Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: f Cung Le is successful in MMA, what effects on CMA will his success have?

The Dao of Seven Star, listen up son CMA are 30 years behind even today. CMA will have it's day with more schools and more people doing it eventualy it will find it's way. MMA is just the flavor of the month here today gone tomorow.

I am trying very hard to get kung fu promoters to establish full contact rules in there tournaments, the problem is insurance and most kung fu schools don't have the kind of money or backing to create venues like the UFC.

greencloud.net

Why don't you just grow a pair and have your guys compete in MMA events?
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    purity matters in this case, and it's not necessarily a myth. Sure, his cma may be a mix of various chinese styles, making it "impure" per se, but it would be fully chinese, so he would still be a "pure" chinese stylist.
    Eh, I don't think people will really research whether he's a "pure" chinese stylist or not. Stuff like that is for forums like this. I say it's a myth because I can't imagine any fighter making a definite choice to train exclusively in styles from one region. The early UFC's were mentioned before, and people like Pat Smith and Mo smith probably got people to look at kickboxing, even though neither of them were "pure" kickboxers. Both had backgrounds in Tae Kwon Do. And what about Jason Delucia, his Five Animal style replaces Leopard with Mantis blended with tae kwon Do,uses Japanese Terminology, and he teaches "Combat Aikido" yet he somehow represents Gung Fu. @_@ MMA gets people into BJJ regardless of whether the fighters are pure BJJ guys or not. They can be Sambo and BJJ, or whatever mixture you can imagine,and what people will investigate is what the commentator makes note of. Then they'll study whatever the instructors of the schools they visit convinces them to study. Anyway, I'm talking in circles. So I believe that if the announcers mention San Shou or any Chinese martial art, then whoever is impressed by Cung will probably look into San Shou or whatever Chinese Martial Art.
    Last edited by metsubushi; 04-21-2006 at 02:41 PM.
    "Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest.
    In raiding and plundering be like fire, in immovability like a mountain.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00
    Why don't you just grow a pair and have your guys compete in MMA events?
    Ahhm we do mostly San Da events, unfortunately I don't know of to many amature UFC events. But we are slowly venturing in that direction. One thing at a time right now it's san da.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    Ahhm we do mostly San Da events, unfortunately I don't know of to many amature UFC events. But we are slowly venturing in that direction. One thing at a time right now it's san da.
    yes, get some sanda experience under your guys' belts.

but, incidentally, isn't your kung-fu brother, Sifu Ross and Ventura starting a MMA league soon? That can be venue when your guys are ready.

Thats where we are headed, anything Ross does Especialy Ventura they know I'm all for it. I have always supported my training brothers and I am Verry proud of the fact that they have the Cohones to let the public know that CMA is a force that needs to be respected.

greencloud.net