basically the same thing).

The 1st spear is definately southern as it is played like a single end staff, whereas the 2nd form is definately northern with the left hand being the lead hand instead of the right.

More than likely the hand forms shown are bits and pieces of sets since most sifus don't show actual forms when performing. Generally they will put something together with parts and sections they like.

I agree with U CLFNole

Ur a great martial artist very wise or knowleadge sorry for my english....from where Do U came...

The buk sing fom are some ping kun ,kau da and sup ji in .....

Steeve

Steeve:

I am from the Lee Koon Hung lineage, which has its roots in both the Chan Family and Hung Sing sides.

Peace.

Peace CLFNole

Thel late Sifu Lee Koon Hung is a great CLF men probably the best of the century.....keep good work to his name...

Steeve

Blog Entries
    Steeve,

how ya doin? the openings of the two sets you are referring to is not strictly buk sing CLF. ALthough there are a few different techniques the patter of the "L" is strickly hung sing and the techniques are also within Lau Bun's openings as well.

I could do a set side by side and although its different we will follow along each other very closely.

sorry bro, not just a buk sing opening.

hsk

hsk

So for U its not buk sing?

even if each system have is own salute....

Im interest to know if its not the buk sing salute ....this guy do the GM lau bun
    forms....

Dont know ?

For U whats forms this guydone?

Steeve